Would the HWFly v3 be enough to successfully mod an OLED Switch?

ArianFallahi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few months ago, I ordered an HWFly v3 modchip. This was all that was included in the package:

Screenshot 2024-04-07 111109.png

However, whenever I lookup a walkthrough of the installation of a modchip, there's always a Raspberry Pi and/or NAND cables involved somehow.

My question is, can a mod happen with just the modchip or do I need more stuff? I have memory cards and everything of that nature but I don't want to open the console up if I'm gonna get stuck.

Thank you.

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago, I ordered an HWFly v3 modchip. This was all that was included in the package:

View attachment 430388

However, whenever I lookup a walkthrough of the installation of a modchip, there's always a Raspberry Pi and/or NAND cables involved somehow.

My question is, can a mod happen with just the modchip or do I need more stuff? I have memory cards and everything of that nature but I don't want to open the console up if I'm gonna get stuck.

Thank you.
You need more than that. That is only the CPU flex cable. Looks like nothing else is included. If you go the HWFly route you're still missing several components needed. There's another flex cable that is soldered to points on the board as well as an adapter that slides under the emmc. And last but not least, is the chip. I've never done one of these but have come across this when doing research. Please do your own research first. There is a lot of info here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo