Hacking Just got my Sky3DS ! Pic inside

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually it should be, laws be damned. If they'd used lead based solder in the 360 it might not have been the most unreliable console in history.
I don't think it was even proven that lead in the solder was dangerous to the environment.
I bet some social justice warrior created the law and solder factories gladly accepted having a new product to sell.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
You can't. You opened it and thus far broke the seal from being brand new.
What seal? AFAIK the original 3DS, the 3DS XL, and the 2DS all use a carboard box as their packaging without any tape or stickers or seals. You can open one brand new, play around with the unit and if you put it back together neatly no one will notice its been tampered with. Not that I condone returning opened units...

D

Deleted-355425

they didnt fail because they were lead free, what do you think is in the playstation? it was just a very cheap job carried out.

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
What seal? AFAIK the original 3DS, the 3DS XL, and the 2DS all use a carboard box as their packaging without any tape or stickers or seals. You can open one brand new, play around with the unit and if you put it back together neatly no one will notice its been tampered with. Not that I condone returning opened units...

For germany, there is a round translucent sticker at the edge, to prevent just that.

dobbrunz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
all units and every retailer
Ah no thats wrong...
I bought mine in "regensburg"(City near munich) in a retail store, it was a german package and had just a simple transparent tape you could just put on another tape and nobody would notice
Additionally a friend ordered one from amazon that did not have any opening protection at all

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the ones in the UK have the seal....but its nothing special the if you just removed the whole thing most people wouldn't even know it was there to begin with, its not like a seal seal its most likly just to make sure it doesn't open and the 3ds falls out

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah no thats wrong...
I bought mine in "regensburg"(City near munich) in a retail store, it was a german package and had just a simple transparent tape you could just put on another tape and nobody would notice
Additionally a friend ordered one from amazon that did not have any opening protection at all

but it still had the tape. and i wouldnt necessarily call amazon a retailer

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
they didnt fail because they were lead free, what do you think is in the playstation? it was just a very cheap job carried out.

they did fail because of lead free as it made the solder weak & crack under high temps which was the main cause for RROD & YLOD . as for the playstation it suffered from crappy laser & this had nothing to do with lead or solder.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If you have gateway and a hard mod like I do I could flash to any requested firmware for testing purposes by rom updating emunand then injecting into the system nand.

I be willing to give a full report if someone wants to lend me a card

RomAnOCrY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just receive an anwser from sky3ds team:
No, it works on any firmware version! We tested it, it works just fine on V4.5 and even V2.0! You better try it on another console anyway!
Seams i have a defective card :(

D

Deleted-355425

they did fail because of lead free as it made the solder weak & crack under high temps which was the main cause for RROD & YLOD . as for the playstation it suffered from crappy laser & this had nothing to do with lead or solder.

WRONG , Lead free solder has a higher melting point then lead solder and the only reason it would fail is because of the quality of the solder and then flowed result. If it wasn't flowed correctly you get a cold solder joint, hence getting the xbox's board getting really hot (people using hair driers/wrapping it up to make heat) to fix it is just replicating a PCB oven and REFLOWING the solder joint better then it was and making a better contact thus fixing it although this is hit and miss. In all of your electronics you have lead free solder, LEAD FREE same as the xbox... your argument states because lead free gets hot it stops working, well nothing else in your home does that when it gets hot.

Heres some advice, cheap and incorrectly flowed lead solder will give the same effects as incorrectly flowed and cheap lead free solder, the revised xbox still uses lead free, they didn't magically switch back to lead and it saved then day. You cant argue with me on this i actually build the damn things daily LOL

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WRONG , Lead free solder has a higher melting point then lead solder and the only reason it would fail is because of the quality of the solder and then flowed result. If it wasn't flowed correctly you get a cold solder joint, hence getting the xbox's board getting really hot (people using hair driers/wrapping it up to make heat) to fix it is just replicating a PCB oven and REFLOWING the solder joint better then it was and making a better contact thus fixing it although this is hit and miss. In all of your electronics you have lead free solder, LEAD FREE same as the xbox... your argument states because lead free gets hot it stops working, well nothing else in your home does that when it gets hot.

But isn't lead free solder made of alloys that melt at different temperatures?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Scratch n sniff +1