1. 8,431

Front-page
    nxyormi.png

Nintendo has revealed its latest sales data in its scheduled quarterly earnings release. The data reports information as of September 30th, and brings the total sales amount of the Nintendo Switch to 68.3 million units sold. Previously, the Nintendo Switch surpassed the 61.91 million sales record of the Nintendo Entertainment System, and with this new data, we can see the system is on track to likely beat the sales of the Nintendo 3DS family of handhelds, which is sitting at 75.94 million systems sold.

In this report, Nintendo has also adjusted its predicted sales of Nintendo Switch consoles for the fiscal year, having originally forecasted 19 million units, increasing the total to 24 million units. The fiscal report also reveals previously unknown sales data for Super Mario 3D All Stars, which released during this period; the game managed to reach 5.21 million sales in a matter of 12 days. Additionally, Animal Crossing: New Horizons continues its streak, as it now sits at 26 million, the second best-selling Nintendo Switch game behind Mario Kart 8: Deluxe.

:arrow: Source

2. Discussion (82 replies)

3. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    Deserved. It's an amazing console.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    That's nice I suppose. Don't think they'll come anywhere close to the DS line sales, but they're certainly going to surpass GBA before long, and probably Wii by the time they release a successor.

5. Andy2001

Andy2001 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Id say, no surprise there!

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  6. lordofcombo

lordofcombo Member
    Newcomer

Mauritania
    the more urgent question is this:
    why in the the hell nintendo or rockstar releases a GTA game ?
    is Nintendo shy of asking or these turds at Rockstar dont wanna commit?
    Why no price drop of the switch?
    cuz as soon as next gen hits ninty will hit bottom in sales.

7. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    While I do believe it's time for a price drop, it is unlikely that we'll see one. With numbers like these, Nintendo will keep riding the 299 train and the whole 'hybrid' gimmick fills a niche in the market that no one is competing with them for.

felix.200, 2Hack, Red771 and 3 others like this.
  8. tfocosta

tfocosta GBAtemp Z-Warrior

Canada
    The console itself is amazing and has a good library of exclusive titles, so it was already expected that sales would be great. Not only that, but their figures went up like crazy during the first lockdown. And will probably increase again with all the uncertainty and possible new lockdowns. :D

Last edited by tfocosta, Nov 5, 2020
    PoiRan and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  9. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Gbatemp’s official Scott pilgrim fanatic ™

United States
    Damn, this thing is selling like hotcakes

eyeliner likes this.
  10. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    Cool or something, but like um, drift and no themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!

Last edited by banjo2, Nov 5, 2020
    felix.200, Red771, Mr. Looigi and 5 others like this.
  11. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    (Insert stability joke here)

Red771, Mr. Looigi, Sono and 2 others like this.
  12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    just guessing rockstar doesnt think gta would sell well on the switch, that and the switch is arm, dont know how much experience they have codding for arm.

for a gtaV port they would port the ps3/xbox360 version i guess with some addons, and codding from ppc to arm probably takes time and knowledge and their understanding of switch user is that they will already have gta on pc or other console i guess.

but yeah a gtaV port to play on the go would sell preety well imo but hey its rockstar the same company that released gtaV on 3 diferent generation of consoles.

13. luigirockz

luigirockz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Congrats to Nintendo. Now bring more games please. It's gonna be awhile until Mario Kart 9 /:

14. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    If Mario kart 8 deluxe stops selling

luigirockz likes this.
  15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    pretty sure mario kart 9 will only be next gen imo they just ridding mario kart 8 sales, that and they made that mario kart live circuit just to say the switch had an exclusive mario kart game , meh.

16. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm surprised they don't port the older GTA games, even if the Switch hardware can't handle GTA IV - V. My sad feeling is they would likely use the Android ports however. The homebrew port of GTA III is amazing though, and Vice City is coming along nicely.

17. luigirockz

luigirockz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If my Math is correct, Wii U and Switch Sales have just eclipsed Mario Kart Wii. Switch is probably gonna do it on it's own, so yeah it's not stopping anytime soon

@pedro702 You right, did they make Live so it's something, I wish it was cheaper to do multi

Last edited by luigirockz, Nov 5, 2020
    jeannotte and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    gta 4 and 5 were on xbox360/ps3... the switch can handle them just fine lol, might not make them a full remaster and be only a little better, but for sure the switch can handle them just fine.

mathew77 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  19. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Still waiting for a reasonable price or better CFW options. Idk in your country but in europe it still at the 320/330 € (In current conversion rate that is around 380 USD, but luckily that is post taxes final price) launch date price almost three years after.

And no, the hardware revision should not mean anything to the price. And no, I don't want the lite.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Nov 5, 2020
  20. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu vanCFW tester

United States
    imo they should just oc the switch as high as it will go. if they dont want to oc fine. then again its been shown the benefits of overclocking are huge at times. anyways there should be a home only switch. My only real gripe is being able to customize the switch more.Also yeah, joy con drift but that is VERY easy to fix if you have the right tools

21. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    I can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed. Nintendos most basic software, mixed with a below average selection of games is doing well? K

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Nintendo, million