Homebrew Homebrew Controller Mods - Use homebrew GamePad-free!

Sant0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi @GaryOderNichts Great work with these Homebrew controller mods. Bloopair is excellent. have been using your hid2vpad fork. for me a long awaiting mod is hid to vpad to be able to apply patches without the need of official controller or gamepad. If it allows to press + on newly assigned hid controller or apply patches after certain time (countdown timer), that would allow using hid controller in port 1. This has been discussed several times on github. but looks like the author is not working on that anymore.

I hope and request you to take a look at the issue. thanks

PS: I am not allowed to post links yet. so Its on github, Maschell's hid_to_vpad. issues #67 and #96

Sant0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi @GaryOderNichts , i was wondering if you could add in HID to VPAD an option to apply changes with the HID Controller assigned as a Wii U Pro controller, I don't have a Gamepad nor a Wii U Pro Controller (i only have one wiimote, one classic controller and two PS3 controllers) so i use the app with the wiimote but when I try to assign the PS3 Controller as a Wii U Pro Controller in slot 1 i can't apply changes because the wiimote turns off, it only works if i assign the controller in slot 2.

I'm currently using this workaround:
1. Open HID to VPAD
2. Assign another HID controller as a gamepad (in this case the other PS3 controller that i have)
3. Apply changes with the wiimote (this exits the app)
4. Open mii maker (to open hid to vpad again)
5. Assign the PS3 Controller as a Wii U Pro Controller in slot 1
6. Since the other PS3 Controller is already assign as the gamepad i can now apply changes with that controller

After all this it lets me use the PS3 Controller as a Wii U Pro Controller in slot 1.

And thank you for the other apps they are really useful without the gamepad.
@GaryOderNichts. Same issue

Sant0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys. Looks like we have reached the point where the Gamepad or any other official controller isn't necessary to maintain the wii U (assuming tiramisu and bloopair already setup). Maintaining in the sense installing, deleting, using/playing games and other apps.
Or am I wrong? Most likely.

My doubt here is,
To install an app we have wup installer gx2 controllermod. Do we have something like that to delete apps without gamepad?
There might be some other issues too. Please mention if you know any.

AnnaCurto1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. Looks like we have reached the point where the Gamepad or any other official controller isn't necessary to maintain the wii U (assuming tiramisu and bloopair already setup). Maintaining in the sense installing, deleting, using/playing games and other apps.
Or am I wrong? Most likely.

My doubt here is,
To install an app we have wup installer gx2 controllermod. Do we have something like that to delete apps without gamepad?
There might be some other issues too. Please mention if you know any.
WUP installer GX 2 controller mod? So I can just use the WiiU Pro Controller, right? I need it!

Reactions: Sant0

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do we have something like that to delete apps without gamepad?
NUSspli. It's able to delete content availabe on the eShop only through, so you can't use it to delete VC injects nor homebrews.

//EDIT: @AnnaCurto1998
Currently supported mods:

Reactions: Sant0

Sant0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
NUSspli. It's able to delete content availabe on the eShop only through, so you can't use it to delete VC injects nor homebrews.

//EDIT: @AnnaCurto1998
Oh. NUSspli looks great.

Q1. Does it work with games downloaded using "wiiu usb helper" and installed using wup installer gx2?
Q2. Does it require gamepad? If it does, we need a controller mod for this.😁

Edit: I tested NUSspli. Answers for above questions:
A1. Yes, It works.
A2. Gamepad is not required. I tested using xb1 controller😃

Last edited by Sant0,
Reactions: V10lator

KingSquidZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do I install the GamePad-less version of any of these without using a GamePad in the first place? As far as I know there isn't any version of WUP Installer that supports Wii Pro Controller or Wii U Pro Controller...

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install the GamePad-less version of any of these without using a GamePad in the first place? As far as I know there isn't any version of WUP Installer that supports Wii Pro Controller or Wii U Pro Controller...
Use NUSspli or NUSspli Lite, Wii U pro controller works just fine with that one.

KingSquidZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use NUSspli or NUSspli Lite, Wii U pro controller works just fine with that one.
Alright, I'll try that right away. Thank you very much for your response.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm on a legacy homebrew installation; CBHC v1.6. As long as I don't have a GamePad on me, I'm unable to install Tiramisu and access the Aroma environment that is required in order to run NUSspli Lite.

Last edited by KingSquidZ,

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll try that right away. Thank you very much for your response.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm on a legacy homebrew installation; CBHC v1.6. As long as I don't have a GamePad on me, I'm unable to install Tiramisu and access the Aroma environment that is required in order to run NUSspli Lite.
NUSspli has a release for HBL, if that helps.

https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/releases/tag/v1.137

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get my hands on a Wii U Gamepad in a decent condition for a fair price and managed to install Tiramisu and Aroma. NUSspli runs perfectly on my Wii U now. Thanks for the help! :D
Well, I don't know if I was really that helpful since you still had to get a gamepad in the end, but I'm super glad you got one that works at a fair price, and I hope you have a lot of fun with Aroma!

Reactions: KingSquidZ

KingSquidZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One more question, this time about the controller mod applications: I installed the modded Homebrew Channel, but it appears to have a bit of a problem; whenever I launch any homebrew app from there, it kicks me right back into the Homebrew Channel. Only after getting kicked back, I'm able to actually launch something. Any solution for this problem?

Edit: This bug only seems to happen when installing a home menu shortcut for the Homebrew Channel. Opening Mii Maker for this instead seemed to work just fine, so I guess I'll just have to sacrifice a nice-looking icon and boot-up screen. ;)

Edit 2: I tried using the D-Pad and already quickly found out that GamePad-less support is already a part of the Homebrew Channel that comes with Tiramisu. Pretty awesome, so I suppose the channel listed would only still be useful for legacy homebrew installations. :)

Last edited by KingSquidZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?