Hacking Feedback Hardware Does a USB GameCube Controller Work On vWii?

CourierTX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I wanted to play Paper Mario through the vWii’s VC, I have the WAD installed on USB Loader GX and I know either Classic Controller or GameCube controller is required. I don’t have either and the local gaming store I want to buy it from isn’t going to be stocked with them for a while. I’ve read that USB GameCube controllers worked on the Wii before and I wonder if it’ll work similarly on the vWii?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may be wrong but I don't think so. You could install the Wii U virtual console version though and possibly use hid to vpad to get the usb controller working. You could also play it with the Wii U game pad this way.

CourierTX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be wrong but I don't think so. You could install the Wii U virtual console version though and possibly use hid to vpad to get the usb controller working. You could also play it with the Wii U game pad this way.

Dang. That sucks. I mainly ask this question for ‘consistency:’ my emulated games are on the vWii. I’ll probably just bite the bullet until I’m able to get either a classic controller or GameCube Controller + Adapter.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic controllers will work, for Gamecube controllers you need the Gamecube to classic controller adapter from Mayflash. Other than that you could install fakemote, which allows the use of PS3 and PS4 controllers connected via USB, but this is still in very early development, so it's not very reliable yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol