Hacking Just got my Sky3DS ! Pic inside

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Simply lead isn't there for a random reason.... it's the best thing they found to reduce the melting point.
Lead-free solder tries to replace lead with other metals, and that of course affects the quality.

Wikipedia said:
Lead-free solder has a higher Young's modulus than lead-based solder, making it more susceptible when deforming applied. When the PCB on which the electronic components are mounted is subject to bending stress due to warping, the solder joint deteriorates and fractures can appear. This effect is called solder cracking.[12] Another fault is Kirkendall voids which are microscopic cavities in solder. When two different types of metal that are in contact are heated, dispersion occurs (see also Kirkendall effect). Repeated thermal cycling cause the formation of voids which tends to cause solder cracks. Lead-free solder can cause short life cycles of products, as well as planned obsolescence.[12]

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Plz, can we just talk about Sky3DS ?
.....lol it was your review on the MT card that led to excessive talks about its solder quality wasn't it :rofl2: maybe you should start doing reviews on solder types and soldering methods

anyways have you tried any pressure on the card in various places to see if you can get the card to read, and also did you test it before you cracked the case open?

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EmuNAND on MT-Card is limited to 7.x system.
RomAnOCrY doesn't have Gateway card to access to 9.x firmware...

RomAnOCrY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll try on 7.x EmuNand classic mode.
edit:

So,
-EmuNAND Classic Mode (MT-CARD), it's work like i was in 4.5 .
-EmuNAND for launching MT-CARD --> no working.

Can i Use an EmuNAND 9.2.0 (Gateway launcher.dat) ?

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aw man, I do hope its not your own device, that'd be a pain.
Anyhow - looking forward to your findings and review!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Why is it all in lower-case?