Hacking Hardware OLED Boot OK but HWFlY Modchip pulsing in green

ceut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,
I'm a little new here, but I a long time user of GBATemp for many things, and I found this place very usefull :)

Here is my problem:
I have modded my brand new Oled with HWFLY v5 modchip, and it works (sometimes glitch is slow, sometimes fast).
I was playing with ThemeInjector yesterday, and after applying a theme to test it, I have reboot the Oled with the left menu on it, and came back to emuMMC.
But a strange thing has happening since: the modchip doesn't go to sleep mode at all :( And I have now a green pulsing light all the time :unsure:

On the HWFLY led pattern: it seems that my modchip is in toolbox mode (I don't know how), but when I try to reach it with the payload hwfly_toolbox 1.1.1.bin, I have red error message from it on every menu I have tried with VOL+/-. Nothing can be check from the toolbox.

So I have teared it down, unplug the battery, wait about half an hour, then replug the battery: same strange thing.
Then, I have plug modchip on my computer with the little MicroUSB module, and launch the "r" command on Putty: Reset OK the modchip started training again.
But same thing after some minutes: at the end of training the green pulsing came back.
Last thing I have tried: reflash 0.72 FW then resend "r" and after training: no change :(:(

Is there something to do for this strange behaviour ?

Edit: I have made a video to show you, but my (old) phone has some difficulty with showing the pulsing led (it seems to flash, maybe PWM modulation?).
Also you will see a white led I have added to check when the 3.3V is present (it helps me to see when the switch is off after the 12s).
Post automatically merged:

***** Reply to myself *****
I have worked on my Oled all this afternoon, and it seems that I have found the "bug"...:blink:
It seems the C wire which was a little too close to the A wire.
Also, the C wire is a little too stripped.
Even if all diode values were great on my precision-DMM with different value, I think that some strange contact has happened between them :unsure:

So now all seems to work well.
I finally can acess to glitch infos in the hwfly_toolbox (usefull for debugging !), and the glitch seems to be more responsive.
Some photos, to show a fix I have done with UV mask, some screen of the toolbox and my DMM B/Rst value :)

I keep this topic open until I confirm all is ok about this strange behaviour B-)

Also, my thought is that the A/CMD is the wire where the modchip retrieves the PWR/VOL+/- information, and it was in conflict with the DAT0 eMMC pin so the modchip was a little lost :unsure:

Attachments

• Green Pulsing Bug_20231107_121124.mp4
    2.6 MB
  • 11-Modchipwire_20231107_213949.jpg
    11-Modchipwire_20231107_213949.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 13-Glitch Info 20231107_214631.jpg
    13-Glitch Info 20231107_214631.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 13-Glitch Info 20231107_214712.jpg
    13-Glitch Info 20231107_214712.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20231107_220839.jpg
    20231107_220839.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by ceut,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?