How can I make fake last played game entry for StreetPass?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by szymon170, Jul 16, 2016.

1. szymon170
    OP

szymon170 Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    Hello. I want to create something like the Twilight Princess 3D displayed on StreetPass, so when others will go near me they will see something like this:
    [​IMG]
    or this:
    [​IMG]
    I've searched the internet and I've found 2 apps:
    one has pre-made game titles like "Twilight Princess 3D" which I don't want, I want to make custom last played games, and the second is this one:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/questio...mebrew-app-shows-as-last-played.418413/page-2
    Does it work properly? Can I get somehow banned from using it? How can I edit the banner located in the .zip file?

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Or make it that if one game is being played, the system should set it as another. Kinda like a StreetPass "last played" icon changer.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That "Twilight Princess 3D" thing got people banned who opened the eShop link, so be careful. The tool probably works fine, why don't you try it instead of asking?
    There is a chance of getting banned since you're sending something to Nintendo's servers that would only be possible if you had a hacked console, however I have had FBI as my favorite title for a while now and had other hack-related titles set as my favorite title before that and nothing bad happened so YMMV :P

4. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    The only people that will see that are those with custom firmware. Normal 3DS users will not see anything at all.

5. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    Actually Streetpass sends over the game information to whatever 3DS it streetpassed. Includes Vanilla 3DSes

6. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Are you sure? Cause I used some SDK apps and when I streetpass it wouldn't show up as a title in their Plaza. I did streetpass someone that was using FreeShop.

7. Wafflepaint

Wafflepaint Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I have set FBI as my favourite software and my last streetpass since months and I didn't even get banned or got any warning

8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Apps can declare themselves (in the icon smdh) to be stealth: icon won't appear in caches, won't be sent over streetpass, and will be censored in activity log!

People banned for something they didn't make, seems legit

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  9. szymon170
    OP

szymon170 Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX

Jan 2, 2016
    Poland
    Where I live
    Actually it was real, they were banned because they've almost DDoS'ed Nintendo servers.

10. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Good to know. Thanks.