Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

  • Thread starter Thread starter sonic2756
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 243,387
  • Replies Replies 1,194
  • Likes Likes 87
IMO, GW did something in their exploit savedata to avoid Sky3DS's users trying to run the exploit.


That makes no sense at all. What do they care really? Anyone using this is going to try to get a Gateway working...
 
same issue here - save file corrupt. Using the sky3ds save file. Not sure what the GW save file is for as I only put the GW file (from GW release) on the sd card in my 3ds). The sky should have the actually save right? I've reformatted and tried a number of times. diff slots as well.
 
same issue here - save file corrupt. Using the sky3ds save file. Not sure what the GW save file is for as I only put the GW file (from GW release) on the sd card in my 3ds). The sky should have the actually save right? I've reformatted and tried a number of times. diff slots as well.

Are you using the contrast release?
 
IMO, GW did something in their exploit savedata to avoid Sky3DS's users trying to run the exploit.
Why would they care, as long as people are using gateway they don't care, it's just that sky3ds has a different save format so it needs to be reworked to match how sky3ds stores it's save
 
Why would they care, as long as people are using gateway they don't care, it's just that sky3ds has a different save format so it needs to be reworked to match how sky3ds stores it's save


The exploit savedata on Sky3DS loads perfectly but it won't let me in Launcher.dat but original retail cart
 
  • Like
Reactions: sneef
Why would they care, as long as people are using gateway they don't care, it's just that sky3ds has a different save format so it needs to be reworked to match how sky3ds stores it's save

+1 ...exactly. not only would they not care, it would actually make things better for them, and they'd have fewer annoyed customers..
 
I use just the new stuff you use on EU version. But now on the save files, i gont got anything. I mean all are empty.

Any idea guys?. We are near.
 
should be as I used the actual file name to get it and the diskwriter name matches it too. Anyway to check for sure?
MD5 hash and filesize in bytes. I propose that this be asked of anybody seeking assistance.

If you don't know how to MD5, I use HashTool. Download and install; after that, you can just right-click on a file and view properties.
 
Are you using the contrast release?


I am. The hashes of the ROM are:

MD5 (ctr-aqee.3ds) = 1aaea3bfca18737fc15092e9eabb1105
SHA: 1c7d8e7f0e8c4a1328bd42fcf291469f6d264b7a ctr-aqee.3ds

I downloaded the latest template and still getting corrupt data.

Should I be uploading OOT with the sky3ds template or the template you made?
 
I am. The hashes of the ROM are:

MD5 (ctr-aqee.3ds) = 1aaea3bfca18737fc15092e9eabb1105
SHA: 1c7d8e7f0e8c4a1328bd42fcf291469f6d264b7a ctr-aqee.3ds

I downloaded the latest template and still getting corrupt data.

Should I be uploading OOT with the sky3ds template or the template you made?

Template I made.
 

Site & Scene News