Hacking libdi and the DVDX installer Released

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
voodoolady said:
What if I´m stubborn and want to try playing DVDs in my modded console without patchmii and with the "normal" libdi?
If I´m unsuccessful, can I just install patchmii and then libdi "modchip" over the previous install with no side effects?

yes, you can because when you reload the installer it will show that you already have it installed. so then you can uninstall the old one and then install the PatchMii one.

don't expect it to work without Patchmii though because there is a reason they're including it.

I just tried it without Patchmii because Patchmii isn't working for me, and MPlayer loads to a black screen and doesn't work. PatchMii needs to connect to the internet (WHY??) and my console has not been able to connect to the internet for the last hour even though every other wireless thing i own does...

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so burned movies work, but only if you burn .iso files in DVD format? Like you can't just drag and drop some video clips on a DVD and burn them and they play? Then have to be burned as a DVD format with the menu and extras and stuff?

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, my internet connected and I successfully installed PatchMii and then the DVDX program. Now when I open MPlayer it scrolls some text and then loads the splash screen. At this point, nothing works whatsover. I tried hitting 1 to pull up the menu and tried pushing every button. It doesn't completely freeze because the text under the Mplayer logo displaying things like "Team Twiizers" still is moving/scrolling. Also if I push the reset button on the console, HBC will reload. When I put a DVD in nothing happens - drive doesn't even start to spin. The result is the same whether the DVD is already in or loaded after I start the Mplayer.

I have a D2CKey if that helps.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got two legit movies to work, one by selected title 1 and the other by title 2, right now it seems like more of a guessing game oh well.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. I'm currently enjoying Swingers on my wii.
I could easily watch this movie on my DVD player, but because I'm watching it on my wii, it makes it much much better.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fischju said:
If DL DVDs don't work, can somebody try changing booktypes?

I just tried Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3, which I think are dual layered. The second one loaded with all of the chapters. The third one didn't seem to have the chapters loaded properly, as it only showed two. However, it did load the disc. Overall, it is a very nice release, and works very well for being just the first release.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I'm wondering what will happen to IOS249 and its further development now. Because there are two ways now of accessing DVD's: this new libdi and through ios249.

and what exactly does patchmii patch?
an ios, the hidden channel or does it install another new thing?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
IOS249 = PatchMii (more or less)

PatchMii is opensource and IOS patching does not relate only to DVD features so don't worry

PatchMii:
1/ removes the DVD__LowReadUnencrypted limit so that you can have full access DVD with drivechips
2/ restore the signature bug (Trucha bug) that Nintendo fixed recently (in IOS37 and IOS31)

There are some other patches like to let you uninstall system channels (IOS,...) but the two above are the main ones

dingchow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it to work. Keep in mind its with a mod chip

1. create folder called Patchmii in apps folder.
2. copy patchmii.dol to patchmii folder
3. rename patchmii.dol to boot.dol
4. copy di folder to apps folder
5. open di folder and rename installer.dol to boot.dol
6. copy mplayer folder to apps folder
7. start HBC and run patchmii (renamed to boot.dol) it will exit to HBC
8. Run DVDX installer (renamed to boot.dol in the di folder)
8a choose normal if no modchip
8b choose patchmii if you have a mod chip
8c choose exit and it will return you to HBC
9. start Mplayer
10. put in dvd

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
IOS249 = PatchMii (more or less)

PatchMii is opensource and IOS patching does not relate only to DVD features so don't worry

PatchMii:
1/ removes the DVD__LowReadUnencrypted limit so that you can have full access DVD with drivechips
2/ restore the signature bug (Trucha bug) that Nintendo fixed recently (in IOS37 and IOS31)

There are some other patches like to let you uninstall system channels (IOS,...) but the two above are the main ones

thanks for explaining.
But I already have installed ios249 with the dvd-enabling options. But they're basically the same, is that patchmii then still required to run first?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I don't know , it depends on which IOS version patchmii.dol is installing, this is certainly the IOS reloaded by the hidden channel also

edit: looking at the code, it appears to patch IOS37 and install it as IOS254.
so yes, patchmii is required

also, I just notice that a downgrader can be easily done in 2 seconds , based on this code:

simply modify these lines to match the proper title ids (system menu or IOS) you want to download and reinstall
QUOTE said:
#define INPUT_TITLEID_H 1
#define INPUT_TITLEID_L 37
#define OUTPUT_TITLEID_H 1
#define OUTPUT_TITLEID_L 254

and comment/remove this part to avoid useless patching

QUOTEif(patch_hash_check(decrypted_buf, content_size)) update_tmd = 1;
if(patch_new_dvdlowunencrypted(decrypted_buf, content_size)) update_tmd = 1;

add a basic menu to change the title IDs above...

and you have your downgrader, surprising isnt it
rolleyes.gif

(code is available since July,11)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: