Trophies
XP
Country

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they did fail because of lead free as it made the solder weak & crack under high temps which was the main cause for RROD & YLOD . as for the playstation it suffered from crappy laser & this had nothing to do with lead or solder.
Well, I know from second hand knowledge that Microsoft used memory with much less testing than usual on the 360 so they could have more units, and I've read the same thing about other components as well.

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This could clearly outsell the gateway in terms of costumers if there wasn´t that unbelievably unreasonable 10-total-different-games-per-Flashcard-limit

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This could clearly outsell the gateway in terms of costumers if there wasn´t that unbelievably unreasonable 10-total-different-games-per-Flashcard-limit
So, it has actually been confirmed that you can't switch the ROMs you put on it? hahaha, that kinda sucks. :D

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, it has actually been confirmed that you can't switch the ROMs you put on it? hahaha, that kinda sucks. :D
Well... according to the website there isn´t much to confirm:
Sky3DS Features:

• * Plug & Play, easy to use, Multi-rom support.
  • * Support any 3DS system version(including the newest V9.2.0-20J).
  • * Support all New3DS/3DSLL, 3DS/XL, 2DS consoles(US,EU,JP).
  • * Support eShop and online game.
  • * Compatible with any MicroSD 2GB,4GB,8GB,16GB,32GB,64GB,128GB SDHC cards.
  • * Play up to ten 3DS games maximum per Sky3ds card (any game but 10 in total only).

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone in another thread suggested what if you were to inject a header into a rom not whitelisted by the card , a header from one of the games whitelisted by the card injected into a rom from a different game? can you try it and see if this will work?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
someone in another thread suggested what if you were to inject a header into a rom not whitelisted by the card , a header from one of the games whitelisted by the card injected into a rom from a different game? can you try it and see if this will work?
that would break the signatures, this card can't run edited roms

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Talk about a trojan horse - if the games are 'locked' by that header, it may just work.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
seems unlikely, as a limitation like that being in a final product is nothing but intention to sell more cards, if it was just dodged by interchanging header (which most of us allready do due to 3dz-roms, anways), they probably would have thought of another measure to stop it

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you can't just edit roms without breaking the signatures of the rom, gateway can do it as it disabled signature checks....but this card will almost certainly not work like that.....not to mention im pretty sure the roms have to be in their own whitelist to be installed (not sure if you could manually add a edited rom into this list)....but if you do you will more than likely just be locking a non functional rom into the cards 10 game slot anyway

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you wipe the memory on the card to replace it with another 10? Or thats it, just those same 10 games.
Just those 10 games for now.

Though there are people looking into how and why - so I suspect its merely a matter of time.

Aman27deep

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
India
I suspect It's just a matter of time until It's blocked, but we shall see.

I also believe it will get blocked. But I'm just hoping it gets blocked after the new 3ds xl is launched. I want the newer 3ds. It's way better than the old one. ^^

Don't care about online play. Can stay on 9.0 forever if I have to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1