1. CheatFreak47

OP CheatFreak47 Catgirl Expert

United States
    here's a little tip, if you're gonna pirate the game, find a cracked copy of Afterbirth+ and use the afterbirth.a from that instead, it's the same file and any copy of AB+ should have the most up to date one, unless whoever you're getting your cracked copies of games from is fucking with the files.

Or, you know, just buy the PC game on steam. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway another small update again:
    Added a check to make sure you have java and made checks actually show messages.
    Oh, and I also reduced the size of the download to ~8.3mb with various optimizations, I realized I was including re-encoded movies already so I just decided to remove ffmpeg and the code that uses it, this speeds up the process significantly.

I also managed to remove the entire "missingfiles" dir from before and just include the stuff that is actually necessarily different for the Wii U version.
    Apparently, afterbirth.a actually contains a bunch of the files I was including before and were only not being extracted with the right filenames by rick's unpacker because the files weren't in the "filelist" for it. Added those to the list and they extract out fine and the pngs convert to PCX properly where applicable as well.

The batch output is nice and clean now:
    [​IMG]

Deleted User and Xyphoseos like this.
  2. Balda

Balda Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    friend I do all the steps to the letter I install it but when it freezes I did something wrong? (I execute mocha)

3. oofio

oofio Member
    Newcomer

United States
    whenever I run build.bat it says "Key File encryptKeyWith Not Found" even though I have a encryptKeyWith.txt file with the common key in the folder with it

4. CheatFreak47

United States
    you have to remove the extension

5. Superman321

Superman321 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    USB Loader GX Says its not a Game or update or DLC

6. ZeroIdeas

ZeroIdeas Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I need some help, I can't find the common key, I tried a lot of time a common key but it doesn't work. Please help

7. terrorclaw12

terrorclaw12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Bumping this. I have the files required, followed the instructions yet when i run the batch file it says encryptKeyWith Not found........ Yet its in the same folder. What did i do wrong?

8. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Morocco
    just look up a pre compiled version on that iso site

9. terrorclaw12

terrorclaw12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I actually fixed it. Just ran it as admin. Now it says "Afterbirth.a not found" Which its in there

And i'm not actually sure what you mean. Are you saying there's an ISO for the game with afterbirth?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Think i found some install folders actually from a russian guy :)

Hopefully they just work =D

10. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Morocco
    not an iso file, but the site has iso in its name and we cant mention that site by name here for fear of getting banned for linking to pirated content.

11. terrorclaw12

terrorclaw12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's okay I found install files :)

12. neca

neca Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, is there a way to get save files from the PC version to work on this one? Or does anyone have a full platinum god save file for the wii U version? Too many hours invested there to restart in this version... Thanks anyway, afterbirth on wii U is a magnificent contribution!!

13. aeinholc

aeinholc Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    @CheatFreak47 Can you PLEASE help me ? I'm a bit desperate for thing...so...I installed Rebirth on the Wii U ... I know for a fact that it's the USA version because it has less MB than the EUR one (downloaded it with usb helper). So anyway, after I finally got it to install, the game doesn't really appear as Afterbirth...just as Rebirth...When I went to check the internal storage of the Wii U I found out that the DLC had merely 600-700Kb ... Did I do something wrong ? Btw...I download Afterbirth DLC on PC from..... let's say not from Steam, since I can't really afford it right now... So does this have something to do with afterbirth.a since I didn't download it from Steam or did I miss out on something ?

14. cooldude777777

Newcomer

United States
    @aeinholc idk what I did to make it work but I did a fresh install of rebirth on wii u, without any save data, and with the dlc installed as well. For me it took about 25 secs for the game to officially start up. And just a reminder, you need cfw on when launching the game. Another thing I did was install it all on the system and not a usb. Not sure if that does anything. The dlc for me was also kb.

Sorry if this is all scrambled. I typed this up at 4 am

15. jacobsson

jacobsson GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    just wanted to say to everyone having trouble with the very easy to find common key. The source I found had lowercase characters for the common key, changing all characters to uppercase solved the issue for me.

16. Yesterday

Yesterday Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Hello everyone can I find out what version I can install on the wii u ? There was just no keeper in 1.0 ...

17. UmbreonDC

UmbreonDC Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I have been thinking and if it is possible to convert afterbirth plus not into another dlc if not a mod applied on the original afterbirth even if it would still have to create code or modify it, but it would be better than deciphering all the rebirth, afterbirth and afterbirth plus code if Maybe such an achievement would be achieved, since I noticed, deceiving the program that if it converts the afterbirth plus files and they are even installed but the RPL does not let me start the game and crash the console, I will try with a minor graphic mod like afterbirth to Spanish If it works, it means that with the change of the corresponding code this could work, the idea would be to apply afterbirth plus as a mod in afterbirth and use its RPL and try to make everything work as well as possible.

Edit: I think this would be a bit easier as there is much more information for isaac afterbirth mods and more practice and we have the data ripped from afterbirth plus and the structure is similar to normal afterbirth.

Last edited by UmbreonDC, Jan 17, 2021
  18. snikesblue

snikesblue Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi :) , I imagine this is an old thread, however I'm having this weird text encoding problem?
    This is the error that I'm getting:
    "ERROR: encryptKeyWith file does not contain Wii U Common Key, or is not a standard UTF-8 text file."
    I'm pretty sure I've using the correct USA key which should be 32 characters exactly as mentioned in the readme.
    Am using Notepad++ which I've heard saves to UTF-8 by default, checked with the standard Notepad as well and it is indeed set to UTF-8 (I would post a screenshot but it's not letting me since I'm not lvl5 or something) not really sure what else could be the problem.
    Any fix is appreciated, thanks!

19. UmbreonDC

UmbreonDC Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Try (for leisure) porting repentance as if it were a mod, curiously it did not happen like with A +, the game started, but at the end of the intro the console is caught: C, I do not know if there may be a small wait.

20. CheatFreak47

United States
    I'm tired of seeing these posts in my email every so often so, to be clear and in plain english.
    Afterbirth Plus and Repentance are extremely large scale upgrades of the game and are not possible to port to Wii U, full stop.

Just dumping game assets into the folder isn't going to magically make the game have all the code needed to make those assets do anything. There is no functionally possible way to make something like this.

It would be approximately the same amount of work to write a complete decompilation of the game and just recompile it with open source libraries, in the way people have done with Mario 64 or Sonic 1 and 2 mobile. That is to say, an astronomically large amount of work that nobody on earth is likely to do.

As I said, the only reason this works is that Afterbirth was already largely completely ported to the Wii U, but the release was simply canceled by it's developer, Nicalis.

Last edited by CheatFreak47, Apr 5, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Afterbirth, Binding, Isaac