Hacking LAST WARNING: haxchi your WiiU or regret it forever

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I can read Spanish too but are the rates for games any cheaper for different PAL countries? Also if I pick the Spanish country region for example, will it affect the UI language too? And if so, can that be changed under system settings?
If you select spanish, you will only have spanish language in the eShop. The language of the Wii U is not affected.
Try to find the cheapest eShop card on the Internet. Don't forget to use a converter to convert € to $ and £ to $ to compare... To be honest, i don't know what's the cheapest between € and £ (maybe £ because of the Brexit??).
All prices in € are the same in all countries that have € if i remember correctly.

Last edited by RealityNinja,

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you select spanish, you will only have spanish language in the eShop. The language of the Wii U is not affected.
Try to find the cheapest eShop card on the Internet. Don't forget to use a converter to convert € to $ and £ to $ to compare... To be honest, i don't know what's the cheapest between € and £ (maybe £ because of the Brexit??).
All prices in € are the same in all countries that have € if i remember correctly.
Thanks. Good to know. I'll try it for UK account then when I get home. Also just thought i would ask if you currently know which title/game from the compatible list is the cheapest at the moment?

Reactions: RealityNinja

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, apart from the fact that it may or may not happen (regardless of how likely or unlikely it is), what is the best way to "future proof" your WiiU?

For example, I currently use Loadiine+DNS to block updates. (And, as I only have one outlet in my living room set on a timer, it's always off/unplugged when not in use.) Do I have a need to install Haxchi?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all those complaining wheres your proof and ridiculing this guy, are just pond scum at the least!
Its a utter shame someone cannot just say thanks for the info without trying to ridicule and tear someone down....
And you are equally as scummy for not listening to me about the lizard people poisoning our water supply, burning our crops, and delivering a plague on to our houses.

It's a shame you cannot say thanks for giving you fair warning without trying to be ridiculed.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U hasn't been updated since January or Feb of 2016, if anything there could be a final update towards Breath of Wild, but not b/c of a 3DS fw
3DS patches are only scary when released give it a few days and it becomes a joke to those with cfw. The only thing 11.3 did to cfw users was lockout HBL oh and soundhax i dont care much of that anyway, but thats fixed now thanks to luma and smea
now ppl can stop making threads panicking about not updating to 11.3 under cfw

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: DarthDub
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also just thought i would ask if you currently know which title/game from the compatible list is the cheapest at the moment?

For Haxchi? I'm fairly sure Brain Age/Training is free for European regions; although there's been some mixed messages about that. I know for sure that it's free in the Australian eShop. In any case, it's worth taking a minute or two to check.

It's worth noting that it still has a price listed on it, but for me the shop acted like I had already bought it. Just go through the whole process - if you don't have a payment method linked, there's nothing to lose.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pfft :

Wii last update was on June 2010 , 2 years before Wii U

Wii was one of the best selling consoles of Nintendo and a console with a big success , so if they launched the last update 2 years before Wii U on one of the biggest Nintendo success , its obvious they will not care about Wii U , that was a failure .
Wii U is dead already , they stopped their production , BOTW will be the last 1st party game , Wii U is not anymore on Nintendo website .
Its obvious they are more busy with Switch and they only care for 3DS because it was succesful . If they released an update for 3DS , its because they still care for the 3DS. Wii U last update was 1 year ago and Switch is in less than a month launched worldwide , you can already expect 5.5.1 being the last update.

And even if they launch 5.5.2 / 5.6.0 / 5.whatver , in the end , that could also be the last update and still , hackers will get over the new firmware and will be 5.5.1 again , so if they launch an update or not , Wii U is still gonna be hackable.

Reactions: DarthDub

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't really use the 3ds updating to tie into speculation that the Wii U will soon also update. Considering the 3ds is still in production while the Wii U is essentially dead (BOTW is basically the last game officially releasing on it). If we don't see an update by March 3rd (in time for BOTW), then I'm going to assume Ninty has completely given up on the Wii U and has dropped it. IMO they probably completely dropped the console because it's simply a failure, and they want more work to be done securing the Switch rather than repairing the already-dropped Wii U.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, apart from the fact that it may or may not happen (regardless of how likely or unlikely it is), what is the best way to "future proof" your WiiU?

For example, I currently use Loadiine+DNS to block updates. (And, as I only have one outlet in my living room set on a timer, it's always off/unplugged when not in use.) Do I have a need to install Haxchi?
The answer is to legitimately buy one of the DS games from eshop NOW if you have not done so yet. THEN block the update servers. That's what the OP was trying to say. If you already have one of those games (whether or not you have installed haxchii) then you have 0% need to worry (vice 5% worry that an update will come with BotW) if you don't buy one of those games now).

Reactions: Windaga

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
EA and multiple production studios have already sent back their Wii U Dev kits. The Wii U is dead in the water. They aren't going to compete with this old console vs. the new console.

If the Wii U ever gets an update, it must be something major. It stopped being produced, and that is a sign of EOL. It's very uncommon for a last gen console to being stopped produced before the new one is released. Wasn't it like 2 years of PS3 before they stopped producing it after the launch of the PS4?

The 3DS on the other hands is selling still like butter and third party demand Nintendo fix their system. It's only rationell since they pay a fee to Nintendo. And that ONLY game left on the Wii U is going to released in 3 weeks time, and that have an update? Why? They would just waste money and resources on a deadfish.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How DARE you try to help warn people!..

You already know every person on gbatemp is psychic and knows with 100% certainty that there will not be an update that comes along with the nintendo's prized Zelda release!.. I mean, they've only been working on it really hard for years and years.. It probably means nothing to them!..
And some how these same people know that even if there is an update, it will be cracked in 1 nanosecond after being released (and totally not a few months), because those same psychic powers allow them to know in advance exactly which patches nintendo will apply, and exactly which changes nintendo will make to their servers and to the eshop!!.. You know these hacking devs are so perfect that it only took them a few days to hack the wii-u after it was officially released! (....or was it a few years? I can't quite remember now..)

So quit wasting our time by speculating about crazy things that can't even possibly happen in our current time-space dimension reality!.. Geez, what is WRONG with you?!?..

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
How DARE you try to help warn people!..

You already know every person on gbatemp is psychic and knows with 100% certainty that there will not be an update that comes along with the nintendo's prized Zelda release!.. I mean, they've only been working on it really hard for years and years.. It probably means nothing to them!..
And some how these same people know that even if there is an update, it will be cracked in 1 nanosecond after being released (and totally not a few months), because those same psychic powers allow them to know in advance exactly which patches nintendo will apply, and exactly which changes nintendo will make to their servers and to the eshop!!.. You know these hacking devs are so perfect that it only took them a few days to hack the wii-u after it was officially released! (....or was it a few years? I can't quite remember now..)

So quit wasting our time by speculating about crazy things that can't even possibly happen in our current time-space dimension reality!.. Geez, what is WRONG with you?!?..

I don't expect psychics, I expect people who aren't stupid enough to install an update.

You can install a haxchi title from the eShop on 5.5.1 even if 5.5.1 is not the latest!

NNU Patcher may not currently work on 5.5.1, but it'll be ported if it's needed. If nobody else does, I'll try it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2