darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hiya,

I have owned a wii u for a year now. And in the process of obtaining one I sold my old wii including wii games and gamecube games. So I was wondering what the steps where that I need to undertake to play gamecube games via Vwii. I'm not really techsavy but I can follow clear instructions therefore I would love some help :3.

Greetings,

butlbj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya,

I have owned a wii u for a year now. And in the process of obtaining one I sold my old wii including wii games and gamecube games. So I was wondering what the steps where that I need to undertake to play gamecube games via Vwii. I'm not really techsavy but I can follow clear instructions therefore I would love some help :3.

Greetings,

The Wii used trimmed down GameCube hardware to accomplish GC playback. The Wii U does not have said hardware. Virtual emulation is at best unlikely and on a homebrew level, near, if not completely impossible.

Rusb

Trophies
XP
Country
1.- Have a WII exploitable game (Smash bros, Lego batman...)
2.- Install a Homebrew Loader
3.- Copy Nintendont in your sd card and profit (please, read the guide)

You don't need to install any IOS CIOS... And you can't play dvd games, you need it inside your pendrive/sdcard

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I seem to be unable to find how I go about installing homebrew channel on the vWii using one of those exploits ;x? Could you link me?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii used trimmed down GameCube hardware to accomplish GC playback. The Wii U does not have said hardware. Virtual emulation is at best unlikely and on a homebrew level, near, if not completely impossible.

Nintendont has near perfect GameCube compatibility on Wii U
facepalm.png

I own super smash bros brawl. But I can't even find a stand alone homebrew package, https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/ Only this << but that looks scary and it involves IOS and CIOS which were unneeded according to you?

You don't need any CIOS for GameCube games, just Wii games

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendont has nearly perfect compatibility of GameCube games on Wii U
facepalm.png

You don't need any CIOS for GameCube games, just Wii games

Not to be mean but that doesn't answer to what I asked in the slightest. I already knew that I didn't needed any CIOS or IOS thanks to an earlier reply, I was asking for a way to install homebrew channel as a standalone package not so scary looking with all those CIOS that are involved in the url I linked.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be mean but that doesn't answer to what I asked in the slightest. I already knew that I didn't needed any CIOS or IOS thanks to an earlier reply, I was asking for a way to install homebrew channel as a standalone package not so scary looking with all those CIOS that are involved in the url I linked.

Download hackmii installer (you just need bool.elf file). Place on root of sd card (2gb or less sd card only)
Run smash stack in SSBB (youtube it or google it)
will give you options to install some things. JUST INSTALL HOMEBREW CHANNEL

Edit: I searched it for you

1. Go to the stage builder, move any existing custom stages on Brawl to your SD card, and exit the stage builder. Smash Stack will not work if the console has any custom stages on it, even the three samples that come with a new file or the stages from the Smash Service.
  2. Connect the SD card to your computer and rename the "private" folder to "privateold" in the root of the SD card.
  3. Copy the "private" folder from the Smash Stack download to the root of the SD card.
  4. Grab hackmii installer boot.elf and put that in the root of the SD card.
  5. Insert the SD card into the Wii.
  6. Go back to the stage builder and the .elf file will load.

darklink801

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Download smash stack (you just need bool.elf file). Place on root of sd card (2gb or less sd card only)
Run smash stack in SSBB (youtube it or google it)
will give you options to install some things. JUST INSTALL HOMEBREW CHANNEL

You're the sweetest<3 Ty

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Adeka

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't blame him too much. It is after all his first post. Maybe next time he'll spend a little more time reading before answering questions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok