File Transfer Options On OSX

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My windows pc died so i've only got osx at the moment. FTP keeps crashing on me with larger nsp's, what is the best way for me to transfer files?

I tried Android File Transfer, but it doesn't even recognize the switch.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but with an MTP server, doesn't osx have to recognize the swith with either Android File Transfer or Open MTP?

I tried both of those and neither detect the switch on osx

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android File Transfer will recognise the Switch when DBI is running its MTP server.

i've got dbi in MTP and Android File Transfer shows
Could not connect to device
Post automatically merged:

Oh wait - i figured it out...google drive was causing issues - i had to close out of that

If I transfer with MTP using DBI will I still have to install once it's copied over?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Post automatically merged:

Oh wait - i figured it out...google drive was causing issues - i had to close out of that

If I transfer with MTP using DBI will I still have to install once it's copied over?
Nop, on MTP you will see several folders, on the Install SD or Install NAND, any thing you copy to them will be installed on SD or NAND

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nop, on MTP you will see several folders, on the Install SD or Install NAND, any thing you copy to them will be installed on SD or NAND
i'm obviously using it wrong then....i always transfer to a directory i created called install

Is there a better way to do it?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm obviously using it wrong then....i always transfer to a directory i created called install

Is there a better way to do it?
Make the Android File Transfer window as wide as you can, and you'll see a bunch of tabs along the top. Choose one of the two Install tabs depending where you want it, and drag the game files there, they'll be installed directly.

Reactions: MikeTheKnight2016

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://twitter.com/TakiUdon_/status/1784139240328310955?cxt=HBwW1sLVmfbLxMIxAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVf...