Aroma - Wii-Sports-Club not playable anymore (06-2023)?

NoErrorNoCry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

===INFO===
WiiU-Version: 5.5.5 E
Aroma-Version: Beta 14
NUSSPLI-Version: 1.137
Game-Title-ID: 00050000-10144E00 Wii-U-Sports Club WUP-P-AWSP

• i tried downloading the PAL and USA through NUSSPLI, and after startup i get the error that i need a LICENCE (which is currently not available because of the shutdown of the WII-U-Store).
  • after this downloaded the wux-File on reddit roms_megathread list, i made an WUD-File and with the *.key-Files i created with wud2app.exe the installable-content. if i am not missing anything, this should be the disc-version of the game and still i get the same licence-missing-error.

Does anyone know a work-around for my situation?
thank you!

EDIT:
i am dump and obviously blind, there is an DLC-tab in the NUSSPLI-downloader. in the DLC there is the missing licence.

Last edited by NoErrorNoCry,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried downloading the PAL and USA through NUSSPLI
What CFW?

if i am not missing something, this should be the disc-version of the game and still i get the same licence-missing-error.
Cause you deleted the old version with the Wii Us data management or installed the new one over it with WUP Installer. Do not delete it (or use NUSspli to delete but that's really unneeded as NUSspli uninstalls the old one automatically) before installing the disc version and use NUSspli to install, then it should work just fine.

//EDIT: Seeing you use Aroma, so download 01_sigpatches.rpx from https://github.com/V10lator/SigpatchesModuleWiiU/releases and put it to wiiu/environments/aroma/modules/setup/ on the SD card, then NUSspli downloads will work just fine. The official guide is still missing this important step (adding it pending), sorry about that.

//EDIT²: In case you decide to just add sigpatches the disc version will work now, too. What we see here is a ticket mess: The disc ticket is there but the Wii U is still using NUSsplis fake ticket. So I would suggest to use https://apps.fortheusers.org/wiiu/TicketCleaner one time to clean that up.

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: Blythe93

NoErrorNoCry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thank you for your answer. i uninstalled the game via Wii-data-management before installing the disc-version via NUSSPLI. still behaves as e-shop-version. maye i have had to clean the tickets.

i got my issue, i forget downloading the DLC, because when i mark the game for download-queue, nusspli asks me to automatically add the UPDATE, a assumed that there is nothing left to download.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
still behaves as e-shop-version. maye i have had to clean the tickets.
Even if you figured out your issue let me add to this: That's caused by the ticket handler of the Wii U. Tickets NEVER get deleted, not even when doing a factory reset. New ticket just get attached to the ticket bin but the Wii U will ignore these and use the first one, which means the one from whatever had been installed first. So in your case this is NUSsplis fake ticket, so the disc ticket got completely ignored.

via Wii-data-management before installing the disc-version via NUSSPLI.
And that's an issue with the ticket system. When uninstalling something via legacy methods it won't delete the ticket. This is one of the reasons NUSspli has its own uninstaller which removes tickets, too, and why I created the ticket cleaner app. This will only happen when you use this uninstaller through (and as said NUSspli automatically uninstalls when the title to install is there already).

i forget downloading the DLC
That sounds really weird. You're not forced to buy DLC from Nintendo, games should work just fine without it. So not sure what caused this weird behaviour but will look into it next days.

Reactions: Blythe93

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not forced to buy DLC from Nintendo, games should work just fine without it. So not sure what caused this weird behaviour but will look into it next days.
If I recall correctly, Wii Sports Club is a special case. You would buy passes to play the game, with some being 24 hour passes and some being permanent passes. So you do need the DLC to play it now, since the passes are likely not purchasable with the eshop closure.

Alejas7

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thank you for your answer. i uninstalled the game via Wii-data-management before installing the disc-version via NUSSPLI. still behaves as e-shop-version. maye i have had to clean the tickets.

i got my issue, i forget downloading the DLC, because when i mark the game for download-queue, nusspli asks me to automatically add the UPDATE, a assumed that there is nothing left to download.
The dlc is gray now why??

Ryan525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

===INFO===
WiiU-Version: 5.5.5 E
Aroma-Version: Beta 14
NUSSPLI-Version: 1.137
Game-Title-ID: 00050000-10144E00 Wii-U-Sports Club WUP-P-AWSP

• i tried downloading the PAL and USA through NUSSPLI, and after startup i get the error that i need a LICENCE (which is currently not available because of the shutdown of the WII-U-Store).
  • after this downloaded the wux-File on reddit roms_megathread list, i made an WUD-File and with the *.key-Files i created with wud2app.exe the installable-content. if i am not missing anything, this should be the disc-version of the game and still i get the same licence-missing-error.

Does anyone know a work-around for my situation?
thank you!

EDIT:
i am dump and obviously blind, there is an DLC-tab in the NUSSPLI-downloader. in the DLC there is the missing licence.
Does anyone know when the aroma file is put in the environment folder with tiramisu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...