zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The update on the cart is 9.0. The required minimum firmware to run is 7.1

Just a nice present to the community from Nintendo.
Completely and 100% not true. The card update is 7.1. There is no such thing as a min/max/optional dual update or whatever.

fyi the sdk is also 7.1.0, barely recent enough for 7.x encryption.

Capture.PNG

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
lets hope the same holds true for USA..My RED new one will arrive on the 17th. Since no one else was alowing pre-orders I had to settle for getting the color I wanted but a little later

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely and 100% not true. The card update is 7.1. There is no such thing as a min/max/optional dual update or whatever.

fyi the sdk is also 7.1.0, barely recent enough for 7.x encryption.

I was just going off what 3ds.essh.co was reporting. I just checked again and it now shows 7.0.0E as the firmware. Your software shows it as 7.1.

I don't know what the fuck is going on. I dont have the game yet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was just going off what 3ds.essh.co was reporting. I just checked again and it now shows 7.0.0E as the firmware. Your software shows it as 7.1.

Weird indeed. Nintendo may end up being smarter than they seem if they can avoid releasing a cart with a 9.0 to 9.2 update on it.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
could it be 7.0 for 3DS and 9.0 for New3DS ?
No.

The release site operator was initially going off of rumors/speculation/screenshots before the actual game was in the wild. There is no way to know what update a rom has unless it is checked with proper software. It's understandable people were misled.

Extra tidbit -- the official scene release is in the wild and it is identical to the private dump.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, I was looking at the demo cart, which is not the same as retail. Easily possible the demo had 9.2 and the retail has 7.1

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fyi the MM cia a visiting friend here made that is on a certain ISO site is freezing on US consoles including mine. The .3ds works fine.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they don't. Only way to get it right now is to update through Nintendo and then you get 9.5

The fact that some N3DS jap shipped with 8.1 and no browser could be holding everything up. I suspect Gateway would like to use the browser exploit on all N3DS but since they promised 8.1 support and Nintendo screwed them by shipping some without the browser they are forced to develop a different exploit.
Thought so :/
So peeps with N3DS JPN 8.1 can't even use the 9.0 update from MM3D Japan version to get the Browser?
Strange..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte