Hardware how much longer? Wiikey.cn is it ever coming back?

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've done some mild serching and i cant find anything about why wiikey.cn was shut down, why it isnt back yet or any thing. at this point im assuming no one really cares because all the games still work with it... BUT! some of the high proflie games of the year are just around the corner...AND the big N might want to pull a SMG protection sorta thing with them... and if you are like me a wii key user, it would be nice that their is still support for it out thier? any one got some info to get me and a few others out of the dark?

Thanks for your time, look forward to your answers.

theman69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some think that a site isnt neccesary and they can easily release any upgrades from any popular site....

personally i just hope for the best and that they only pull out at the end.(no pun intended)

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their domain expired a few weeks ago. People said they shut it down to protect themselves, but the people are wrong. Wiikey neglected to reserve the domain again and either another company got it or nobody owns it.

The wiikey is dead. What makes you think there was going to be anoither firmware? The 1.9G was a great surprize to many.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've read somewhere that the D2CKey is going to support the WiiKey in the future (the 1.9g was done by them) and that they will directly release to Scene sites, like they did with 1.9b on Eurasia (yeah, that was more like a leak, but that's the concept)
tongue.gif

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I hope not becuase I just brought one, and im sure that I heard that D2CKey was the one that will make the update now and that it could be spreaded on popular sites.

edit: oops wrong group.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to see more reactions from females about ass-on-screen for updates
ph34r.gif

But seriously, all I've seen is an apache page up for a while so I just assumed that they got hacked again and didn't backup their site so they need to put up a new html and just can't be bothered.

I saw there were problems with the 1.9G but I figured them out by myself. It isn't very straight foreward how to get a configuration disc working for this thing. Now I have it set region free at 60hz but I heard some games won't work (I doubt that, there are a LOT of misinformed people when it comes to Wii).

Anyway hoping to see them come back. I think my wiikey is genuine. There's all sorts of speculation and rumor that 1.9G with this config disc I have won't even work on a clone, but I doubt that the clones are any different still than the original besides PCB build quality.

Best $5 I ever spent? I dunno, I'm not much of a wii fan.

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
what ever they do in the end, i hope they would be decent enough to release the source so as it can still be developed by the rest of the public that may need a fix to play a game. chances of that are...?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is easily the 18th thread started about this topic. OZmodchips (wiikey reseller) has actually made this copypasta over on the black cats forum for this very reason.

QUOTE said:
ozmodchps
Here is the info
I'm writing it once, so copy and paste it where ever someone writes about it.

Wiikey team is still alive, but they will no longer have a website, unless they decide to at a later date.
No website DOES NOT MEAN NO SUPPORT, so stop stressing out and emailing everyone about it. They will bring out update if they are needed on scene sites like wiinewz.com.

People want a website for comfort, and more updates? Updates for what?
The product does not need to be updated right now...and when it does need to be updated, it will.
1.9 will always be in BETA.

What is D2CKey? D2ckey is wiikey strapped to a diff board working differently. D2cey will soon be updateable

Why is it down?
Modchip are illegal now in Hong Kong, thats where it was hosted. All the downtime before was from DDOS attacks from other teams.

Ok cool?
done. finished.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is easily the 18th thread started about this topic. OZmodchips (wiikey reseller) has actually made this copypasta over on the black cats forum for this very reason.

QUOTE said:
ozmodchps
Here is the info
I'm writing it once, so copy and paste it where ever someone writes about it.

Wiikey team is still alive, but they will no longer have a website, unless they decide to at a later date.
No website DOES NOT MEAN NO SUPPORT, so stop stressing out and emailing everyone about it. They will bring out update if they are needed on scene sites like wiinewz.com.

People want a website for comfort, and more updates? Updates for what?
The product does not need to be updated right now...and when it does need to be updated, it will.
1.9 will always be in BETA.

What is D2CKey? D2ckey is wiikey strapped to a diff board working differently. D2cey will soon be updateable

Why is it down?
Modchip are illegal now in Hong Kong, thats where it was hosted. All the downtime before was from DDOS attacks from other teams.

Ok cool?
done. finished.
Jealous uh? I bet it was Team Cyclops.

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all this news is comforting, but every time I hear something about the Wiikey Team, its this 'he said, she said..' bullshit.
I want information straight from the horses mouth. This Brawl/duallayer update still isnt here, just like the late 1.9g update, and I'm becoming concerned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...