Hacking [How-to] Upgrade your old3ds from 4.1-8.1 to 9.2.0-20

Conti93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Managed to update my Blue 9.2.0-0E 3DS.
Borrowed a Sky3DS, writed Cubic Ninja and installed Ninjhax2.1.
In Homebrew Launcher I opened PastaCFW, Ninjhax again, and then FBI, but no matter what it stuck with a white screen.
After a good hour of smashing my head against a wall, I installed themehax to return the Sky3DS (I had it only for a limited ammount of time..), downloaded Decrypt9WIP, extracted NAND+XorPad, injected FBI in H&S app and restored modified NAND.
FBI was finally launching, however it took another 2 hours to figure out I was missing the 2 f@*#ing title.db & import.db files in the dbs folder to finally install sysupdater & update to 9.2.0-20E.

Last edited by Conti93,

OxyO12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello versehell ! I followed the indication you gave me yesterday, but as the 9.2 eur firmware is currently unavailable on "that iso site", I tried with the 9.0.

I put all the .cia files from the pack in "updates" directory, launched rxtools 2.5.2, and finally clicked on devmode. It brought me back to home menu (wich is normal I guess), and then I launched sysupdater.. Had to press A to launch the procedure, and it begin... After some times, it prompts a "fail", and says that he can't find files in "/updates".. Idea where the problem is? :(
thanks you!

OxyO12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yep, but something went wrong...
Now, I still have access to the home menu, but not the parameters... Sys updater is still on sysnand, but I can't launch it (says I have to redownload it..).
After plugging my SD card on my computer, I can't touch anything (when I delete something, it reapears after a while).
Since I can't access the parameter to set a new wifi, I can't launch the launcher.dat to use my backuped nand.bin...

I'm gonna try my sd card on an other computer, but I guess it may be corrupted... Do you think if I use a other sd card, with a launcher.dat (on the same wifi network (which I will be near only in two weeks..)) it may saves my 3DS ?

Thanks for your efforts and help. :)

Whitmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am in RxTools Dev Mode and I installed SysUpdater. My question is do I update from Devmenu? I really dont wanna brick my 3DS haha

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Managed to update my Blue 9.2.0-0E 3DS.
Borrowed a Sky3DS, writed Cubic Ninja and installed Ninjhax2.1.
In Homebrew Launcher I opened PastaCFW, Ninjhax again, and then FBI, but no matter what it stuck with a white screen.
After a good hour of smashing my head against a wall, I installed themehax to return the Sky3DS (I had it only for a limited ammount of time..), downloaded Decrypt9WIP, extracted NAND+XorPad, injected FBI in H&S app and restored modified NAND.
FBI was finally launching, however it took another 2 hours to figure out I was missing the 2 f@*#ing title.db & import.db files in the dbs folder to finally install sysupdater & update to 9.2.0-20E.

Same situation as you. Bought a used day-one o3ds which has only been upgraded once through a Pokemon Y cartridge. So now i'm on 6.1.0-0E (without a browser)

I own a Cubic Ninja retail cart. What is the plan here? I read after hours of lurking here and there that Ninjhax 2 works without a browser. To use that i need to upgrade to 9.2.0-0E via cart, Right? But then? It seems that even Ninjhax 2 doesn't support the -0 firmware (as there's no possiblity to select it on the site to make the qr pop-up)

How did you manage to do the Ninjhax on 9.2.0-0E? Once i did that i could have the possiblity to install the themehax and return the cartridge to the owner. With all the time in my hands then...

VerseHell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same situation as you. Bought a used day-one o3ds which has only been upgraded once through a Pokemon Y cartridge. So now i'm on 6.1.0-0E (without a browser)

I own a Cubic Ninja retail cart. What is the plan here? I read after hours of lurking here and there that Ninjhax 2 works without a browser. To use that i need to upgrade to 9.2.0-0E via cart, Right? But then? It seems that even Ninjhax 2 doesn't support the -0 firmware (as there's no possiblity to select it on the site to make the qr pop-up)

How did you manage to do the Ninjhax on 9.2.0-0E? Once i did that i could have the possiblity to install the themehax and return the cartridge to the owner. With all the time in my hands then...

Either find a game which contains the 9.2 update, or buy a ds flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: