Hacking I believe MM3D will require fw 9.2

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just played with an Australian demo unit running MM3D, checked the firmware and it was 9.2 there was no AP settings/internet connection and the AU units ship with 9.0 so it looks like the cartridge had a 9.2 update.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a demo unit, i don't see why they would bother updating it (then deleting the wifi settings) before putting it into the rack. Occam's razor would indicate the cartridge has a 9.2 update. I didn't say I'd confirmed anything and the US cart may have a different update but if I'd say the smart bet is the PAL version will ship with 9.2

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that'll piss off a lot of GW fans if true.
Yep, they sure will have so much trouble playing a 9.2 firmware game. Even though 9.2 is exploitable. And, even if it weren't, emuNAND is a thing which exists. But, still, for no apparent reason, they'll be soooo pissed!

Wait, what?

EDIT:
I'm sure a lot of people would want to buy a legit copy of the game too.
And...? What does that have to do with the required firmware? Buying something doesn't preclude pirating it as well. And Classic mode allows you to run a retail game in emuNAND. Which isn't even necessary, because 9.2 didn't patch any of the new exploits. Requiring 9.2 (a claim which has absolutely no support thus far) is completely irrelevant to "Gateway fans".

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope so. My 3DS XL is running 9.2 and I'd like to keep it there until the scene sprouts legs and arms. I purchased Majoras Mask and hope it won't make me update.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Noooope. Majoras Mask 3D does not require 9.2.

Proof: MM 3D New XL systems being sold early in france, they are on 9.0.20 and the EU Majoras mask XL consoles have MM3D preinstalled. Can be played immediately without any firmware update.
3617181423252848image.jpg

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Proof: MM 3D New XL systems being sold early in france, they are on 9.0.20 and the EU Majoras mask XL consoles have MM3D preinstalled. Can be played immediately without any firmware update.

Not this again.-.-
And where in this picture is the proof you mentioned?
The home menu looks exactly the same as mine on 9.4 emuNAND (except the order of the apps is slightly different), which obviously is not 9.2, lol.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Is there a good reason, why you as British citizen, have set the system language to French? "06/02 (ven)" I guess "ven" means vendredi? Would be surprised, if it would be the abbreviation for friday. :lol:

EDIT: OK, you wrote, your in France. Then it might be indeed legit.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a good reason, why you as British citizen, have set the system language to French? "06/02 (ven)" I guess "ven" means vendredi? Would be surprised, if it would be the abbreviation for friday. :lol:

EDIT: OK, you wrote, your in France. Then it might be indeed legit.

Holy shit dude, its not my photo. Hahaha. Way to jump to conclusions there.

Its been confirmed now that ALL European N3DS consoles, including the Majoras Mask ones with MM preinstalled, are firmware 9.0.20E. There's no debate or speculation here.

And yes, of course its bloody legit. Its not the only example online too.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Its been confirmed now that ALL European N3DS consoles, including the Majoras Mask ones with MM preinstalled, are firmware 9.0.20E. There's no debate or speculation here.

Confirmed where, by who? Any links, or just that picture that shows no actual proof.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Then why did you choose to present this useless photo instead of one that undeniably shows the actual firmware?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States

I did a reverse image search on this picture and it has only ever been posted on GBAtemp. It doesn't show the firmware version or even anything about France. I'm not sure what you think this shows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: