Hacking I believe MM3D will require fw 9.2

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did a reverse image search on this picture and it has only ever been posted on GBAtemp. It doesn't show the firmware version or even anything about France. I'm not sure what you think this shows?

At least the system language is definitely not English. That's for sure.
(And it isn't German, to get that out of the way as well.)

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games can have a different "required version" field in their header than the firmware update that comes attached to their ROM on the cartridge. Downloadable games don't have firmware updates, so only the "required version" matters. It's still quite possible that Majora's Mask says "required version" 9.0.0 and has a 9.2.0 firmware update attached to its ROM in the cartridge version.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Looks like MM3DS game will come with 9.0 update. (perhaps 9.2, but the preinstalled version looks to be preinstalled on a 9.0 system, has there ever been a case of a game bundle being on a system on a lower firmware then the cartridge version requires? I doubt it though).

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this matters but Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate only requires Firmware 8.1, might apply to MM as well.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what does this mean for those with 8.1J systems? Can they update to 9.0 easily without having to import a JPN version of MM?

Or is there no point in going from 8.1 to 9.0 in terms of features?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your breaking the rules mate ;)
Detete your post before an admin sees it.

its not breaking the rules lol thats not a rom site it's just a list of scene releases

anyway who cares what FW MM requires? what does this have to do with gateway? how does this matter at all when we all have emunand classic

Reactions: Keylogger

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not breaking the rules lol thats not a rom site it's just a list of scene releases

anyway who cares what FW MM requires? what does this have to do with gateway? how does this matter at all when we all have emunand classic

I think the reason for all the fuss is that Japanese New 3DS units were shipped with 8.1, which I THINK lacked the ability to use the Gateway downgrade exploit(?). And with no game to update to 9.0 or 9.2, those users were left without a solution.
I don't know the current situation though, since I don't own a Japanese N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol