Homebrew Is my 3DS unable to downgrade?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MochaMilk
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,906
  • Replies Replies 25

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2015
Messages
602
Reaction score
324
Trophies
1
Age
29
Location
Your Fridge
XP
2,759
Country
United States
A friend bought me a 3DS so that we can play together.
I spent the entire day upgrading from 7.1 to 9.2.
Then I spent all night getting my EmuNAND to work...
I still needed to friend him, so I went to my friends list. It wouldn't work and kept booting me back to my EmuNAND. so then I asked about it here, and it worked, finally. It told me I'd have to update to use the feature, then it booted me back again after freezing.

I went to go do some chores, and without me knowing, an update prompt came up. Someone else pressed the "update" option and now the 3ds is stuck on 11.0... I can't access my EmuNAND at all.. I've even tried the different sites for loading Rxtools.

I saw online that the only way to downgrade is by hardmodding. I don't have the tools necessary and don't want to ruin anything.
Is there any other way at all?
I spent so much time on this, and we were really looking forward to playing together. I don't want to let him down...


Thanks in advance.
 
you can't downgrade from 11.0 yet, smea hasn't even come up with a hbl update for 11.0 yet afaik.. so you are stuck unless you get a harmod
 
Although somebody might be kind enough to pokegen the pokemon you need though.
 
i think he assumed you wanted to mod your save file to edit pokemon, although if you do want that i could do it and trade with you...
No no, I just wanted up update to 9.2, and get emuNAND so that I could play smash bros and zelda with my friends. We're long distance, so we cant do much together.
 
No no, I just wanted up update to 9.2, and get emuNAND so that I could play smash bros and zelda with my friends. We're long distance, so we cant do much together.
Currently your only option is hardmod, which could eventually be patched as well. Software exploits if any are available, may not be released for some time. Only time will tell.
 
Hardmode or buy the games. You're not able to downgrade in 11.0 yet, and won't be in a close future.
 
Why is it always someone else who screwed up on this site why does nobody ever admit they did it it's always my friend or my brother updated the system ect it's beyond a joke the amount of threads we get on here like this just bloody come out and admit you were a fool and fucked up instead of blaming someone else we all know you did it so why try hide the fact.
 
A friend bought me a 3DS so that we can play together.
I spent the entire day upgrading from 7.1 to 9.2.
Then I spent all night getting my EmuNAND to work...
I still needed to friend him, so I went to my friends list. It wouldn't work and kept booting me back to my EmuNAND. so then I asked about it here, and it worked, finally. It told me I'd have to update to use the feature, then it booted me back again after freezing.

I went to go do some chores, and without me knowing, an update prompt came up. Someone else pressed the "update" option and now the 3ds is stuck on 11.0... I can't access my EmuNAND at all.. I've even tried the different sites for loading Rxtools.

I saw online that the only way to downgrade is by hardmodding. I don't have the tools necessary and don't want to ruin anything.
Is there any other way at all?
I spent so much time on this, and we were really looking forward to playing together. I don't want to let him down...


Thanks in advance.

Yeah your kinda screwed until a new downgrade process is developed, and due to the new update fixing a lot of things that made it possible to downgrade it's going to be hard.
 
Why is it always someone else who screwed up on this site why does nobody ever admit they did it it's always my friend or my brother updated the system ect it's beyond a joke the amount of threads we get on here like this just bloody come out and admit you were a fool and fucked up instead of blaming someone else we all know you did it so why try hide the fact.
I didn't do it. I was doing laundry downstairs and left my 3ds on my bed. I came back and was told what happened. If I did it, then I would have just said that I accidentally made a mistake. But in this case, I didn't.

Not good to assume things of someone, just cause its what other people do.
 
Last edited by MochaMilk,
  • Like
Reactions: Friendsxix
Memchunkhax2.1 wasn't patched, and downgrading regular titles is possible (When a reliable method is out). You can't downgrade Native_Firm iirc unless there's an ARM9 exploit. Either sell that 3ds and get a new one, hardmod, or wait. You could be waiting a few months at least if you want to wait for a downgrade method.
 
Last edited by Psi-hate,
T
Memchunkhax2.1 wasn't patched, and downgrading regular titles is possible (When a reliable method is out). You can't downgrade Native_Firm iirc unless there's an ARM9 exploit. Either sell that 3ds and get a new one, hardmod, or wait. You could be waiting a few months at least if you want to wait for a downgradecent method.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try waiting a few months. if nothing comes out, I can always try buying games. The only real reason I'm trying to use EmuNAND is because I owned all of the games I've wanted before. (digitally) And my old 3DS is blocked (long story)
I just would hate to buy over 30 games again. ^^;
 
  • Like
Reactions: Psi-hate

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted