Hacking I believe MM3D will require fw 9.2

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I think the reason for all the fuss is that Japanese New 3DS units were shipped with 8.1, which I THINK lacked the ability to use the Gateway downgrade exploit(?). And with no game to update to 9.0 or 9.2, those users were left without a solution.
I don't know the current situation though, since I don't own a Japanese N3DS.

:) the 'problem' is that the consoles do not come with the internet browser, and you have to update to get it.
so people worried that if the n3ds exploit will be a web exploit, that they will not be able to use it because they do not have the web browser, and if they update to get it they will be on 9.5, and not be able to use gw.

Reactions: thorasgar

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
:) the 'problem' is that the consoles do not come with the internet browser, and you have to update to get it.
so people worried that if the n3ds exploit will be a web exploit, that they will not be able to use it because they do not have the web browser, and if they update to get it they will be on 9.5, and not be able to use gw.

Hm you sure? I'll wait opening the MH4 edition until Gateway release it.
Sealed is this much more worth.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
According to http://3ds.essh.co/, MM3D does indeed come with the 9.0 update. Good news for those wanting to update sysnand to 9.0. :D
(certain things like the pokemon ram injector only work on a 9.x sysnand fw. :P )

That is the game dude not the console the console can still have a different firmware.
But will idd have 9.0 fw. We are not sure cause of the webbrowser if it will be useable.
Then you may need a 9.2 game to update.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
That is the game dude not the console the console can still have a different firmware.
But will idd have 9.0 fw. We are not sure cause of the webbrowser if it will be useable.
Then you may need a 9.2 game to update.
I think he is talking about the game. He was talking about people on 5.x to 8.x, which can update their console with this game.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Gateway's entrypoint for n3DS will likely not use the Web Browser. All known web browser exploits don't work on n3DS anyway. So just give up on that. :P

This is just further indication that if MM3D shipped with 9.0, the North American release of the n3DS will probably come with 9.0 as well.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think he is talking about the game. He was talking about people on 5.x to 8.x, which can update their console with this game.

I see so to get the browser.

Gateway's entrypoint for n3DS will likely not use the Web Browser. All known web browser exploits don't work on n3DS anyway. So just give up on that. :P

This is just further indication that if MM3D shipped with 9.0, the North American release of the n3DS will probably come with 9.0 as well.
Yeh I hope they will release the ds profile don't want forever using the browser.
Or some other easier way.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what's the deal with the browser?

There are the rare occasions where a classic 3DS was never updated via the internet before and doesn't have the browser installed. But I've heard of very few instances of that. For n3DS users, it's irrelevant because Gateway won't be using that as their entry point. It's just people fixating on the browser for whatever reason. :P

Reactions: guitarheroknight

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik, game updates don't contain the browser anyway?
No they don't. Only way to get it right now is to update through Nintendo and then you get 9.5

The fact that some N3DS jap shipped with 8.1 and no browser could be holding everything up. I suspect Gateway would like to use the browser exploit on all N3DS but since they promised 8.1 support and Nintendo screwed them by shipping some without the browser they are forced to develop a different exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again