Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I confirm by now is that, trying to restore save to Sky3DS's Zelda OoT3D from the exploit .sav won't work even I backed my working one up then restored... It's always a corrupted save when loading the game.

Update: It will only work by using SaveDataFilter to import to Sky3DS on CFW.
What, "Palatine"/"redNAND"? Earlier today I spent an hour going through that process.
I would get an "SD card has been removed" message every time I launched SDF. Any idea what I could have done wrong?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What, "Palatine"/"redNAND"? Earlier today I spent an hour going through that process.
I would get an "SD card has been removed" message every time I launched SDF. Any idea what I could have done wrong?

I have no idea. I always get it to work everytime...

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
One thing I confirm by now is that, trying to restore save to Sky3DS's Zelda OoT3D from the exploit .sav won't work even I backed my working one up then restored... It's always a corrupted save when loading the game.

Update: It will only work by using SaveDataFilter to import to Sky3DS on CFW.

However, ultimately I won't load Launcher.dat even it's loaded the exploit savedata successfully.

Retail cart works perfectly and I'm formatting emunand by now.

I'm out. Hope GW will have something else.

Can you provide the save+template you used if its an EU ROM? That would be very helpful. Just backup the save with diskwriter tool and provide the template.txt.
I think I could fix the issue. The partitions of the save need to be reallocated.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a dumb question. Would the version of DiskWriter matter? I'm using 1.06b5. 1.07 is offered for download on gbatemp but nowhere to be found on sky3ds.com so I stayed away from it.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can you provide the save+template you used if its an EU ROM? That would be very helpful. Just backup the save with diskwriter tool and provide the template.txt.
I think I could fix the issue. The partitions of the save need to be reallocated.

It's a private one. I can share without header id, is it okay?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem is if you don't provide the header, it won't work. The savegameencryption is bound to the header. Can't you just inject a public header and reimport the save again? Then the save would be encrypted with a public header and everyone can use it.

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REQUEST:

For those that got this to work, can you provide a step by step on how you did it? I have to be missing something here as my attempts have all lead to corrupt saves. I've been trying US version. The OT first post is kind of confusing since it mentions GW save fix first although I'm not even sure that's the order of how you do this right (or if that's even leveraged)?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Either your savedafiler isn't set to run from the SD or requires a firmware higher than 4.5.

Get a proper one.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a dumb question. Would the version of DiskWriter matter? I'm using 1.06b5. 1.07 is offered for download on gbatemp but nowhere to be found on sky3ds.com so I stayed away from it.

I am also using 1.06b5 and having an issue. Did you try 1.07 to see if it worked? i'm not by my computer.

Ace_Axel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Japan save is not working with sky3ds

Trying as well on my JP N3DS with Bahamut release ROM on sky3ds (Following steps on this post). Unsuccessful so far. I believe Diskwriter isn't even properly restoring the .sav file. The progress bar pops up very quickly and goes about halfway before closing without any verification of the file being restored. 8.1FW if that helps.

zander-x

Trophies
XP
Country
Are people having success using the gateway fixed save with non working Ocarina cartridges?
i did, posted a few pages ago, i use the safefix for GW USA on my

LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA
AQEE510220

and it works, when i used the one that Team GW released it gave me the "corrupt save" error all the time but tried this one and it works perfectly.

Reactions: dekuleon

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying as well on my JP N3DS with Bahamut release ROM on sky3ds (Following steps on this post). Unsuccessful so far. I believe Diskwriter isn't even properly restoring the .sav file. The progress bar pops up very quickly and goes about halfway before closing without any verification of the file being restored. 8.1FW if that helps.
Same here 8.1J new 3ds. This really is the dumbest update that gateway ever shot out there ass

Reactions: Ace_Axel

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i did, posted a few pages ago, i use the safefix for GW USA on my

LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA
AQEE510220

and it works, when i used the one that Team GW released it gave me the "corrupt save" error all the time but tried this one and it works perfectly.

same cart as me! 0220

cant wait to test when i get home

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought Zelda Oot Japan and for someone that lives in USA this cost me more then the gateway. I paid $76.99 yeah thanks gateway your flashkit cost me $150+ total thats crazy. And if anyone is trying to get this to work remember ebay doesn't know about the gateway update yet buy while you can!. I find it even more funny that gateway is trying to get cubic ninja to work to there is only 35,000 copies of that game are they smoking crack?!

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save isn't showing up on my OOT. USA. Have the correct rom.

I got it to say corrupt save once. But now it just boots into game and the save is gone. Tried reformatting card and redoing a few times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1