Hacking Switch not recognized by any computer in rcm and mtp

Just_A_K1rb0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi, I recently got my hands on an RCM jig, so I put my Switch into RCM mode but saw the error "USB device not recognized". I then tried every method I could find to fix it but either it didn't work, or the conversation ended before an actual answer was posted. I also tried the Switch in MTP mode "Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos > Copy to PC via USB Connection" but still no dice.

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I recently got my hands on an RCM jig, so I put my Switch into RCM mode but saw the error "USB device not recognized". I then tried every method I could find to fix it but either it didn't work, or the conversation ended before an actual answer was posted. I also tried the Switch in MTP mode "Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos > Copy to PC via USB Connection" but still no dice.
Sorry, disregard what I wrote here earlier, I have updated this post.
Since your PC says "USB device not recognized" that means the data lines and USB socket are most likely fine. Have you seen this post?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-booting-into-ofw-but-not-detecting-rcm.643408/post-10305991
Sounds like it can be fixed by replacing the voltage regulator chip.

Last edited by Advanced User,

Just_A_K1rb0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sorry, disregard what I wrote here earlier, I have updated this post.
Since your PC says "USB device not recognized" that means the data lines and USB socket are most likely fine. Have you seen this post?
(I don't have url posting permissions yet)
Sounds like it can be fixed by replacing the voltage regulator chip.
I'm fairly certain I did see that post, but I ignored it at first because I wanted to see if there were any software based solutions (no replacing any parts), however I think at this point it isn't any software that's the problem. I'll try to get one and see if it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto