Hacking Is your R4 stuck on "Loading..."?

cb9983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys great info in this thread and thank you, but i still have a question.

I have just got an r4 clone and was wondering if there is a way to get the newest r4 ysmenu to work on clone r4s? I have an r4 III upgrade sdhc which uses firmware v3.12 from r4dsl . Anyone know if there is a way to get alternate firmware to work on this card for newer game compatibility bc the firmware on that site is sheit!

Whenever i try the newest ysmenu from 12/26/09 i think it just sticks at the loading screen . Am i screwed and stuck waiting for the makers of this clone to make new firmware so i can play the newest releases. Dying to play the new zelda among other newer games that just are not working patched or unpatched on this card.Does anyone know what i can do to get this crappy clone working better ...... at least it uses sdhc media .(Trying to be positive XD)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
cb9983 said:

I have just got an r4 clone and was wondering if there is a way to get the newest r4 ysmenu to work on clone r4s? I have an r4 III upgrade sdhc which uses firmware v3.12 from r4dsl . Anyone know if there is a way to get alternate firmware to work on this card for newer game compatibility bc the firmware on that site is sheit!

Whenever i try the newest ysmenu from 12/26/09 i think it just sticks at the loading screen . Am i screwed and stuck waiting for the makers of this clone to make new firmware so i can play the newest releases. Dying to play the new zelda among other newer games that just are not working patched or unpatched on this card.Does anyone know what i can do to get this crappy clone working better ...... at least it uses sdhc media .(Trying to be positive XD)

How are you building your YSMenu, manually or using an app like R4YSauto?

cb9983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
cb9983 said:

How are you building your YSMenu, manually or using an app like R4YSauto?

I actually used a pre-built one but im gonna try to make my own build tonight but i figured id ask anyways , i was gonna use the tutorial thread for how to build ysmenu for r4 and clones . It doesn't list mine on the list for which clones will not work with the custom firmware , but i was wondering if maybe the r4-III upgrade sdhc is based on another flash carts firmware . It made mention in that thread about certain r4 clones firmware being based on other cards firmwares.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
cb9983 said:
I actually used a pre-built one but im gonna try to make my own build tonight but i figured id ask anyways , i was gonna use the tutorial thread for how to build ysmenu for r4 and clones . It doesn't list mine on the list for which clones will not work with the custom firmware , but i was wondering if maybe the r4-III upgrade sdhc is based on another flash carts firmware . It made mention in that thread about certain r4 clones firmware being based on other cards firmwares.

Using the pre-built version would explain why it didn't work. The real R4 used an encrypted firmware and pretty much all the clones use an unencrypted version, which is why it hangs on clones. The automation tools give you the choice of either encrypting it or keeping it unencrypted. Hmmm, not sure about the R4-III Upgrade to be honest. I know there's a few versions of the R4-III so it's hard to tell. No harm in trying though, worst that'll happen is that it won't boot.

cb9983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
cb9983 said:

Using the pre-built version would explain why it didn't work. The real R4 used an encrypted firmware and pretty much all the clones use an unencrypted version, which is why it hangs on clones. The automation tools give you the choice of either encrypting it or keeping it unencrypted. Hmmm, not sure about the R4-III Upgrade to be honest. I know there's a few versions of the R4-III so it's hard to tell. No harm in trying though, worst that'll happen is that it won't boot.

Thanks for the help i will try that bc i just try to build my own and that isnt working niether is R4YSAuto. So i wil go back and try again with that in mind . Man im starting to get frustrated that i cant get ysmenu to work for this card.

edit::: well i tried making ysmenu an alternate for moonshell and used that and the original firmware that came with the r4-III upgrade sdhc and it works . I can use either firmware and boot into ysmenu as needed . I havent tested any games yet in ysmenu but im hoping they work.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Cornboy said:
You can use AKAIO for R4 SDHc and R4 Ultra. It works. But i've only confirmed it with 1.41. You will need it everntually

It won't work with AKAIO 1.5, code has been put in to prevent it. And the new loaders for 1.5 won't work on 1.4.1 and below.

Squidleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to know that my R4 works perfectly fine.

I have a 2gig SD that has worked perfectly for me for a year or so. I recently got myself a 4gig card to use with it, so I copied my data over and it gives me the loading screen. Forever. Loading forever.

Any suggestions for me? Is the R4 not able to support 4gigs? (Ridiculous.) Will the R4 forever only respond to the first card I put in it?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Squidleet said:
I happen to know that my R4 works perfectly fine.

I have a 2gig SD that has worked perfectly for me for a year or so. I recently got myself a 4gig card to use with it, so I copied my data over and it gives me the loading screen. Forever. Loading forever.

Any suggestions for me? Is the R4 not able to support 4gigs? (Ridiculous.) Will the R4 forever only respond to the first card I put in it?

If it's an official R4 (not a clone) then the largest card you can use is 2 gig.

QUOTE(ozz3000 @ Mar 18 2010, 09:42 PM) I have a R4 deluxe and created a YSmenu and it still gives me a loading screen....

It might not be compatible with YSMenu. Not all clones are.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
lee714 said:
im on an orignal r4 and im using ysmenu and its stuck at the loading screen.

Are you sure it's an original R4 then and not just a good clone? Try building YSMenu as if it's a clone and see if that works.

cool209

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a r4i from r4ultra.com . It was great with the pre-installed games and kernel when I bought it. I updated the kernel yesterday and it doesn't work anymore . I can access to game screen , but it gets stuck after choosing the games , there is a screen with "loading...." and it turns red . I have no idea what to do . Plz help !!!

andysmok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just added a couple of games to my r4i-SDHC and now i cant get past the loding screen, its coming up with "system date error! Please check NDS system date"
any idea's?

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
for me i really dont know why my r4 is stuck on loading somethimes..
especially when i take it out the ds and insert it, i need to insert a lot of times until its perfectly working.
i dont know if its the 1GB micro sd(not sdhc) or the r4 itself.

but later i'm goin to the store and i hope i find an acekard
wink.gif

EDIT-Dammnit! I found an Acekard 2i but they said it doesnt work!!! like wtf?!
wtf.gif
wtf.gif

when I saw a video it works!!
sheesh good thing I GOT WOOD

and if you guys have the original r4, go get wood ds, it AWESOME!
it feels like and its like the acekard firmware
yay.gif

squithcrossland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My r4 has been stuck many times, and even I have resolved it many time but this time it's taking me more time to solve the problem . I think some of the mentioned thing over here will solve my problem to a good extent.

ShopFear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this a old thread, but I couldn't find another. I just received 3 R4 SDHC cards from R4-Usa.com I've tried several different kernels. Does ANYONE know which ones I'm supposed to use? PLEASE HELP, Yes I am a complete NOOB, I bought these for my children and they are freaking out wanting them to work. Thanks!!

Reactions: Saver175

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....