Homebrew Homebrew Controller Mods - Use homebrew GamePad-free!

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm currently creating some modifications of existing homebrew to support more controllers and not rely on the gamepad.
All of the modifications currently support:
  • Wiimote
  • Wii Classic Controller (Pro)
  • Wii U Pro Controller
Additionally the mods are all compilable and compiled using the latest devkit and libs.

Currently supported mods:
Todo:
  • wuphax
  • Haxchi + Installer
  • FT2SD
  • DDD
  • TCP Gecko
  • wudump
  • HID to VPAD
  • USB Transfer Tool
  • PPSSPP
All the modifiications and source can be found here: https://github.com/wiiu-controller-mods
If you want a modification for a homebew just let me know.
If you are the author of any of the modifications feel free to merge them into your application.

Credits:
  • All the original authors of the applications
  • @huma_dawii for the suggestions and the testing of all the modifications

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm currently creating some modifications of existing homebrew to support more controllers and not rely on the gamepad.
  • Wiimote
  • Wii U Pro Controller
Additionally the mods are all compilable and compiled using the latest devkit and libs.

Todo:
  • wuphax
  • Haxchi + Installer
  • FT2SD
  • DDD
  • TCP Gecko
  • wudump
  • HID to VPAD
All the modifiications and source can be found here: https://github.com/wiiu-controller-mods
If you are the author of any of the modifications feel free to merge them into your application.

Credits:

Very good and reliable work comes from Germany.:yay:

Thank you very much for this great Achivement.:bow:
And of Course @huma_dawii for his "Persistence".

Thank you,my Freinds.:)

D

Deleted User

• Wiimote
  • Wii U Pro Controller

Todo:
  • wuphax
  • Haxchi + Installer
  • FT2SD
  • DDD
  • TCP Gecko
  • wudump
  • HID to VPAD

Credits:
hmm interesting I'll check this out thank you for developing this if there are any issues I will report it to you

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@GaryOderNichts Thanks mate!
I did some parallel work to yours in order to learn, I had a lot of fun!
I have to say It's really nice to see your elegant solution compared to mine.

About the homebrew launcher: there is a "toggle (+) for dpad" version out there:
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/pull/35/files

Side note:
@GaryOderNichts Do you happen to know if it would technically possible to mod wup-installer to be able to install from a WIIU USB-hard drive to the same hard drive?

My thought was if it could incorporate the same integration as ftpiiu-everywhere does (indirect use if libiosuhax from Mocha? please correct me if wrong) to see all partitions and mounted usb devices.

Last edited by jacobsson,

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About the homebrew launcher: there is a "toggle (+) for dpad" version out there
not sure if you already saw this, but for the homebrew launcher someone already made a modification:
Yeah I already know about this but it still needs some work. When using the pro controller you can only move the cursor with the D-Pad and not with the stick. I also don't like the fact that you always need to press the +-button to enable the mode.

Side note:
@GaryOderNichts Do you happen to know if it would technically possible to mod wup-installer to be able to install from a WIIU USB-hard drive to the same hard drive?

My thought was if it could incorporate the same integration as ftpiiu-everywhere does (indirect use if libiosuhax from Mocha? please correct me if wrong) to see all partitions and mounted usb devices.
Do you mean from one harddrive to another? This would theoretically be possible if one hdd is fat32 formatted and the other one in wii u format. But if you mean the same harddrive this also would be possible but there is no reason to do so since the harddrive is wii u formatted and you cannot put content to it using a pc.

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
but there is no reason to do so since the harddrive is wii u formatted and you cannot put content to it using a pc.

I'd argue that it'd very practical to use ftpiiu everywhere to transfer installable content:
FTP from PC -> WiiU formated HDD: "storage_usb/Install"

Then use WUP-installer to (theoretically) install the software from this "storage_usb/Install/" folder (instead of using any fat32 SD card).

On the top of my head some of the main advantages would be:
  • no 4GB file limitation (I think? Going to check this)
  • increased Install speeds (potentially faster transfer speeds?)
  • no more taxing the SD cards limited write cycles when installing new software
My goal with this would be to avoid writing to the SD card when installing apps/games.
I hope that makes sense somewhat?

EDIT: I know there is fat32 USB drive guide out there too, that one seem to target the nand

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd argue that it'd very practical to use ftpiiu everywhere to transfer installable content:

Then use WUP-installer to (theoretically) install the software from this "storage_usb/Install/" folder (instead of using any fat32 SD card).

My goal with this would be to avoid writing to the SD card when installing apps/games.

EDIT: I know there is fat32 USB drive guide out there too, that one seem t
Hmm... The actual installation is actually handled by the Wii U itself and not by wup installer so I guess I'll try it out if I have time...

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm... The actual installation is actually handled by the Wii U itself and not by wup installer so I guess I'll try it out if I have time...

I didn't know that. So basically the WUP-installer only triggers the internal installation process of the WiiU but poiting at the SD/Install folder?
I've seen guides transferring folders directly to the WiiUs title-folders, but that seem to require some hassle with DLC content for registering the title etc. and haven't turned out very good for some.

In my head WUP-installer took care of those extra details to make sure the game/app show up properly.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't know that. So basically the WUP-installer only triggers the internal installation process of the WiiU but poiting at the SD/Install folder?
I've seen guides transferring folders directly to the WiiUs title-folders, but that seem to require some hassle with DLC content for registering the title etc. and haven't turned out very good for some.

In my head WUP-installer took care of those extra details to make sure the game/app show up properly.
Wup installer just uses functions from the wiiu's coreinit.rpl. Thats why it works with all the stuff. It is like installing an application from the eshop.
coreinit has functions like MCP_InstallGetInfo, MCP_InstallSetTargetDevice and MCP_InstallTitleAsync that wup installer calls.

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wup installer just uses functions from the wiiu's coreinit.rpl. Thats why it works with all the stuff. It is like installing an application from the eshop.
coreinit has functions like MCP_InstallGetInfo, MCP_InstallSetTargetDevice and MCP_InstallTitleAsync that wup installer calls.

OK. So it seems wise to mod a WUP-installer (like the nice wup installer-gx2 you forked for control readings) in order to use the functions needed for the installation process.

In theory my idea of this mod would be to give an extra option choose the "storage_usb/Install" folder instead/or optional to the "sd:/Install" -folder and nand.

EDIT: take my suggestions with a grain of salt, I'm only brainstorming to make my life easier =)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I know there is fat32 USB drive guide out there too, that one seem to target the nand
There is no such a thing as more than 4GB files on the SD card problem, the installs are very nicely done and not a single file in the install folders exceed the 4GB. So that is not a valid reason for that Homebrew.

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There is no such a thing as more than 4GB files on the SD card problem, the installs are very nicely done and not a single file in the install folders exceed the 4GB. So that is not a valid reason for that Homebrew.
You mean the folder format that WUP-installer wants is made so that files cannot exceed 4GB?

"So that is not a valid reason for that Homebrew"
The 4GB limit was just guess work from my side. I don't think that invalidate all the other points the list, I had too many sd-cards get corrupted so I'll use FTP and a hard drive.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the folder format that WUP-installer wants is made so that files cannot exceed 4GB?

"So that is not a valid reason for that Homebrew"
I don't think that invalidate my other points made in that list. The 4GB limit was just guess work from my side.
The FTP to USB is too slow to do, I dont know what do you mean by that... but yes when you download a game from USB Helper or Utik, or extract your own with disc2app, a single file will NEVER exceed 4GB. This is because of the fat32 limitation.

Zipboy113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully someone will mod the Wii u pro controller to work with ds emulation on the Wii u. There just isn't a easy way around it. I wish there was a guide or a Homebrew program to use that would help. I get no luck with hid to vpad and I don't want to have to buy a dongle for Bluetooth just for something that should've worked out of the box for Wii u ds emulation. Nintendo sadly should've at least gave us the option to use one.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully someone will mod the Wii u pro controller to work with ds emulation on the Wii u. There just isn't a easy way around it. I wish there was a guide or a Homebrew program to use that would help. I get no luck with hid to vpad and I don't want to have to buy a dongle for Bluetooth just for something that should've worked out of the box for Wii u ds emulation. Nintendo sadly should've at least gave us the option to use one.

I understand that some DS titles are totally playable with the PRO controller... i think what you are asking is totally possible, maybe inside Loadiine GX2 first... enabling support for other controllers in the meta.xml maybe?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Zipboy113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that some DS titles are totally playable with the PRO controller... i think what you are asking is totally possible, maybe inside Loadiine GX2 first... enabling support for other controllers in the meta.xml maybe?

I tried editing the .meta to <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">2</drc_use>

to <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</drc_use> and still no luck for ds games.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over