Tutorial for emuNAND?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by skullkeeper94, Jun 26, 2016.

1. skullkeeper94
    OP

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    So I've read around that there's an emuNAND for the Wii. Although I could not find a good or descriptive tutorial for me to understand. Can you link me to a good tutorial or create one? I'm sorry if I'm asking much, I just REALLY want emuNAND. Thanks for any comments! :)

2. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    There's something called Sneek which allows you to load a NAND from either USB or SD without affecting your actual console's NAND.

Download ModMii and use the wizard provided to get started.

If you plan to use your own NAND dump (which can be dumped using BootMii), you will need to use either ShowMiiWads or NANDextract to extract it.

Last edited by LWares87, Jun 26, 2016
    cvskid likes this.
  3. skullkeeper94
    OP

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    Thank you. I actually successfully got emuNAND on my Wii. Is there an auto-boot feature or do I manually have to boot it manually?

4. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    Use this! it loads via the Homebrew Channel, it gives you the choice to load from either SD or USB (although, it wouldn't let you choose which emuNAND to load though).

or... you could always to patch the .dol to any wad/channel of your choosing, install and load it via the Wii Menu instead.

Falligrecht likes this.
  5. skullkeeper94
    OP

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    Alright, I'll try it. Thanks for helping! :D

6. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    Check out this guide I wrote for someone here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1075#post-5929568). The only thing I left out was that I would suggest you create your emunand on your USB drive through the latest version of USB Loader GX (which is r1260). Basically create a folder on your USB drive called "nand" and then go to custom paths in USB Loader GX and select that folder as your emunand path. Then go to features and choose "Dump nand to emunand". When that is done you can then take all your wads and use the wad manager feature in USB Loader GX to install all your wads to your emunand. Then follow the rest of the guide I linked to to get everything working. If you have any questions or need any help let me know.

Falligrecht likes this.