Switch doesn't turn on

Roxainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I've had a modded switch with Atmosphere for over a year. I've always used it in emuMMC and I always updated it correctly. I never had problems. I never even turned it off completely so as not to have to inject the payload, except for the 2/3 times I updated Atmosphere and firmware. Yesterday I turned it off completely to remove the micro SD and update Atmosphere, but it never turned back on. Once I turned off the Switch and prepared the SD, I tried to send it to RCM with Vol + and PWR but I forgot to insert the jig. Obv nothing happened, so I inserted the jig and tried again but nothing happened again. PC doesn't detect any RCM and the Switch doesn't even turn on normally anymore. Apparently dead. I tried charging it all night, holding PWR, sending it into reset mode with Vol -, Vol + and PWR, I even tried opening it, unplugging the battery and plugging it again, but nothing. It gave me the same problem another time but after a few hours of charging everything was fine again. This time it shows no signs of life and it doesn't even go into RCM because the PC doesn't detect anything. If I insert it into the dock, the green LED on the dock turns on for a second and then turns off. How can I do?

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you had AutoRCM turned on, then nothing will happen and the screen stays black
unless you have a working jig and a valid payload.
You can't even enter the recovery mode (vol + - pwr) with autorcm mode on.
Unplugging the battery doesn't matter. As soon as you try to turn it on, it directly goes to autorcm mode again.
You can always forcefully turn it off by pressing the power button for 20~30 seconds.

Things to check :
Is you jig fine? (Maybe use a multimeter to see if both pins connect).
No bend or misaligned pins on the jig?
Is the joycon rail fine? (just look with a flashlight for bend pins in the right joycon connector of the switch)
Is the USB-C port fine? (check for missing pins or something broken).
Use another USB cable.
Use another USB port.
Use an Android smartphone with Rekado (beware of OTG settings on some phones)
Use lockpick_rcm to test injecting a payload (any version will do, it doesn't need the SD card so great for testing).

The green light that turns off when you put it in the dock probably just means that your battery is full.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto