Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh I see. If it's not entering RCM mode then it's a problem with your jig. Mine will occasionally fail to work but usually reinserting or bending the copper wires in the jig back into shape will help it work again.

I think even patched units have RCM mode still since it's likely something factory uses to program them. It's the exploit payload once connected to PC part that is patched out in later models. If you can't even get to that step of the process then it's the jig.
Mine came with my RCM Loader, the build quality is great and doesn't bend at all.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Jig_001.jpgJIg_002.jpg

This is my jig. I got the one with the outer pin configuration. Was just a cheap 3D printed thing I got off eBay. Had to provide my own copper wire for it. I used wire out of a ethernet cable as I had one with solid copper wiring. As you can see mine has seen a lot of use with the scuff marks on the edges but it still works. :P

Could also be an issue with the joycon rail if your jig seems to be fine.

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 381032View attachment 381033

This is my jig. I got the one with the outer pin configuration. Was just a cheap 3D printed thing I got off eBay. Had to provide my own copper wire for it. I used wire out of a ethernet cable as I had one with solid copper wiring. As you can see mine has seen a lot of use with the scuff marks on the edges but it still works. :P

Looks good man. :grog:

Reactions: Apache Thunder

SenhorChibatadas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mine came with my RCM Loader, the build quality is great and doesn't bend at all.
I have been fidgeting with the jig for a while now repositioning the clip and what not, but no luck on RCM yet. I've since ordered two more different jigs from Aliexpress since Amazon or Ebay don't have a lot of options shipping from Europe.

Another question, but an RCM Loader would only work with the Switch in handheld mode, since it plugs into the USB-C, right? If I exclusively played Switch on the TV, I imagine it wouldn't work.
View attachment 381032View attachment 381033

This is my jig. I got the one with the outer pin configuration. Was just a cheap 3D printed thing I got off eBay. Had to provide my own copper wire for it. I used wire out of a ethernet cable as I had one with solid copper wiring.

How would I check to see if the rail is damaged? I'm not very good with small electronics.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been fidgeting with the jig for a while now repositioning the clip and what not, but no lock on RCM yet. I've since ordered two more different jigs from Aliexpress since Amazon or Ebay don't have a lot of options shipping from Europe.
I bought my RCM Loader from AliExpress before the fakes flooded the market.

How would I check to see if the rail is damaged? I'm not very good with small electronics.
Hold a flashlight into the second JoyCon rail to check for any bent or broken pins.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You have to "payload inject" outside the dock with the RCM Loader.
You can check your rail by connecting a joycon. Does it work? Then it's all good.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, my RCM Loader stopped working with the later versions of Hekake. I had to resort using my PC to inject payloads. :(

SenhorChibatadas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can check your rail by connecting a joycon. Does it work? Then it's all good.
Oh I see, so I could insert the RCM Loader into the Switch in handheld mode and then remove it when it's booted up and play on TV? And yes, the joycon is working, so I guess it's alright.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update your RCM Loader?
I bet mine is a V2 judging by the markings on the PCB, frankly I don't seem to find any later updates that will fix it. I've seen that it only applied to the white box variant, mine is a translucent box one.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh I see, so I could insert the RCM Loader into the Switch in handheld mode and then remove it when it's booted up and play on TV? And yes, the joycon is working, so I guess it's alright.
Yepp!

That's what I have to do from time to time when I happen to turn off the Switch fully or it locks up.
Just inject it with the RCM payload and then redock it. It's after all what their selling point of the Switch was. Portable to home console ;)

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet mine is a V2 judging by the markings on the PCB, frankly I don't seem to find any later updates that will fix it. I've seen that it only applied to the white box variant, mine is a translucent box one.
You could use argon-nx to get around the rcm loader not booting up hekate. Also depending on what version of hekate the rcm loader is able to use, hekate, while booting the payload, will check to see if the the booted payload is the latest, or if (cant remember exactly what file) the update.bin payload is newer and proceed to booting that

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could use argon-nx to get around the rcm loader not booting up hekate. Also depending on what version of hekate the rcm loader is able to use, hekate, while booting the payload, will check to see if the the booted payload is the latest, or if (cant remember exactly what file) the update.bin payload is newer and proceed to booting that
Okay thanks for the help.

Reactions: kidkat210

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tell most people to do this:

I put the tinfoil on the backside near the screws and only cover 2 pins (1&2 or 9&10--idk how ppl count anymore :sad: ).

I've had this for years and it's 100% working.
-----------------------------------
welp, cool you got it fixed--I think another user had the same problem, so I'll link this

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game