Gaming List of all DS(i) Rereleases/Ports/Remakes/etc (includes DSiWare and Homebrew)

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe i missed it while reading your list but if it is missing i will suggest you to add cheretic the port of Heretic and the new version of DualHexen, the port of Hexen :)

Yeah seems like I missed these. Just added them now. Thank you!

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are also the rare point'n'click games of the nds originally published on pc, I saw that you had put some of them but we could count these:

- Captain Morgane and the Golden turtle
- Runaway 2 The Dream of the Turtle
- Runaway 3 A Twist of Fate
- The Last King of Africa
- So Blonde : Back to the Island

Oh and another FPS homebrew : Dscent the port of the DOS game Descent, there is also the port of Rise Of The Triad but it should be upgraded to really be part of the list because it is very buggy

Last edited by Indy13,
Reactions: Kaisaan

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are also the rare point'n'click games of the nds originally published on pc, I saw that you had put some of them but we could count these

I haven't been able to verify any of those games myself but I'll add them anyway, thank you! Also added DScent as you suggested. As for other homebrew ports, I agree that they should be in a good enough condition before I add them to the list. Thank you again for the suggestions!

Reactions: Indy13

86houdini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jagged Alliance received a DS port. I just learned about it yesterday, it's not on the spreadsheet. There's also X-Scape, a remake of X from the GBA. DSiware.

Reactions: zfreeman

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jagged Alliance received a DS port. I just learned about it yesterday, it's not on the spreadsheet. There's also X-Scape, a remake of X from the GBA. DSiware.

Added Jagged Alliance to the list. Though for X-Scape, wikipedia says it's a sequel to X from the Gameboy, not a remake. Do you know of any other sources that mention it is a remake? Regardless, thank you for the suggestions!

86houdini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added Jagged Alliance to the list. Though for X-Scape, wikipedia says it's a sequel to X from the Gameboy, not a remake. Do you know of any other sources that mention it is a remake? Regardless, thank you for the suggestions!
Honestly the Gameboy game is so barebones having played both it feels like a remake to m, though the two are some of my favorites on both systems so I might be biased. Also, Flower, Sun, and Rain for the notes I would add that the PS2 release has never been translated, fan or official. Additionally, there's a port of Populus, Populus DS, not sure if it's a port or a remimagining tho.

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly the Gameboy game is so barebones having played both it feels like a remake to m, though the two are some of my favorites on both systems so I might be biased. Also, Flower, Sun, and Rain for the notes I would add that the PS2 release has never been translated, fan or official. Additionally, there's a port of Populus, Populus DS, not sure if it's a port or a remimagining tho.

Yeah sometimes it's hard to tell if a game is a remake or a sequel especially when the games tend to be really similar or really different lol. I also already have the PS2 original release of Flower, Sun, and Rain bolded to show that it was a Japanese-exclusive title. Also, Populus DS just seems to be another entry to its series rather than being a port/remake, but I'm not fully sure. Thank you again for the feedback!

86houdini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sometimes it's hard to tell if a game is a remake or a sequel especially when the games tend to be really similar or really different lol. I also already have the PS2 original release of Flower, Sun, and Rain bolded to show that it was a Japanese-exclusive title. Also, Populus DS just seems to be another entry to its series rather than being a port/remake, but I'm not fully sure. Thank you again for the feedback!
For sure, I'll see if I can find anything else to contribute to the list, it's pretty good so far!

Reactions: Kaisaan

86houdini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you count board games there's Carcassonne (PAL exclusive) and Stratego: Next Edition, there's also Desktop Tower Defense, which was a PC game. There's the Sims 2 (saw Urbz and Simcity but not Sims 2). Civilization Revolution maybe? Sokoban DS is a remake of the 1982 game, PAL exclusive.

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you count board games there's Carcassonne (PAL exclusive) and Stratego: Next Edition, there's also Desktop Tower Defense, which was a PC game. There's the Sims 2 (saw Urbz and Simcity but not Sims 2). Civilization Revolution maybe? Sokoban DS is a remake of the 1982 game, PAL exclusive.

Carcassonne: This just seems like an adaptation of the board game rather than being a remake, if that makes sense.
Stratego: Next Edition: If you mean the original board game being remade for the DS then I'm also unsure if that counts. What does count is that the DS release seems to be ported as DSiWare so I'll add that.
Desktop Tower Defense: I assume this is indeed a port of the original so I'll add this.
Sims 2: From what I understand, the DS version is a completely different game from the GBA version (source: StackZ the sims 2 gba guy) and different from all other versions of Sims 2.
Civilization Revolution: Seems to be a different game from its console releases.
Sokoban DS: Unless the levels were reused from the original this just seems to be another entry of the Sokoban series. There's also a homebrew version of Sokoban for the DS but that also seems to have original designed levels.

Hopefully my comments here made sense. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me with proof like video comparisons or other sources. Thank you once again for the suggestions!
Post automatically merged:

The Oregon Trail was a DSiWare remake of the DOS version. It also has a remake on the Switch.
Already have that added. I didn't add the Switch remake since that doesn't seem to be based off of the DSiWare remake. Thank you regardless!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free