HWFLY chips will brick your OLED. Here is how to avoid it

First things first, I should start by saying that if you have an OLED-specific clone chip you're fine.

Anyways, all HWFLY Lite chips come with Spacecraft v1. For those that don't know, Spacecraft v1 sets certain pins to 5V that shouldn't be set to that on an OLED.

You can find more info in the readme of my application here: https://github.com/Pheeeeenom/payloadchecker

All this application does is check the payload that's currently written and checks it to verified hashes stored in the program.

Steps to follow are:

Boot hekate
Dump BOOT0
Check it on application

If you have a genuine modchip, update it to the latest Spacecraft v2 before you install it into an OLED.

The OLED-specific modchip also comes with broken USB debugging, if you want to fix this issue you will need to write this repaired firmware binary.

FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got this message: But like some other users. it does not mention spacecraft version...?!

However on the hexedit that was shown on page 4. I also did on my boot0 and it showed the same...then why don't I get a nice "you have version 0.2" message?
1642339483523.png

1642339041058.png

Last edited by FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR,

Maroto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hello, I have installed an original sx lite chip in the oled switch with the spacecraft 2.0 version, do you think that the switch will be damaged because of the wattage problem? Can i stay calm?

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This appears when I remove the sd from the switch. I have v2.0?
I would suggest not to do this kind of test, since if you have a V1 you risk in damaging your board. Use @Mena software instead.

If you have a V1, make sure not to boot your switch without SD card (+ HATS file in it).

Maroto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would suggest not to do this kind of test, since if you have a V1 you risk in damaging your board. Use @Mena software instead.

If you have a V1, make sure not to boot your switch without SD card (+ HATS file in it).
but if I am in 2.0 if I can turn on without the sd card inside?
When I have the switch oled turned off and I remove the card to connect it to the computer, it turns on by itself and this rocket screen appears.

Last edited by Maroto,

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
but if I am in 2.0 if I can turn on without the sd card inside?
When I have the switch turned off and I remove the card to connect it to the computer, it turns on by itself and this rocket screen appears.
If you're in v2 you're completely fine.

To fix the boot thing, set "autohosoff=2" in hekate_ipl.ini

Reactions: BigOnYa

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, I found it, can I connect the oled switch via usb to the computer and use the program to check what version the chip has installed?
It literally says what to do.

You want to dump your boot0/1 and open your boot0 with the app @Mena provided.

It'll tell you if the chip you have can be used on OLEDs or not

If it can, it has V2 installed, if it can't, it has V1.

Keep in mind that if it has V1 you either get it replaced or be very mindful about the SD card always being in, properly working and not missing payload.bin to avoid damage to the board.

Reactions: Maroto

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It literally says what to do.

You want to dump your boot0/1 and open your boot0 with the app @Mena provided.

It'll tell you if the chip you have can be used on OLEDs or not

If it can, it has V2 installed, if it can't, it has V1.

Keep in mind that if it has V1 you either get it replaced or be very mindful about the SD card always being in, properly working and not missing payload.bin to avoid damage to the board.
Did you see the screen fakedemic.. lol tells no version xD

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just wait until the soft mod scene finds a way to soft mod the OLED models. It's just a matter of time before all models of the switch ends up like the Wii, Wii U and 3DS systems, I think?

Maroto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'll just wait until the soft mod scene finds a way to soft mod the OLED models. It's just a matter of time before all models of the switch ends up like the Wii, Wii U and 3DS systems, I think?
Do you think I've made a mistake putting the sx lite chip in my oled switch? do you think the switch will break?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think I've made a mistake putting the sx lite chip in my oled switch? do you think the switch will break?

Honestly, I'm not too sure, that question would be better asked on someone who does hard mods. I only mess with softmods. Mostly because they're easy to do, and I enjoy using them, also, I feel like there is less risk throwing your console in the trash if something goes wrong. If history has shown us anything, by the time Nintendo releases the Switch 2 or what ever they decide on calling it, the Switch scene will be on down pat. Look at the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS; unless I am mistaken, every model can be soft modded today and run Homebrew.

I hope that helps and answers your question and yeah, I'll wait lol! :P

Reactions: Maroto

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This has been discussed multiple times actually, no one is able to tell if there's going to be a softmod for v2 / oled. Maybe in the future, but as of now, we are very far from it, or at least, that's what it seems like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: