Hacking libdi and the DVDX installer Released

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
My reason for wanting CD support would be for the sake of someone releasing a Dreamcast emulator. I have over 35 plus Dreamcast games burned on cds and with artwork illustrated on all of them and mind you my artwork isn't shabby. Thats a lot of time invested into a console.

Well, keep them on display and use DVDs or SD.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
LightyKD said:
My reason for wanting CD support would be for the sake of someone releasing a Dreamcast emulator. I have over 35 plus Dreamcast games burned on cds and with artwork illustrated on all of them and mind you my artwork isn't shabby. Thats a lot of time invested into a console.

Well, keep them on display and use DVDs or SD.

I was thinking...for the sake of the cute factor i could put my games on mini DVDs. The average Dreamcast game is no bigger than a 1.5GB mini DVD. ...You said something about fitting something formatted for CD on a DVD. Does that mean that it's possible to burn a CD image onto a DVD? Could you provide some info or a tutorial?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
I was thinking...for the sake of the cute factor i could put my games on mini DVDs. The average Dreamcast game is no bigger than a 1.5GB mini DVD. ...You said something about fitting something formatted for CD on a DVD. Does that mean that it's possible to burn a CD image onto a DVD? Could you provide some info or a tutorial?

I meant there is a respective format for everything available on a CD.

For example, instead of an audio CD, you could make a DVD-Audio disc.

If a Dreamcast emulator is released, it'll most likely support everything via ISO. Multiple ISOs could be contained on one DVD.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it could still be impossible hardware-wise I think. Reading a CD would require a different wavelength of the laser. If the Wii was developed for reading DVD's only, it may actually be impossible for it to read a CD

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
because its just the firmware preventing it couldent we just release a custom firmware that has CD support

Sigh, sam...

I had hope that your comments would end, but alas...

Each medium has its own filesystem and encoding, in addition to requiring hardware specific to it. It's feasible, but ultimately pointless, when you factor that DVDs are easily acquired and the hardware already supports them.

QUOTEit could still be impossible hardware-wise I think. Reading a CD would require a different wavelength of the laser. If the Wii was developed for reading DVD's only, it may actually be impossible for it to read a CD

There's an algorithm for this, but as I mentioned before, CDs are more outdated than DVDs.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
priapism said:
if Patchmii or Libdi ever become problematic, is there a way to permanently remove them from the Wii system?

there is a uninstall function in the elf file after you've installed it...

can you elaborate on this?

i used .dol not .elf

i am not sure what you mean.

the uninstall function is in the elf file?

how do i access it?

thanks for the help

homesickalien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fly_us said:
- installed the patchmii_core (since i have a chip).
- install di
- run mplayer, select DVD-Video and play. then the drive spin for few rounds and stop, nothing was load. Try another disc, also same problem
frown.gif

Anybody has same problem?

I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling the di then re-installing using the advanced setting and choosing IOS254. Works fine now.
I'm running on a wiikey with all latest updates.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
FGOD said:
can anybody help me burning a dvd video to a dvd+r with dvd-rom booktype?

Which DVD+RW model are you using? Some drives have tools to turn it on, others don't offer it at all, others need hacked firmware.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm gonna get flamed on this, but have a weird question that someone probably already thought of...

Now, since this libdi can't read the 'encrypted' Wii discs (just regular plain burned to use with a Modchip), but what about burning the Wii disc as a normal DVD... just data...

use WiiScrubber to extract all the files, and burn them as data... any one try that yet?

Longbaugh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got the dvd function working fine, Is there any way to get this version to play streamed content as well? like pointing directly to a network share like in mplayer .04? If you know of a way can you please post instructions here or contact me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/n64-emulator-ps3-poc-wii64-port-by-emukidid-surfaces-9-years-af...