No USB in Tinfoil or USB file transfer

RussT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hacked my V1 Unpatched switch today following the Rentry Guide. Everything went as expected.
Now that I'm running Atmosphere I'm running into a problem where my computer won't connect to it for file transfer in Tinfoil (driver installed) or USB file transfer.

It still recognizes it in Hekate for file transfer and Tegra for RCM .

Things I've tried:.
- Restarting both systems. PC and Switch
- USB first then app, app theb USB
- Different USB cables and ports C-C & A-C
- I've tried using zigzag and switching USB driver to libusbk.

Checking device manager It shows the switch as "Nintendo switch unspecified device"

Any help would be greatly appreciated ☺️

RussT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I missed the "Install Unsigned Code" part of the instructions for tinfoil 🤦‍♂️. I will check if it works when I'm back in front of my computer.

Any thoughts on what USB file transfer in Atmosphere won't work?.

I was about to try gold leaf when I had to leave. I will check back later and let you know if it works.

RussT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got goldleaf to work. I was about half way through setting it up so figured it was worth giving it a go. I hacked my other V1 and got the same results. It's probably something about my laptop that is causing the problem.

Reactions: BigOnYa

RussT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up settling on DBI after testing various methods. I have to use the DBI backend. MTP doesn't work. Much like all the other direct SD card access methods. Seems to be fine if their is some software interface.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Funny bone is the name of a chocolate and peanut butter cake :P