Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
Anyone remember WiiMiidia?
rofl2.gif

I think the creator even forgot about it.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasticpie said:
jinxvorheeze said:
Anyone remember WiiMiidia?
rofl2.gif

I think the creator even forgot about it.

No he "Bricked His Wii" while he was working on DVD playback... His media player is so good he was working on DVD playback and zooming widescreen->fullscreen aspect ratio, but he can't provide a video of it working..... And don't start the flames of he doesn't owe us anything, I understand but its funny to me.

QUOTE(dCiSo @ 08-11-2008, 06:15 PM)
The way I was setting it up would let you have a zoom feature that would alllow you to force the video into different aspect ratios. So if you have a widescreen dvd movie and a standard screen you would by default see the black area but if you zoomed it would take it away converting it to a Full Screen view. I have not tested the feature all that much as I was working on it a little before I was bricked. As soon as my Infectus Chip gets here I will be able to clean it up and test it some more.

http://www.console-scene.info/forums/wii-h...1-alpha-28.html

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homesickalien said:
fly_us said:
- installed the patchmii_core (since i have a chip).
- install di
- run mplayer, select DVD-Video and play. then the drive spin for few rounds and stop, nothing was load. Try another disc, also same problem
frown.gif

Anybody has same problem?

I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling the di then re-installing using the advanced setting and choosing IOS254. Works fine now.
I'm running on a wiikey with all latest updates.

also tried it before, i tried to install using IOS35, 246 and 254, all fail.

i think i give up for now, waiting for new version or some kind ot it.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
SenorClean said:
FGOD said:
can anybody help me burning a dvd video to a dvd+r with dvd-rom booktype?

Which DVD+RW model are you using? Some drives have tools to turn it on, others don't offer it at all, others need hacked firmware.

I'm using a aopen dvd-rw duw1806 or something like that... any ideas?

@teq: i've tried dvd decrypter but my dvd burner isn't listed. and the dvd was already burned with dvd shrink...

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rlw said:
Regarding that, I can't say as to whether or not the application is true. However, dCiSo has contributed to some of Wii homebrew, including assisting Bushing in his semi-brick fix disc. It might not be real, and might not be as useful at this point, but I believe that he will release it eventually.

This is very true, which is why I till have a little faith in dCiSo. The only reason it makes it funny is all these other media players are beating him to the punch on everything now. WiiMiidia used to be our only hope, and now its the furthest thing from our minds. How fast the scene changes.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
The only thing funny is that people like you are constantly changing, not the scene

one day you are glorifying someone as a god, the next day he is fake because he does not released in time or or "funny" because someone else released something better

there is no competition or "beating" other than the ones you imagine yourself as soon as a dev is releasing/annoucing something

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
The only thing funny is that people like you are constantly changing, not the scene

one day you are glorifying someone as a god, the next day he is fake because he does not released in time or or "funny" because someone else released something better

there is no competition or "beating" other than the ones you imagine yourself as soon as a dev is releasing/annoucing something

It's not worth a flame war Jacobeian. I never glorified him as a God before since I've always had doubts, so me doubting him now is not me changing. I don't doubt he's making it, I doubt that by the time it's done, will we even need it anymore. Is it so wrong of me to think it's funny that people were so happy to see WiiMiidia, and didn't dream of another media player, let alone multiple. Is it so wrong of me to say that because it's taking him longer than he thought it would, that others have done what he was doing first. Not in a competitive way, they just completed it first. And to say that it's the people not the scene that changes.... what is the scene an object now? Because I was under the impression that the people made up the scene.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
two things:

1/ people like us are not the scene, we only get feeded by the ones who made it (devs & hackers). So as I said, only end users are changing

2/ the first goal of most devs is not to make an application useful to us, their first goal is the challenge of making their own application. It's not their problem if you don't like or don't need it when it is released. Only kiddies are coding for fame.

3/ you can not blame or laugh about someone just because of other people's reaction or expectation, devs are not responsible for the hype they create

actually, this make three
smile.gif

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take that, good arguements. I do respect dCiSo for alot of the things he has contributed to the scene. While I believe the scene includes the entire community (end user as well) I agree that the only person who truly matters in a project is the coder(s), and as long as they are happy then the project is a success. Cheers
grog.gif

typo99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I'm seeing the same thing. DVD+R movies won't play nice with mplayer-r27458. I have set the book type to DVD-ROM and verified the disc after burning, but I get the 'disc starts up for a second then stops' syndrome when trying to play a movie.

Funny thing is that eke-eke's new version of genplusgx with libdi support works fine for me. It mounts the dvd and reads the files from the disc fine so I have a high confidence that my dvdx install worked fine. The disc was ISO9660 level 2, but I am curious if joliet or rock ridge extensions will work. Anyone tried those?

I do not have a modchip btw.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to burn a DVD in a special way if you want to burn multiple videos to a disc (say a season of a television series) or can you just burn them any way. Does MPlayer read each individual clip as a seperate chapter or something? Anyone have success burning multiple video/movie clips onto a single DVD-R and play them all succesfully?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol