My switch won't enter RCM anymore

MrVeidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I connected my switch in the wi-fi for testing sysdvr, but it automatically started updating, and it is now in version 17.0.1 (previously was in 17.0.0).
I tried entering RCM mode to boot the backup that I have in my PC to downgrade it, but it just isn't entering RCM mode, I tried charging it to 100% and still won't enter it, but it enter OFW normally. I also tried entering RCM mode (power + vol up) without the SD card cause I saw it in another forum post, but still nothing happens, it only responds to turning the OFW on. Can anyone help me with this please??

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I connected my switch in the wi-fi for testing sysdvr, but it automatically started updating, and it is now in version 17.0.1 (previously was in 17.0.0).
I tried entering RCM mode to boot the backup that I have in my PC to downgrade it, but it just isn't entering RCM mode, I tried charging it to 100% and still won't enter it, but it enter OFW normally. I also tried entering RCM mode (power + vol up) without the SD card cause I saw it in another forum post, but still nothing happens, it only responds to turning the OFW on. Can anyone help me with this please??
A system update will disable auto RCM but you can very much still enter it using a jig. Just make sure those pins are being bridge properly.

Reactions: BigOnYa

MrVeidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A system update will disable auto RCM but you can very much still enter it using a jig. Just make sure those pins are being bridge properly.
I don't use autoRCM cause it caused a lot of trouble for me in the past, I am using a jig but it just refuses to enter RCM mode, nothing happens when I try, it only boot the OFW

MrVeidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then your jig must not be bridging the pins properly.
It is the jig I always used, I used it last week and was working just fine.
I will get a friends jig tomorrow and see if it works, until then, any other tip to try out??

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must not be enabling RCM right with buttons or your jig and rail are not making contact. Maybe clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol, with power off, then insert the jig in right rail, then press/hold vol + and tap power button once, then let go of vol+. Switch screen should stay black, now your in RCM mode.

MrVeidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You must not be enabling RCM right with buttons or your jig and rail are not making contact. Maybe clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol, with power off, then insert the jig in right rail, then press/hold vol + and tap power button once, then let go of vol+. Switch screen should stay black, now your in RCM mode.
I will try cleaning with rubbing alcohol, the buttons works just fine all of then.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try cleaning with rubbing alcohol, the buttons works just fine all of then.
I not saying they dont, just want you to correctly press them this way. Press/hold vol+ , tap power button, then depress vol+ , then if the screen stays black and no logo appears, then you are in RCM mode, push the payload. (hekate/fusee)

Last edited by BigOnYa,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, I press then in the corret way, but still it does not have a response
If you mean no response, like nothing on screen then thats in RCM mode.
If it boots normal then something wrong. it is most likely a bad jig or damaged rail on switch. Try your buddys jig tomorrow, and lets hope its just that jig.
Post automatically merged:

Read this if you don't understand : https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto