Hacking Switch booting into OFW but not detecting RCM

derpton89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. My switch was working fine before, I could inject the payload through TegraRCMGui and everything was fine. But recently I tried to install Spells and Secrets game through DBI backend using USB cable, and in the middle of it, it stopped installing with some error and wouldn't connect through USB again. Ever since then, switch cannot be detected by tegrarcmgui as being in RCM mode, when im quite sure it is as the screen stays black, and pressing the power button doesn't turn it on. Here are some facts:

- Switch can be booted in OFW.
- OFW is the latest firmware.
- I have an SD card with games for OFW, and another SD card with CFW which I use when i put my switch into RCM mode.
- I have tried different ports.
- I have tried different cables (100% sure these are data cables).
- I have tried different computers (2 different computers than mine).
- I have tried rekado on android (nothing happens when in rcm and connected to phone).
- I tried 3 different RCM jigs.
- When connected with cable to PC in OFW (not in RCM), device manager shows "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".
- AutoRCM is turned off.
- Hekate and Atmosphare are the latest versions as I recently got this console and hacked it.
- Tried going into RCM without SD card.
- Tried pressing power button for longer.
- Drivers are up to date. Uninstall tegra, drivers, restarted PC, then reinstalled tegra and drivers, restarted pc again and then plugged switch to computer while being in RCM, nothing happened.

The problem is that when in RCM, when I connect it to the computer, nothing happens. In device manager it shows nothing. In list of connected devices I cannot find APX device so I don't know what is going on. It charges fine. What could be the problem? Is my switch bricked?

Last edited by derpton89,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe SD card error? You have another card you can try with updated HATS? Backup your SD card, format it, and restore your card backup.

derpton89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was neither of them. In another thread here, it was determined that USB port is faulty. But after changing the USB port it still didn't work. In the end, it was some voltage regulator chip that was shorted, and changing it fixed the issue.

jokkergsm

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It was neither of them. In another thread here, it was determined that USB port is faulty. But after changing the USB port it still didn't work. In the end, it was some voltage regulator chip that was shorted, and changing it fixed the issue.
I have a similar problem. Which chip is this ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto