Hacking Let's Hope Hykem will make his exploit 5.1.1 compatible, what are the chances?

Filzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No disrespect to you. But I can't understand what you're saying. Can you explain as if you're explain to 10 year old? So IOSU would work on 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 right?

ITs simple, games has not been able to direct request exec or rw access to external ports in the WIIU, those attributions are in a ANCAST layer controlled by the IOSU, this mean when a game need to write on a device, it request to IOSU that request to ANCAST that enable NVRAM position.

In PS4 NVRAM are EXCLUSIVE TO A GAME.
In PS3 it is WORLD exclusive.

In WiiU the ANCAST is the WORLD EXCLUSIVE
In WIIU only in MarioMaker the NVRAM has not REALOAD from the real flash back to NVRAM, so, the EXECUTION code on USB ports are still there, so, when the call to a SYMBOL in the shadow NVRAM (or simple the current memory NVRAM) it will OPEN the usb do RW, and ALSO will let you EXECUTE a SIGNED CODE!

IT doesnt allow you to run a UNSIGNED CODE... so, if you have download a game to USB from eshop, you CAN call from the EXPLOIT it to RUN.....

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITs simple, games has not been able to direct request exec or rw access to external ports in the WIIU, those attributions are in a ANCAST layer controlled by the IOSU, this mean when a game need to write on a device, it request to IOSU that request to ANCAST that enable NVRAM position.

In WIIU only in MarioMaker the NVRAM has not REALOAD from the real flash back to NVRAM, so, the EXECUTION code on USB ports are still there, so, when the call to a SYMBOL in the shadow NVRAM (or simple the current memory NVRAM) it will OPEN the usb do RW, and ALSO will let you EXECUTE a SIGNED CODE!

IT doesnt allow you to run a UNSIGNED CODE... so, if you have download a game to USB from eshop, you CAN call from the EXPLOIT it to RUN.....
I can't tell if you are a genius who has trouble putting into words what he wants to say or if you are just the most well-read troll I've ever seen

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

Why are you screaming from time to time ?
Are you a choleric ?

Last edited by Net-KILLER,

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guy is saying mariomaker can run off USB
interesting...

Are you saying MarioMaker can open eshop games inside a USB
kinda like Miimaker and SSBB opens games on SD cards?

Reactions: Deleted User

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Entry point on 5.5.1 are inside MarioMaker... same way it has been found on 5.5.0.... Wiiu have same behavior, so, fix on 5.5.1 still hackable... execute code on it is another thing...
I've seen some posts of yours could you please stop portending you know anything and just not post.

The Wii U is hackable through the browser and no Dev has felt the need to even attempt a game exploit.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't tell if you are a genius who has trouble putting into words what he wants to say or if you are just the most well-read troll I've ever seen
Well, there is a German proverb "Wahnsinn und Genie gehen Hand in Hand" which means that insanity and genius are closely related. I guess so since this guy seems to have a lot of both or just trolling/insane :P

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hes a well read troll, non of the things are actually correct they only sound that way as real terms are used.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Filzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've seen some posts of yours could you please stop portending you know anything and just not post.

The Wii U is hackable through the browser and no Dev has felt the need to even attempt a game exploit.

Not really, no one has been able to run form USB/HDD any code, only from SD because the NVRAM doesnt allow it to execute codes from USB, capicce?

MarioMaker does this trick...

Reactions: paulloeduardo

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, no one has been able to run form USB/HDD any code, only from SD because the NVRAM doesnt allow it to execute codes from USB, capicce?

Dude, just... just stop. Super Mario Maker does not have any USB permissions that any other game doesn't have, which is simply to access saves and game content stored on USB. If someone wanted to make a game-based exploit they would use saviine to dump a save and then cafiine to inject the modified save back into the save file, they wouldn't try to do complicated shenanigans involving USB code

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK
Your "NVRAM" is not even documented on the wiiubrew wiki, do you think they wouldn't document something that allows code excution from USB/HDD??? Also a google search reveals this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-volatile_random-access_memory showing that NVRAM has NOTHING to do with USB/HDD access! FYI most people call this "NVRAM" of yours NAND, and all games installed to the wii U (aka eShop games) have access to NVRAM (NAND) because they run from it XD. So MM is not even special in that way Kek...
Also a quick search on the wiki wil give you this: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/IOSU#IOS-USB the thing that actually controls the access to USB/external HDD Xd.

Next time you troll folks please check the wiki first XD

Last edited by MRJPGames,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In my humble opinion I don't see any other purpose for this thread since we now know that Yellows8 exploit still works on 5.5.1 (https://twitter.com/smealum/status/687901109742997504). Since only browser got updated in 5.5.1, Hykem's IOSU will definitely work in 5.5.1 the same way it would work on 5.5.0

Unless you want to turn this into a USB access discussion, we already talked about it, USB in Wii U is enabled by default, the only way to load files from it is if it was formatted with Wii U native format, so yeah it is possible to load games off USB you'll just have a very hard time putting them in it, it won't be from pc directly, you would need it to go either through network in Wii U to USB or from SD card in Wii U to USB... So complicated that the devs thought it doesn't worth it. So just wait for IOSU access for an easier USB loading.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is so hard... I am on 5.5.0 and will stay there just to be safe (and yes I know IOSU should also work as only the browser was updated in 5.5.1 and the MP4 stagefright exploit still works and all), but I really want to buy Paper Mario (n64) from the eShop... Really would like an official announcement by @Hykem that it does indeed as we suspect right now work on 5.5.1.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he delays it again because he wants it to work on 5.5.1?
Then, 5.6.0 will be around the corner with Nintendo's new account system, so let's just see what happens in a few months maybe.

We have to wait regardless. Once it's out, we need to wait for more Homebrew apps and emus. Maybe a way to get Wii U pro controllers work for vWii VC games aswell, stream 3DS to TV wirelessly with boot & IOSU exploits.
Hopefully new entrypoints will be found for 5.6.0, I'm so tempted to update to 5.6.0 for the new account system when that comes out, but also not missing out on Homebrew lol. Though nothing is known yet.
Also will it be 5.6.0 and not 6.0.0 maybe XD

Reactions: MichMaster

MichMaster

#Pray4Hykem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe he delays it again because he wants it to work on 5.5.1?
Then, 5.6.0 will be around the corner with Nintendo's new account system, so let's just see what happens in a few months maybe.

We have to wait regardless. Once it's out, we need to wait for more Homebrew apps and emus. Maybe a way to get Wii U pro controllers work for vWii VC games aswell, stream 3DS to TV wirelessly with boot & IOSU exploits.
Hopefully new entrypoints will be found for 5.6.0, I'm so tempted to update to 5.6.0 for the new account system when that comes out, but also not missing out on Homebrew lol. Though nothing is known yet.
Also will it be 5.6.0 and not 6.0.0 maybe XD

Well, it's a major update so I'd say 6.0.0

Filzek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK
Your "NVRAM" is not even documented on the wiiubrew wiki, do you think they wouldn't document something that allows code excution from USB/HDD??? Also a google search reveals this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-volatile_random-access_memory showing that NVRAM has NOTHING to do with USB/HDD access! FYI most people call this "NVRAM" of yours NAND, and all games installed to the wii U (aka eShop games) have access to NVRAM (NAND) because they run from it XD. So MM is not even special in that way Kek...
Also a quick search on the wiki wil give you this: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/IOSU#IOS-USB the thing that actually controls the access to USB/external HDD Xd.

Next time you troll folks please check the wiki first XD

NVRAM is a shadow of real NAND memory, but with some changes

in Kernel space the syscheck for a IOSU are all symbols in the NVRAM, so, to let anything work in the system the symbol must be written in the NVRAM and not in the NAND.

Once a game need a special request, the ancast ARM will control the write to a NVRAM. This mean that the SYMBOL will CHANGE and so the way it work, for your information and everyone else they USB has not any LDR exec function, this mean nobody can run any code from it.

Why they cant change it EVEN being into KERNEL SPACE? Simple, because they do not know how to change the SYMBOL in the NVRAM, simple as this.

MarioMaker change the SYMBOLS in the NVRAM doing a remap, those changes are not in USB space, but how NVRAM allow things to be execute, so, hackers, crackers and devs can undestand how it lead to USB being replaced as to be SD space. MarioMaker is the 1st game that does a remap on NVRAM, so, if the NVRAM change and the ANCAST doesnt return an error, DEVS can now patch NVRAM the same way MarioMaker does.

This is the deal. Capicce again dude?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo