Hacking [How-to] Upgrade your old3ds from 4.1-8.1 to 9.2.0-20

Conti93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Managed to update my Blue 9.2.0-0E 3DS.
Borrowed a Sky3DS, writed Cubic Ninja and installed Ninjhax2.1.
In Homebrew Launcher I opened PastaCFW, Ninjhax again, and then FBI, but no matter what it stuck with a white screen.
After a good hour of smashing my head against a wall, I installed themehax to return the Sky3DS (I had it only for a limited ammount of time..), downloaded Decrypt9WIP, extracted NAND+XorPad, injected FBI in H&S app and restored modified NAND.
FBI was finally launching, however it took another 2 hours to figure out I was missing the 2 f@*#ing title.db & import.db files in the dbs folder to finally install sysupdater & update to 9.2.0-20E.

Last edited by Conti93,

OxyO12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello versehell ! I followed the indication you gave me yesterday, but as the 9.2 eur firmware is currently unavailable on "that iso site", I tried with the 9.0.

I put all the .cia files from the pack in "updates" directory, launched rxtools 2.5.2, and finally clicked on devmode. It brought me back to home menu (wich is normal I guess), and then I launched sysupdater.. Had to press A to launch the procedure, and it begin... After some times, it prompts a "fail", and says that he can't find files in "/updates".. Idea where the problem is? :(
thanks you!

OxyO12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yep, but something went wrong...
Now, I still have access to the home menu, but not the parameters... Sys updater is still on sysnand, but I can't launch it (says I have to redownload it..).
After plugging my SD card on my computer, I can't touch anything (when I delete something, it reapears after a while).
Since I can't access the parameter to set a new wifi, I can't launch the launcher.dat to use my backuped nand.bin...

I'm gonna try my sd card on an other computer, but I guess it may be corrupted... Do you think if I use a other sd card, with a launcher.dat (on the same wifi network (which I will be near only in two weeks..)) it may saves my 3DS ?

Thanks for your efforts and help. :)

Whitmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am in RxTools Dev Mode and I installed SysUpdater. My question is do I update from Devmenu? I really dont wanna brick my 3DS haha

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Managed to update my Blue 9.2.0-0E 3DS.
Borrowed a Sky3DS, writed Cubic Ninja and installed Ninjhax2.1.
In Homebrew Launcher I opened PastaCFW, Ninjhax again, and then FBI, but no matter what it stuck with a white screen.
After a good hour of smashing my head against a wall, I installed themehax to return the Sky3DS (I had it only for a limited ammount of time..), downloaded Decrypt9WIP, extracted NAND+XorPad, injected FBI in H&S app and restored modified NAND.
FBI was finally launching, however it took another 2 hours to figure out I was missing the 2 f@*#ing title.db & import.db files in the dbs folder to finally install sysupdater & update to 9.2.0-20E.

Same situation as you. Bought a used day-one o3ds which has only been upgraded once through a Pokemon Y cartridge. So now i'm on 6.1.0-0E (without a browser)

I own a Cubic Ninja retail cart. What is the plan here? I read after hours of lurking here and there that Ninjhax 2 works without a browser. To use that i need to upgrade to 9.2.0-0E via cart, Right? But then? It seems that even Ninjhax 2 doesn't support the -0 firmware (as there's no possiblity to select it on the site to make the qr pop-up)

How did you manage to do the Ninjhax on 9.2.0-0E? Once i did that i could have the possiblity to install the themehax and return the cartridge to the owner. With all the time in my hands then...

VerseHell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same situation as you. Bought a used day-one o3ds which has only been upgraded once through a Pokemon Y cartridge. So now i'm on 6.1.0-0E (without a browser)

I own a Cubic Ninja retail cart. What is the plan here? I read after hours of lurking here and there that Ninjhax 2 works without a browser. To use that i need to upgrade to 9.2.0-0E via cart, Right? But then? It seems that even Ninjhax 2 doesn't support the -0 firmware (as there's no possiblity to select it on the site to make the qr pop-up)

How did you manage to do the Ninjhax on 9.2.0-0E? Once i did that i could have the possiblity to install the themehax and return the cartridge to the owner. With all the time in my hands then...

Either find a game which contains the 9.2 update, or buy a ds flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly