matice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello! sorry if my English is not very good, I'm Italian
After reading about Loadiine I've decided to buy a Wii U. I got one from a friend of mine who just used it to play Bayonetta 2. So the console has 4.1.0E firmware on it.

I want to be able to play backups with loadiine so I bought Mario Party 10 which will let me update to 5.3.2 if I'm correct. But reading the hacking guide here I understand that if you have 4.1.0 it's better to stay on this firmware. is this correct? is Loadiine coming to 4.1.0 soon? will another hack to play backups be available for 4.1.0 soon?

moreover I've just read that with the new loadiine version super smash bros U is not need anymore. is it correct?
thanks for helping :D

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
loaddine smash mode has more compat than loaddine miimaker mode, so yeah its not needed but some games only work on smash mode due to having some checks.

Its very unlikely anyone will ever port loadiine backwards your better off updating to 5.3.2 with a game, dont wait for 4.1.0 support becuase it might not ever happen lol.

Last edited by pedro702,

matice

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its very unlikely anyone will ever port loadiine backwards your better off updating to 5.3.2 with a game, dont wait for 4.1.0 support becuase it might not ever happen lol.

ok
the guide tells to stay at 4.1.0 so I thought that playing backups at 4.1.0 was coming very soon.. if it's not going to happen than ok. Mario party 10 will do the trick

however I think it should be useful to try loadiine with different firmwares... maybe there could be an increased compatibility.. sorry if what I'm saying is stupid :D

Last edited by matice,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well what your saying doesnt make sence becuase fw doesnt affect compat all in all lower fws have less compatibility becuase you gues dont have some librarys that were created like amiibos and such, loadiine devs dimok and golden have no plans to backport loadiine backwards they only have plans to port it foward as soon as a new exploit is released.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're supposedly working on an IOSU Exploit and emuNAND. I'd give it 6 months, but that's only my guess using my magic crystal ball.
CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmileyMagic.gif

If you want to wait that long, possibly shorter, possibly longer, then stay on 4.1.0, but don't expect things to be ported down to it. If you want to play games now, update to 5.3.2 and use Loadiine and the other cool hacks.

As far as what you can do on 4.1.0 right now.. the Kernel Exploit, TCP Gecko (unsure), Cafiine, and GC-to-Vpad all work for it. So (maybe) cheats and (definitely) file replacement for your disc games.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They're supposedly working on an IOSU Exploit and emuNAND. I'd give it 6 months, but that's only my guess using my magic crystal ball.
CrystalBallFortuneTellerSmileyMagic.gif

If you want to wait that long, possibly shorter, possibly longer, then stay on 4.1.0, but don't expect things to be ported down to it. If you want to play games now, update to 5.3.2 and use Loadiine and the other cool hacks.

As far as what you can do on 4.1.0 right now.. I think the Kernel Exploit, TCP Gecko, Cafiine, and GC-to-Vpad all work for it. So cheats and file replacement for your disc games.
nope they dont maybe tcpgecko afaik both cafiine and even gc to vpad have hardcoded adresses which are diferent on each FW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated