Hacking Question How to be sure our jig is safe ?

lolz5521

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think you don't have to turn it off to switch between sysnand and emunand? I usually using a homebrew called kosmos toolbox to get back to hekate.

Reactions: Kanakops

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the shit I made with the worlds thickest paper clip and a pair of pliers work, I think almost anything will be safe. Shit was basically mutilated after I did it, but it worked. I would send a picture but I have no idea where it is.

Also, on the banned thing, if you do the most basic of precautions, you'll be fine.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you bough one online and its molded plastic with thin copper pins, your good, the are bendable and will bend when pressure from the switches pins are applied to them rather than force themselves in place. the ones with the issues were the home made 3d printed ones that used a thick paper click for the metal bridge. there we really rough on the switch's pins port since they had no give and would force there way in to the slot

Black_Dahlia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you doing the update in the normal way on the sysnand ?
Never been banned?
What happen when your battery is dead?
Before updating the firmware i‘m updating atmosphere and then i just click update in the Nintendo settings :)
You can‘t get banned for using auto rcm and i‘m not banned :D

When my battery died a long time ago i plugged the ac adapter in and let the battery load for like 1 hour. Then i‘ve sent the hekate payload via pc like always and everything was back to normal :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a cheap jig and I can attest this is bullshit. Works fine, no need to pay 12bucks for some something that costs 30c at most to manufacture
You didn't say what jig you're using, so for all I know yours isn't even a wire based one.
Of course it works but the wire gets bent out of shape easily, that's just a fact, the ones using custom metal pins are far longer lasting and more reliable.

You're forgetting that that $12 includes a dongle and jig, most of the price is the dongle. The jig on its own is like $2. The same quality jig included with the RCMloader One, I just never recommend it because people curious about jigs probably don't have a dongle either and for $12 it's well worth getting one.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
The only time I use auto RCM is when I am updating my emmunand my synand on both of my CFW switches are still 9.2.0
Wat? Why? You don't have to do this. Hekate skips/disables the efuses check. However, as long as you only update your emummc, you don't need autorcm.

I don't want to damage my pins
You don't need the jig so often. There is an option, called, reboot to payload. Don't power off the console and you're fine.

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahh okay I see I have a switch lite that is dedicated for legit play... it all boils down to how long will you play online vs playing offline. The fact of the matter as long as you do the jig gently you will have no problems. The only time I use auto RCM is when I am updating my emmunand my synand on both of my CFW switches are still 9.2.0
I think you don't have to turn it off to switch between sysnand and emunand? I usually using a homebrew called kosmos toolbox to get back to hekate.

I really want to keep my sysnand 100% clean so this type of stuff can't be done in this side, and if I use it on emunand I would not get the real boot for my sysnand right ?

If the shit I made with the worlds thickest paper clip and a pair of pliers work, I think almost anything will be safe. Shit was basically mutilated after I did it, but it worked. I would send a picture but I have no idea where it is.

Also, on the banned thing, if you do the most basic of precautions, you'll be fine.

You mean you damaged your pins but it's still working ? Are you still using it ?

if you bough one online and its molded plastic with thin copper pins, your good, the are bendable and will bend when pressure from the switches pins are applied to them rather than force themselves in place. the ones with the issues were the home made 3d printed ones that used a thick paper click for the metal bridge. there we really rough on the switch's pins port since they had no give and would force there way in to the slot

What do you think about the one I have bought ? Are you able to tell if it's a copper or paper clip one ?

Before updating the firmware i‘m updating atmosphere and then i just click update in the Nintendo settings :)
You can‘t get banned for using auto rcm and i‘m not banned :D

When my battery died a long time ago i plugged the ac adapter in and let the battery load for like 1 hour. Then i‘ve sent the hekate payload via pc like always and everything was back to normal :)

So no cons at all to use the auto rcm ? When you do the update you don't have problem in the sysnand ?

Wat? Why? You don't have to do this. Hekate skips/disables the efuses check. However, as long as you only update your emummc, you don't need autorcm.

You don't need the jig so often. There is an option, called, reboot to payload. Don't power off the console and you're fine.

But if use this option in my emunand I will not get the real boot for my sysnand and I can't use this option on my non touched clean sysnand I think so i'm a little bit forced to shut down my console every time

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You didn't say what jig you're using, so for all I know yours isn't even a wire based one.
Of course it works but the wire gets bent out of shape easily, that's just a fact, the ones using custom metal pins are far longer lasting and more reliable.

You're forgetting that that $12 includes a dongle and jig, most of the price is the dongle. The jig on its own is like $2. The same quality jig included with the RCMloader One, I just never recommend it because people curious about jigs probably don't have a dongle either and for $12 it's well worth getting one.
I got this one, for $0.85.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32906897222.html . Never failed to go into RCM, it works fine. If you looked at the design, you'd see the "wire" is stressed in such a way that it can't be "bend out of shape"

Now, if you're a fool, you're free to by the "premium" RCMclip for 8euros https://www.amazon.fr/RCM-clip-Connecteur-Court-Circuit-Commutateur/dp/B07J5XF1NH but why would you? It's the same construction. It's the same "wires". Just because a guide tells you to buy one in particular doesn't mean the rest is crap
And as for the payload injector, it is honestly a gimmick, keep a usb-c cable with your switch if you need to inject payloads on the go, but then again, you can use payload launcher (or even aio-switch-updater *wink* *wink*) and never have to inject a payload in RCM mode.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IF YOUR SWITCH supports AUTORCM, You only need to use jig ONCE.
After you succeeded to send HEKATE payload, just activate AutoRCM and you need Jig no more.

So even a paper clip will do the job.

Last edited by leon315,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I got this one, for $0.85.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32906897222.html . Never failed to go into RCM, it works fine. If you looked at the design, you'd see the "wire" is stressed in such a way that it can't be "bend out of shape"

Now, if you're a fool, you're free to by the "premium" RCMclip for 8euros https://www.amazon.fr/RCM-clip-Connecteur-Court-Circuit-Commutateur/dp/B07J5XF1NH but why would you? It's the same construction. It's the same "wires". Just because a guide tells you to buy one in particular doesn't mean the rest is crap
And as for the payload injector, it is honestly a gimmick, keep a usb-c cable with your switch if you need to inject payloads on the go, but then again, you can use payload launcher (or even aio-switch-updater *wink* *wink*) and never have to inject a payload in RCM mode.
Amazon is a bad example. RCMclip is $1-$2 on AliExpress.
Cherry picking links to suit your argument I see.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32906958976.html

Now I'm not saying the jig you linked is bad. It looks like a wire based jig but it may not be, I don't have one to check, I'm just answering OP's question. I can vouch for RCMclip because I have one and I know it's high quality, but any jig with custom made pins is probably just as good. A wire based jig works too, but the best way to be sure is to get a quality one to begin with, especially when they are so cheap.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any jig works as long as it's not the one made with paper clips. I have one from China and it's very good. Pro tip: Be gentle when you place/remove it

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you using it frequently from a long time ?
2 years now, when. I plan to play a lot I leave the switch in sleep mode so I don't have to use the jig but when I only play during weekend or certain weekdays I turn my switch off and use the jig next time I turn it on, I don't use auto rcm and I don't care about burning fuses

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
2 years now, when. I plan to play a lot I leave the switch in sleep mode so I don't have to use the jig but when I only play during weekend or certain weekdays I turn my switch off and use the jig next time I turn it on, I don't use auto rcm and I don't care about burning fuses

how are you burning fuse ? It's not only if they detect a lower version on your sysnand than the usual one ?

Kanakops

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
oh ok I get it now, I was thinking burning fuse was a bad thing but it's just prevent me to downgrade in the future and even there I can use hekate to boot on an old version and do the update after.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
oh ok I get it now, I was thinking burning fuse was a bad thing but it's just prevent me to downgrade in the future and even there I can use hekate to boot on an old version and do the update after.
It isn't bad. But it makes no sense to downgrade.

by updating using Choixdujour and disabling autorcm
We don't need this antique tool called choidojournx. Atmosphere has it's own updater ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.