nsp files being read-only and not letting me change that

LamaCorrotta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so i've modded my switch and now i'm trying to get some nsp files on my sd card and install them through goldleaf: when i try to do that, the switch freezes because the files are set to read-only. no matter how many times i try to switch read-only off, it instantly turns back on. i've read i should "take full control" of the files and folders through properties>security, but since the rentry guide made me format my sd card to FAT32, now i don't have the security tab on the properties section. any solutions? thank you!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i've modded my switch and now i'm trying to get some nsp files on my sd card and install them through goldleaf: when i try to do that, the switch freezes because the files are set to read-only. no matter how many times i try to switch read-only off, it instantly turns back on. i've read i should "take full control" of the files and folders through properties>security, but since the rentry guide made me format my sd card to FAT32, now i don't have the security tab on the properties section. any solutions? thank you!
Have you tried installing the nsp files directly via USB connection, instead of copying the nsp files?

Reactions: Blythe93

CyberPal69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a ton of issues with installing NSPs since the Switch was hacked. Most recently, my installed games started freezing at random times, but always at the same place per game. The fasted solution that I found was to switch to DBI's installer. Google is your friend, and good luck!

LamaCorrotta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried installing the nsp files directly via USB connection, instead of copying the nsp files?
you mean through dbi? i was about to try that actually!
Post automatically merged:

I have had a ton of issues with installing NSPs since the Switch was hacked. Most recently, my installed games started freezing at random times, but always at the same place per game. The fasted solution that I found was to switch to DBI's installer. Google is your friend, and good luck!
mmm yea i was gonna try using dbi like you suggested. thank you!

Reactions: Dust2dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O