Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I just bought few month ago an old switch an now i try to jailbreak it.

- Serial number is good for patching

- I made the foil method onright joycon (connecting pin 9 and 10)
I know i made it right because console don't recongnize the joycon when i plug it in

When i hold Power and Volume + the screen stay black as it should. if i press one time power console don't start so i think i'm well in RCM Mode

Problem , Tegra don't detect it, my phone with NXLoader neither

I precise that when i plug in without rcm mode PC recognize the console , make a sound and charge it

What can i try ?

OFW : 17.0.1
USB cable can transfer data (phone to pc for example)

UPDATE :
I try with an RCM Loader but its led don't turn blue when connect in the supposed RCM mode

NEW update :

w/ JIg : Power + Volume -> Stay black , RCM loader don't show any led on , pressing power don't boot up the console.
But mainly , even if i hold 15sec power , i can't boot anymore will i haven't remove the jig
Is it normal to not being able to completely power off the console with Jig in it ?

Last edited by Yoan_2000,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on OFW "Nintendo Switch" appear on device list but nothing when Switch is in supposed RCM mode , No APX in view in the device list
I would re-read those directions and make sure you followed it correctly, (using libusbk driver) and if still not work, try different usb ports on PC, and/or different usb cable. Some usb cables only charge but do not carry data.

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would re-read those directions and make sure you followed it correctly, and if still not work, try different usb ports on PC, and/or different usb cable. Some usb cables only charge but do not carry data.

"From the drop down list select the correspondent device, APX if you are on recovery mode"
The only device that Zadig propose me is my cam

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had the same issue in the end it was the cabel it wasnt even a cheap one
I just try with a different cable : Usb C to USB C that i use for my external SSD ... nothing change
Post automatically merged:

Yea sounds like maybe the USB cable if not work on phone either.
PC detect the Switch when she is on OFW , did that not exclude a cable issue ?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Are you sure it entering RCM
  2. turn off Switch.
  3. Insert jig. (foil in your case:O)
  4. hold volume +
  5. tap power button once.
  6. volume + button can be released.
  7. now you have a black screen if you're in RCM.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just try with a different cable : Usb C to USB C that i use for my external SSD ... nothing change

PC detect the Switch when she is on OFW , did that not exclude a cable issue ?
try more if you believe it or not half of mines didnt work either even if they had data lines ive tried those with phones or other accessories there were no problems but with the switch it was tricky and some behaived exactly like you described ofw switch is showing but not in rcm

another issue ive encountered was that the special driver didnt work on win 11 properly but this is fixed in the newest versions

if you still own your usb c wich came with your switch or the usb c from the pokeball controller those should do the trick

Last edited by rantex92,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Are you sure it entering RCM
  2. turn off Switch.
  3. Insert jig. (foil in your case:O)
  4. hold volume +
  5. tap power button once.
  6. volume + button can be released.
  7. now you have a black screen if you're in RCM.
Yes I did it , and i have to press power for 15 seconde to reboot it , nothing change. So i think i'm well in RCM mode

try more if you believe it or not half of mines didnt work either even if they had data lines ive tried those with phones or other accessories there were no problems but with the switch it was tricky and some behaived exactly like you described ofw switch is showing but not in rcm

another issue ive encountered was that the special driver didnt work on win 11 properly but this is fixed in the newest versions

if you still own your usb c wich came with your switch or the usb c from the pokeball controller those should do the trick
I'm on Win 10 , i try 5 different cable and non of them change the thing , I don't have official cable too.
Did the first cable you re talking about was sell with all the console ?

It looks very strange , is their an other way too verify that i have a good driver configuration ?

And is their an other way to see if i'm in RCM mode , i see people talking on the net that they get black screen and have to hold power for 15 second to exit it like me without being able to do other stuff on it

Oh and i forgot , i have buy a RCMLoader on the net but lots of people say there is tones of fake one , so i don't know if mine works , i replace their payload by the latest version of Hekate(6.0.7) but nothing append too when i plug it in my switch with supposate RCM.

RCM Loader don't show light

This last point looks to be a key in the situation !

normal OFW : RCMLoader light blue to say that he is connect to something with electricity

Supposed RCM mode : RCMLoader stay off as if my switch is not turn on at all

But when how cannot be in RCM when i press Volume + power , it stay black , if the jig was the issue the console while just boot normally .

Is their a possible issue wheir i just short-circuit the 9 pin whitout connecting the 10 pin or something like this ?

(and is their a way to tag the post as hacking for better placement in the forum ?)

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes I did it , and i have to press power for 15 seconde to reboot it , nothing change. So i think i'm well in RCM mode

I'm on Win 10 , i try 5 different cable and non of them change the thing , I don't have official cable too.
Did the first cable you re talking about was sell with all the console ?

It looks very strange , is their an other way too verify that i have a good driver configuration ?

And is their an other way to see if i'm in RCM mode , i see people talking on the net that they get black screen and have to hold power for 15 second to exit it like me without being able to do other stuff on it

Oh and i forgot , i have buy a RCMLoader on the net but lots of people say there is tones of fake one , so i don't know if mine works , i replace their payload by the latest version of Hekate(6.0.7) but nothing append too when i plug it in my switch with supposate RCM.

RCM Loader don't show light

This last point looks to be a key in the situation !

normal OFW : RCMLoader light blue to say that he is connect to something with electricity

Supposed RCM mode : RCMLoader stay off as if my switch is not turn on at all

But when how cannot be in RCM when i press Volume + power , it stay black , if the jig was the issue the console while just boot normally .

Is their a possible issue wheir i just short-circuit the 9 pin whitout connecting the 10 pin or something like this ?

(and is their a way to tag the post as hacking for better placement in the forum ?)
Sorry for my late answer

first yes there should be a very small usb c kabel with nintendo branding that came with every switch model

so ive read your whole post are u rly sure ur switch is hackable?
could you try sx os payload with your dongle?

and you could also post in switch noob questions thread
that more people can help you

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my late answer

first yes there should be a very small usb c kabel with nintendo branding that came with every switch model

so ive read your whole post are u rly sure ur switch is hackable?
could you try sx os payload with your dongle?

and you could also post in switch noob questions thread
that more people can help you
Thx for response ,

- I'm gonna look for a friend that can possibly have a original usb cable

- Serial number is xaj700050.... so use use to be hackable ..

sxOS payload don't work too (but RCM loader don't show led when plug in RCM ...)

- i gonna try in S Noob topic

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For checking that your connection is right, I would take out the emmc modul and plug the Switch to the pc. Without the emmc modul the Switch is automatically in RCM and you should be able to inject payloads.

My RCM loaders need a bit of charging before are usable, if I don't use them often.

Last edited by stetofix,
  • Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For checking that your connection is right, I would take out the emmc modul and plug the Switch to the pc. Without the emmc modul the Switch is automatically in RCM and you should be able to inject payloads.

My RCM loaders need a bit of charging before are usable, if I don't use them often.
what is eMMC :blink:
are u asking me to unmount physicaly my console ?

The only time i try to make it i broke the fpc connecor of the SD card reader and it took me 1 month to find someone for repair it

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what is eMMC :blink:
are u asking me to unmount physicaly my console ?

The only time i try to make it i broke the fpc connecor of the SD card reader and it took me 1 month to find someone for repair it
yeah he is talking about your tf card (emmc =emunand wich is on your sd/tf card)

since sx didnt gave a lifesign it got me worried since sx os should even give a sign on non hackable switch

idk how to help you i hope someone else can took over maybe on the switch noob thread

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tf card ?
1702221660343.png

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No. I meant the nand/emmc modul with the ofw on it, not the sd card or some partition on it.
If the nand/emmc modul is removed the Switch will automatically start in RCM mode.

I assume that Yoan_2000s rail is shorted some how, because of the tinfoil rcm method. A normal Switch will boot with or without a RCM jig in the rail.

wifi_2_soc - Kopie.jpg

Reactions: rantex92

Yoan_2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I meant the nand/emmc modul with the ofw on it, not the sd card or some partition on it.
If the nand/emmc modul is removed the Switch will automatically start in RCM mode.

I assume that Yoan_2000s rail is shorted some how, because of the tinfoil rcm method. A normal Switch will boot with or without a RCM jig in the rail.

View attachment 408155
thx for reply , i will test next week end , i let you know !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?