Hacking Hardware HWFLY Core - Stuck on pulsing purple

FloppaVentura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I know there are a few other threads out there, but none of them really had the exact same issue w/ solution bar this one. Excuse any neglegince as I am not really familiar entirely with all the behaviours of the chip. (Mine is a HWFLY V5 Core w/ OLED Switch). I did not do the install myself, had someone do it over 9 months ago, working flawlessly up until now.

Issue is that after a normal restart, the chip starts pulsing purple, then introduces 1 red flash after a minute regularly. Tried to short the chip, didnt want to short, tried to hook it up to the pc, didnt connect or show any lights on the chip, opened it up, everything seemed fine, I even tried to drain the battery like in the link thread above and that didnt help.

Bizarrely, it fixes itself after exactly 3 days & 12 hrs... I dont know why. I figure it must be discharging something to be taking that long. The chip works like normal, everything works, hekate, cfw, all of it.

Yes I've repeated this 3 times and they happen when I've either restarted or powered off after a few days of continuous use. Restarting is not the issue since it has worked fine when I've done multiple restarts in a row after its fixed itself, but thats the only kinda clue I have as to when the chip decides to freak. This was no longer the case after the 3rd time, after the 3rd it completly refused to come back to normal, leaving it upwards of 2 weeks without powering it on.

Anyways I'm looking for anyone could explain this behaviour or any remedies.

FINAL UPDATE: Original technician claimed different reasons for the issue (mentioned in the updates in this thread) but I assume he had no idea what he was doing as he tried to squeeze me for my money without even remotely fixing it when I sent it back to him. Then I sent it to a reputable technician and he told me there were burned transistors. Modchip was somewhat repairable but expensive to do, so the only alternative was to either unmod or install a new mod.

TLDR : 3 Burned transistors needed to be replaced, decided to un-mod my switch and go back to vanilla than to spend 4x the repair cost to get a new working mod.

Last edited by FloppaVentura,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save that image for troubleshooting LED code. I read purple is indicating MMC, need someone to confirm. Can you share pictures of the install?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208-072019_1.png
    Screenshot_20231208-072019_1.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 32

HawaiianInTown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to have to open it up at some point because you're not having a software issues. Based off of your only pic, your soldered points could use more flux, and I'm certain you're going to have to redo your points across the console. At which point before proceeding mulligan (redo) snap better pics in focus, better lighting. Probs not what you wanna hear, but also, so you own a multimeter? Probe your points with your multimeter in diode mode. Report back on your readings.

FloppaVentura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're going to have to open it up at some point because you're not having a software issues. Based off of your only pic, your soldered points could use more flux, and I'm certain you're going to have to redo your points across the console. At which point before proceeding mulligan (redo) snap better pics in focus, better lighting. Probs not what you wanna hear, but also, so you own a multimeter? Probe your points with your multimeter in diode mode. Report back on your readings.
I dont have a multimeter on me, I had the install done by someone and I've consulted him about the issue, he's telling me it's probably the chip thats going funky but I would have to ship it back to him to confirm

HawaiianInTown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest sending back to technician to redo. I don't advise opening console and messing with somebody else's work, it could void whatevs warranty you have with technician.

FloppaVentura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Sent it to back to the technician, he found nothing wrong with any cables or readings, performed a reflash on the chip fw and everything seems well. Came to the conclusion that 17.0.0> has something to do with the glitch times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto