Hacking LAST WARNING: haxchi your WiiU or regret it forever

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And about "NNU patcher" (via browserhax), are we positive that Nintendo can't make some server-side modifications to make it stop working? They just need to add another check or change the way the servers check the firmware.

As for all the optimism, "update with no fear, nature will find a way" is an advice hardly spoken about any scene in the history of things. Nobody can be sure about if and when. Moreover there could be personal factors that prevent further exploits from becoming public. You can't predict that.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And about "NNU patcher" (via browserhax), are we positive that Nintendo can't make some server-side modifications to make it stop working? They just need to add another check or change the way the servers check the firmware.
yes I'm sure they won't do something like this, especially given how late it is in the Wii U's lifespan. they've barely(if ever) done this on the 3DS as well. also with homebrew/iosuhax it could be bypassed anyway, since you have control over the entire system.

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, so we're pretty much covered.

The last bit left of "regret" would be having to resort to game disc update (Color Splash? Pokkén?) to get to 5.5.1 from older firmwares.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haxchi doesn't seem necessary to me, I have my exploits hosted locally from an android phone. Is it just so we can use a ds game to load the hacks?

CoinKillerL

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just found out about the 11.3 update for the 3ds.
Good thing the 3ds (if it's below 11.3) can be hacked with an offline entry point (soundhax).

That's not true for haxchi on the WiiU. To use haxchi (or the even more handy CBHC) you need to be able to BUY (if you heard about the latest user who bricked, you'll know why I put it in caps for good measure) a suitable DS game off the eShop. To access the eShop, you need to be on the lastest firmware (EDIT: except if there's a working workaround like "NNU patcher" after the hypothetical new firmware is out). If a firmware above the current (5.5.1) comes out in the coming weeks, you're screwed.

Now, before 11.3, we could just assume Nintendo would let go last gen consoles and not bother to patch holes.

But now, there's a strong mild cyclical indication the WiiU could be the next in line after the 3DS. EDIT: THE INDICATION BEING THE 3DS BEING UPDATED WITH SPECIFIC PATCHES TO THWART HACKING, AS A SYMPTOM OF NINTENDO'S CURRENT ATTITUDE, NO REAL SOURCES OR RUMORS, THIS IS 100% PURE UNADULTERATED SPECULATION

Be safe and haxchi your Wii U today, then set up the DNS to block upadtes (or disable networking altogether if you don't play online).
Nintendo says wii u software deveploment is finished

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I kinda see where OP is coming from, I mean, Nintendo might try to profit as much as possible from players so maybe they'll release a new update by the time BotW releases trying to force people to upgrade if they want to play BotW. I could see them thinking that people with a WiiU might not want to buy the Switch right away just for BotW but might buy it for the WiiU... I don't know, that's just what I think might happen

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I buy a game from the eshop with a PAL Wii u? Do I just buy a Nintendo fund card from amazon.co.uk?

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, what's the account of your wii u? When you want to buy a game, you have to create an account. You select a country.
What's that country you have selected?
It wouldn't show up a USA country but which country should I pick for the cheapest bang? Its still formatted like brand new

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It wouldn't show up a USA country but which country should I pick for the cheapest bang? Its still formatted like brand new
I recommend you to select UK, because if you select France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc
You will not have the eShop in English, but in the language of the country.

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you to select UK, because if you select France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc
You will not have the eShop in English, but in the language of the country.
Well I can read Spanish too but are the rates for games any cheaper for different PAL countries? Also if I pick the Spanish country region for example, will it affect the UI language too? And if so, can that be changed under system settings?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1