Hacking LAST WARNING: haxchi your WiiU or regret it forever

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't expect psychics, I expect people who aren't stupid enough to install an update.

You can install a haxchi title from the eShop on 5.5.1 even if 5.5.1 is not the latest!

NNU Patcher may not currently work on 5.5.1, but it'll be ported if it's needed. If nobody else does, I'll try it myself.

You still cannot guarantee that Nintendo won't make server-side changes to prevent NNU Patcher (in any shape or form) from working ever again.

And actually some people in the thread are ok even with updating to "5.5.2" because "nature will find a way", you just called them stupid.

Last edited by GBA rocks,

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
To be honest I don't think it's worth to buy a crappy DS game on Wii U, even it's just a few bucks. If it works on a pirate Brazilian method installed game, I'll give it a try. but otherwise I'm fine with browser exploit. Yes I'm that cheap.

Reactions: naddel81

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I don't think it's worth to buy a crappy DS game on Wii U, even it's just a few bucks. If it works on a pirate Brazilian method installed game, I'll give it a try. but otherwise I'm fine with browser exploit. Yes I'm that cheap.
Well if you can see pass the $5 payment you'd be doing yourself a huge favor
Its very much worth it if for some reason you dont have internet access not to mention we can now power boot into CFW mode thanx to Coldboot haxchi. It saves time having to go to the browser.
And who knows how long the browser exploit will be up

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: can't spell

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Well if you can see pass the $5 payment you'd be doing yourself a huge favor
Its very much worth it if for some reason you dont have internet access not to mention we can now power boot into CFW mode thanx to Coldboot haxchi. It saves time having to go to the browser.
And who knows how long the browser exploit will be up
solution: self host.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
And actually some people in the thread are ok even with updating to "5.5.2" because "nature will find a way", you just called them stupid.

I did call them that, because they are. This is homebrew 101 - don't install updates until they're hacked.

I don't see what Nintendo could do to break NNU Patcher that also couldn't be worked around given time.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Got it for free, so I didn't mind it at all ;)

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have haxchi installed over my dr. kawashima game. but without it I would have to launch homebrew channel through the browser. not a big hassle!

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
For Haxchi? I'm fairly sure Brain Age/Training is free for European regions; although there's been some mixed messages about that. I know for sure that it's free in the Australian eShop. In any case, it's worth taking a minute or two to check.

It's worth noting that it still has a price listed on it, but for me the shop acted like I had already bought it. Just go through the whole process - if you don't have a payment method linked, there's nothing to lose.

When did you do this and does it have to be on the Wii u itself? I just tried through web browser on the iPad, got the you do not have sufficient funds error on the uk one.

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the you do not have sufficient funds error on the uk one.
Not sure how true this is, but this is a quote from a FAQ some one else posted in an other thread:
Q: I heard that Brain Training (or Brain Age) can be downloaded for free. Is this true?
A: Yes, but only if your NNID was registered before June 2014

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
According to Google the game was also free for everyone (in Europe) from June 12 to July 10 in 2014.

I registered my NNID in early December 2013 and bought the game in late January 2017, had to pay for it.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't they? haven't you see what they did to every exploitable 3DS games?

That was just a few, for the DS VC, they have to pull EVERYTHING, because EVERY game has the exploit because it's in the DS VC.
Legit people who has no intention nor even know the hack Wii U, will complain to Nintendo.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That was just a few, for the DS VC, they have to pull EVERYTHING, because EVERY game has the exploit because it's in the DS VC.
Legit people who has no intention nor even know the hack Wii U, will complain to Nintendo.
I'm pretty sure there're legit people who actually bought those exploitable 3DS games.

Anyway, you actually supported my point against OP.

GBA rocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's be real (and here I'm undermining my thread a bit), if the WiiU was a crazy successful console in terms of third party software, or in its first months on the market, they'd probably pull the games even if it meant removing every DS game (and then re-release them). Otherwise third party devs would ask for Nintendo's head on a plate.

Now, it's just messing with actual Virtual Console customers.

Reading stuff like this

http://kotaku.com/denuvo-explains-why-doom-dropped-their-anti-piracy-tech-1790192362

it looks like this kind of "initial window" mindset isn't that weird or uncommon.

Still, better be safe than sorry if it just takes a couple of €/$.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi