how much longer? Wiikey.cn is it ever coming back?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Edwii, Jan 22, 2008.

Jan 22, 2008
  1. Edwii
    OP

Member Edwii GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've done some mild serching and i cant find anything about why wiikey.cn was shut down, why it isnt back yet or any thing. at this point im assuming no one really cares because all the games still work with it... BUT! some of the high proflie games of the year are just around the corner...AND the big N might want to pull a SMG protection sorta thing with them... and if you are like me a wii key user, it would be nice that their is still support for it out thier? any one got some info to get me and a few others out of the dark?

Thanks for your time, look forward to your answers.

2. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    No one here has this information unfortunately. All we have to go on is speculation at the moment. Hopefully, this is the last time this question is posted here.

3. theman69

Member theman69 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Some think that a site isnt neccesary and they can easily release any upgrades from any popular site....

personally i just hope for the best and that they only pull out at the end.(no pun intended)

4. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Their domain expired a few weeks ago. People said they shut it down to protect themselves, but the people are wrong. Wiikey neglected to reserve the domain again and either another company got it or nobody owns it.

The wiikey is dead. What makes you think there was going to be anoither firmware? The 1.9G was a great surprize to many.

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I've read somewhere that the D2CKey is going to support the WiiKey in the future (the 1.9g was done by them) and that they will directly release to Scene sites, like they did with 1.9b on Eurasia (yeah, that was more like a leak, but that's the concept) [​IMG]

6. Akoji

Member Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Canada
    Well I hope not becuase I just brought one, and im sure that I heard that D2CKey was the one that will make the update now and that it could be spreaded on popular sites.

edit: oops wrong group.

7. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    I want to see more reactions from females about ass-on-screen for updates [​IMG]

But seriously, all I've seen is an apache page up for a while so I just assumed that they got hacked again and didn't backup their site so they need to put up a new html and just can't be bothered.

I saw there were problems with the 1.9G but I figured them out by myself. It isn't very straight foreward how to get a configuration disc working for this thing. Now I have it set region free at 60hz but I heard some games won't work (I doubt that, there are a LOT of misinformed people when it comes to Wii).

Anyway hoping to see them come back. I think my wiikey is genuine. There's all sorts of speculation and rumor that 1.9G with this config disc I have won't even work on a clone, but I doubt that the clones are any different still than the original besides PCB build quality.

Best $5 I ever spent? I dunno, I'm not much of a wii fan.

8. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    what ever they do in the end, i hope they would be decent enough to release the source so as it can still be developed by the rest of the public that may need a fix to play a game. chances of that are...?

9. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    This is easily the 18th thread started about this topic. OZmodchips (wiikey reseller) has actually made this copypasta over on the black cats forum for this very reason.

10. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Jealous uh? I bet it was Team Cyclops.

11. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    well at least i have an answer now, i did serch gbatemp for an answer but i ended with no results, thank you.

12. Puxel

Member Puxel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    all this news is comforting, but every time I hear something about the Wiikey Team, its this 'he said, she said..' bullshit.
    I want information straight from the horses mouth. This Brawl/duallayer update still isnt here, just like the late 1.9g update, and I'm becoming concerned.