Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Following one of the biggest launches in consumer electronics history, Kinect for Xbox 360 continued its momentum in 2011, reaching 10 million Kinect sensors sold worldwide to date. Not only were sensor sales an overwhelming success, but Kinect drove significant game sales with more than 10 million standalone Kinect games sold worldwide to date.

In a nod to the recent sales success of Kinect, Guinness World Records has officially named Kinect for Xbox 360 the fastest-selling consumer electronics device, which sold an average of 133,333 units per day for a total of eight million units in its first 60 days between November 4, 2010 and January 3, 2011. The record confirmation comes just after the latest release of the Guinness World Records 2011 Gameris Edition, which features dedicated sections to Kinect.

"The sales figures here speak for themselves," said Gaz Deaves, Gaming Editor for Guinness World Records. "According to independent research, no other consumer electronics device sold faster within a 60-day time span, which is an incredible achievement considering the strength of the sector."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Press/archive/20...Million-Kinects

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have Kinect , and i don't even use it ._.
the motion sensor isn't that great , and i feel that the only games that you can enjoy are the simple ones that don't require too many gestures . so something as simple as a jump or kick would be good , but using handmotions and specific leg movements just confuses the user [eg. DECA Sports]

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything really supporting it? Typically when a peripheral like this was delivered on a Nintendo platform, it always failed from lack of developer support. There were maybe three or five games that ever used the NES light gun? Maybe one that used the gun for the SNES? Power pad, robot, Gameboy printer, card reader, drums, etc and the list goes on.

It's amazing Kinect is selling so many units but to what end? It seems late in the 360 life cycle to be doing this. Then you have a lot of pissed off gamers when the 360.2 comes out and it's either incompatible or they release the Kintect 2 right off.

Z

Zorua

I have a Kinect but I hardly use it. It's mainly because the games get repetitive quickly.

D

Deleted_171835

The Kinect is a great device if not for usage for videogames.
The wide variety of hacks that can be done with Kinect make this worth purchasing. There is home automation, Kinect aiding robotic surgery, the ability to turn you into a MIDI controller and a Kinect keyboard emulator.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Lawl cheap copies of Wii are selling better than Wii itself?

I still think that it is a damn stupid copy of Wii and Wiimote, but hey if its selling well then GJ Microsoft.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
unsure.gif
Kinect doesn't have a good game library but it sold over 10 million units? Did anyone EVER read the reviews? It does work like in the ad's but most games suck...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theraima said:
Lawl cheap copies of Wii are selling better than Wii itself?

I still think that it is a damn stupid copy of Wii and Wiimote, but hey if its selling well then GJ Microsoft.

Outside of the fact that the tech is completely different.

QUOTE(Zorua @ Mar 11 2011, 11:43 AM) I have a Kinect but I hardly use it. It's mainly because the games get repetitive quickly.

I have the feeling that this is the case with a lot of people. They got it, it was a fun novelty for a while, but there's not much to keep it going. I haven't really seen or heard anything about it since launch. Have there like actually been any noteworthy games for it since launch? There's some stuff announced but it doesn't even look great. Even the hardcore stuff seems like it'd just do better with a controller.

floydo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How can this technology be doing so well? It feels like a cheap gimmick to me, with no quality software and no practical gaming uses, I mean who is actually going to play serious games with this device? Until I see some good titles, I will remain disappointed with my kinect.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
floydo said:
How can this technology be doing so well? It feels like a cheap gimmick to me, with no quality software and no practical gaming uses, I mean who is actually going to play serious games with this device? Until I see some good titles, I will remain disappointed with my kinect.
Maybe because people bought it, expecting to much?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Guild McCommunist said:
Zorua said:
I have a Kinect but I hardly use it. It's mainly because the games get repetitive quickly.

I have the feeling that this is the case with a lot of people. They got it, it was a fun novelty for a while, but there's not much to keep it going.

It's just like the Wii. You get it, you play some stuff while standing up and swinging the Wiimote around.
Then a while after that you find yourself lying in your ass barely flicking the remote.

Videogames are meant to be played while sitting, with no much physical effort. However, being a new gimmick, it sold well and then bored people. Just as it will happen with 3D in the 3DS.

floydo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
floydo said:
Maybe because people bought it, expecting to much?

or received it as a gift. It was just the exciting new toy around Christmas that families thought all teenage boys wanted. =S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.