Switch not detected as in RCM mode on PC and mobile

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. I meant the nand/emmc modul with the ofw on it, not the sd card or some partition on it.
If the nand/emmc modul is removed the Switch will automatically start in RCM mode.

I assume that Yoan_2000s rail is shorted some how, because of the tinfoil rcm method. A normal Switch will boot with or without a RCM jig in the rail.

View attachment 408155
yeah i know but most of the times people call their emunand or their sd/tf card emmc even when u search for switch emmc it shows emmc as card thats where ive gotten the picture from

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i came back with some brand news

I haven't test the eMMc remove strat (i order some stuff to unmount the Switch) but

- I try to connect a wire keyboard on the switch and it works (so USB C port of the switch is fine ?!)

- in one night , the Switch came from 97% to 4% in sleep mode , is this normal ? is this related to the fact that their is a joycon with foil plug on it ?

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi i came back with some brand news

I haven't test the eMMc remove strat (i order some stuff to unmount the Switch) but

- I try to connect a wire keyboard on the switch and it works (so USB C port of the switch is fine ?!)

- in one night , the Switch came from 97% to 4% in sleep mode , is this normal ? is this related to the fact that their is a joycon with foil plug on it ?

I cann't follow... Why is there permanent a joycon with a foil? Don't you have a rcm-jig?

1. If I want to enter RCM, I remove the right joycon and put a rcm-jig in the rail.
2. While I'm holding "+-Volume", I press "Power" once. (And I than remove the rcm-jig and reattache the joycon.)
3. If I connect the Switch now via usb to my PC and start TegraRCM, a message will apear "RCM device found" (It doesn't matter if the Switch is patched or not)

My Switch boots up normal into OFW while the rcm-jig is attached (if not entered RCM)

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cann't follow... Why is there permanent a joycon with a foil? Don't you have a rcm-jig?

1. If I want to enter RCM, I remove the right joycon and put a rcm-jig in the rail.
2. While I'm holding "+-Volume", I press "Power" once. (And I than remove the rcm-jig and reattache the joycon.)
3. If I connect the Switch now via usb to my PC and start TegraRCM, a message will apear "RCM device found" (It doesn't matter if the Switch is patched or not)

My Switch boots up normal into OFW while the rcm-jig is attached (if not entered RCM)

Got a jig but he don't work so i stick a tiny piece of foil on my 9 and 10 pin of my right Joycon ,

pic1972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Yohan... can you check the serial number from the system? ( not from label) If your console has ben sent in a help center, the original motherboard may have been replaced with one not hackerable....

Another question...did you install the drivers with TegraRCM? Connect the console to PC, open Tegra and click on TAB Settings and then on Install Driver.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh and i forgot , i have buy a RCMLoader on the net but lots of people say there is tones of fake one , so i don't know if mine works , i replace their payload by the latest version of Hekate(6.0.7) but nothing append too when i plug it in my switch with supposate RCM.

RCM Loader don't show light

This last point looks to be a key in the situation !

normal OFW : RCMLoader light blue to say that he is connect to something with electricity

Supposed RCM mode : RCMLoader stay off as if my switch is not turn on at all

But when how cannot be in RCM when i press Volume + power , it stay black , if the jig was the issue the console while just boot normally .

- Serial number is xaj00050.... so use use to be hackable ..
I suspect your RCM Loader is a real one since it lights up blue when connected to a powered USB. But you should check that page just to make sure. Check especially on the second picture, for the USB C plug. The real one has a jigsaw pattern on the back, whereas the fake one has smooth metal with no pattern. I have a real one here, and can confirm the presence of the jigsaw pattern. Anyway, real or fake, you have a jig, which came with your RCM Loader, so remove any tinfoil stuck in your joycon rail, and use the jig itself, much safer. On the subject of your serial number, are you absolutely positive your serial starts with XAJ00050 ? Cause it's not even listed on this page, and it should be. Are you sure it doesn't start with XAJ1005 or something similar? Cause that would mean the Switch is patched and you've been chasing a wild goose all this time.

EDIT: @pic1972 is right, maybe your motherboard has been changed. You should check the serial in the system settings of HOS, just to confirm the serial number.

Last edited by Dust2dust,

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Yohan... can you check the serial number from the system? ( not from label) If your console has ben sent in a help center, the original motherboard may have been replaced with one not hackerable....

Another question...did you install the drivers with TegraRCM? Connect the console to PC, open Tegra and click on TAB Settings and then on Install Driver.

It doesn't matter. Even a patched (not hackable) Switch will go in RCM mode. The only different is, that you can not inject payloads.

If the jig and the foil aren't working, I guess the joycon rail or the lines are roasted.

A working Switch will start normal if a rcm jig is inside the joycon rail.

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From Settings ot said that Serial Number was : xaj70005 so consile is not patched

Will on tegra , each time i click "install driver" it said that driver are missing and after that it said that they have been succefuly installed
Post automatically merged:

I suspect your RCM Loader is a real one since it lights up blue when connected to a powered USB. But you should check that page just to make sure. Check especially on the second picture, for the USB C plug. The real one has a jigsaw pattern on the back, whereas the fake one has smooth metal with no pattern. I have a real one here, and can confirm the presence of the jigsaw pattern. Anyway, real or fake, you have a jig, which came with your RCM Loader, so remove any tinfoil stuck in your joycon rail, and use the jig itself, much safer.
Mine looks the same of the real one on the picture.

With jig in i can't go to RCM , Console boots normally with nintendo logo
(Foil is on Joycon , not Switch Rail)

If the jig and the foil aren't working, I guess the joycon rail or the lines are roasted.
Looks to be a lead ,

I think i need to try the eMMC method to see is its a RCM entry issue or a hardware issue.
Does someone as any tips for unmounting the SD Card reader ? when i bought this console on eBay and unmount it for the first time i damage the FPC connector of it and had to pay 50 bucks for a replacement. I don't want to do the same mistakes.

Last edited by Yoan_2000,

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does someone as any tips for unmounting the SD Card reader ? when i bought this console on eBay and unmount it for the first time i damage the FPC connector of it and had to pay 50 bucks for a replacement. I don't want to do the same mistakes.

Normaly I unmount the one silver screw which hold the sd pcb in place and pull the sd pcb gently up.
In your case would be interesting to know, what kind of repair was done. (New connector/reatached lines/...)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I suspect your RCM Loader is a real one since it lights up blue when connected to a powered USB. But you should check that page just to make sure. Check especially on the second picture, for the USB C plug. The real one has a jigsaw pattern on the back, whereas the fake one has smooth metal with no pattern. I have a real one here, and can confirm the presence of the jigsaw pattern. Anyway, real or fake, you have a jig, which came with your RCM Loader, so remove any tinfoil stuck in your joycon rail, and use the jig itself, much safer. On the subject of your serial number, are you absolutely positive your serial starts with XAJ00050 ? Cause it's not even listed on this page, and it should be. Are you sure it doesn't start with XAJ1005 or something similar? Cause that would mean the Switch is patched and you've been chasing a wild goose all this time.

EDIT: @pic1972 is right, maybe your motherboard has been changed. You should check the serial in the system settings of HOS, just to confirm the serial number.
I just compared my rcm loader with the pictures. It's funny because the back of the loader and the jig looks like the fake one but the font on the front looks like the real one

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just compared my rcm loader with the pictures. It's funny because the back of the loader and the jig looks like the fake one but the font on the front looks like the real one
Looking at both pictures, I really couldn't tell the differences between real and fake, even the font. But the jigsaw pattern on the back side of the USB C plug is easy to spot. I've never seen a fake one with my own eyes. Can you install new payloads with yours, or switch the active payload by pressing the button?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Looking at both pictures, I really couldn't tell the differences between real and fake, even the font. But the jigsaw pattern on the back side of the USB C plug is easy to spot. I've never seen a fake one with my own eyes. Can you install new payloads with yours, or switch the active payload by pressing the button?
I don't have the jigsaw on the back of the USB-C plug. I can switch payload with the button, I have done that several times to switch between fusee, Tegra and picklock_rcm. I have also copied Hekate payload 6.0.5 to it but I am not sure whether I have actually tried to send a recent version of the Hekate payload. I will try that when my son finish playing the switch

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have the jigsaw on the back of the USB-C plug. I can switch payload with the button, I have done that several times to switch between fusee, Tegra and picklock_rcm. I have also copied Hekate payload 6.0.5 to it but I am not sure whether I have actually tried to send a recent version of the Hekate payload. I will try that when my son finish playing the switch
OK, then the jigsaw pattern is not a reliable sign of real or fake. I guess it's just a matter of testing the device then. Did yours come in a clear box, with a short USB cable?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That sounds like it was left in RCM mode and not sleep mode. Careful of that because if your battery completely dies, you will be needing to charge the Switch over night.

You can also try using Rekado on your phone instead of NXLoader:
https://github.com/MenosGrante/Rekado

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
OK, then the jigsaw pattern is not a reliable sign of real or fake. I guess it's just a matter of testing the device then. Did yours come in a clear box, with a short USB cable?
Yes it came in a clear box with a red sticker and a short micro USB cable.
I just tried to send Hekate 6.0.5 payload and that worked fine. I also remember a long time ago I firmware upgraded the RCM Loader from the official site so I guess it is the real one I have. So yeah the jigsaw doesn't seem to tell real from fake

Reactions: Dust2dust

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like it was left in RCM mode and not sleep mode. Careful of that because if your battery completely dies, you will be needing to charge the Switch over night.

You can also try using Rekado on your phone instead of NXLoader:
https://github.com/MenosGrante/Rekado
Na , Sleep Mode on OFW , i'm gonna try to let it in Sleep Mode without the foiled joycon to see if there is a difference.

Try Rekado and got no Switch device detected in RCM

Looks like i have to try to remove eMMC module when i got time

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Serial number is good for patching
you mean your console is patched?

I know i made it right because console don't recongnize the joycon when i plug it in
Your joy-con is not recognized after you did what?

which is your console serial number?

what is eMMC :blink:
are u asking me to unmount physicaly my console ?

The only time i try to make it i broke the fpc connecor of the SD card reader and it took me 1 month to find someone for repair it
eMMC is the internal storage of the console is a MMC module. NAND is the technology inside of the module.

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean your console is patched?

Your joy-con is not recognized after you did what?

which is your console serial number?

eMMC is the internal storage of the console is a MMC module. NAND is the technology inside of the module.
Serial number is Xaj70005etc , so Switch is not patched

For the Joycon i've stick a tiny piece of foil on the 9 and 10 pin to connect them . As it as to do , Joycon is no longer recognize by the switch when I put it on the rail ; but it charge as it has to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?