Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

D

Deleted User

Any ideas why a couple of us have swapped axis on the left stick of a DS3 Maschell?
Each controller is different? My chinese one works with Wii U with default config just fine, however my original one doesn't work at all...

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tools simply displays the data the WiiU gets via USB from the controller. It's hard to parse this automatically.
When you look the value bit-wise, you'll notice, that each buttons is for one button. The hex format is only an other form of representation

I still don't understand. I posted a picture of the values I wrote down from your hidtest application. Would you mind telling me what the correct values I should be putting in the .ini based on that image I posted?

freaka-zoid

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone have new results in trying Bluetooth HID controllers (like the XBox One S and - what I am aiming for - the Switch Pro Controller) in combination with a dongle on the Wii U?
If we were to use a dongle that specifically supports HID, e.g., like that one, the controller should be able to pair and the dongle should send HID signals to the Wii U, right? Or would there be problems like the Wii U not recognizing the dongle because of missing drivers and such?
Did anyone maybe actually test such an approach (using dongles that explicitely support HID, not generic ones)?
Thanks! =)

WaveSmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DualShock 3 controller has some issues with the left analog. When I go up or down, it goes left or right. And it doesn't go in any other direction. When I start up the .elf, it says that there are no config files on my SD card, when there is at D:\wiiu\controller . Please help.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a little problem. It could be an easy fix that i've just not seen. When i'm playing using a PS3 controller, the Gamepad stays on - but goes dark because of inactivity, which also makes the television do the same thing.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a little problem. It could be an easy fix that i've just not seen. When i'm playing using a PS3 controller, the Gamepad stays on - but goes dark because of inactivity, which also makes the television do the same thing.
Turn off burn in reduction in system settings and turn off system shut down after inactivity.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DualShock 3 controller has some issues with the left analog. When I go up or down, it goes left or right. And it doesn't go in any other direction. When I start up the .elf, it says that there are no config files on my SD card, when there is at D:\wiiu\controller . Please help.

I have the same issue of config files not recognized. Anyone have a fix?

WaveSmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue of config files not recognized. Anyone have a fix?
I may have. I used this config file. Or you can just copy the code. Mine is named DS3.ini as you see it. It will still say that no config file was found when loading the tool, It will say a config file was loaded, so just press A on the gamepad. Be sure to name it correctly. DS3.ini

EDIT: SORRY! IT DOES SAY A FILE WAS LOADED! I WASN'T PAYING ATTENTION. SORRY.
[vid=0x054c,pid=0x0268]
[IgnoreDefault]

[gamepad]
VPAD_BUTTON_A = DS3_BUTTON_CIRCLE
VPAD_BUTTON_B = DS3_BUTTON_CROSS
VPAD_BUTTON_X = DS3_BUTTON_TRIANGLE
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = DS3_BUTTON_SQUARE
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = DS3_BUTTON_SELECT
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = DS3_BUTTON_START

//VPAD_BUTTON_HOME = DS3_BUTTON_GUIDE

VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L = DS3_BUTTON_L3
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R = DS3_BUTTON_R3

DPAD_MODE = DS3_DPAD_MODE
VPAD_BUTTON_LEFT = DS3_BUTTON_LEFT
VPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT = DS3_BUTTON_RIGHT
VPAD_BUTTON_UP = DS3_BUTTON_UP
VPAD_BUTTON_DOWN = DS3_BUTTON_DOWN

VPAD_L_STICK_X = DS3_STICK_L_X
VPad_L_Stick_X_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_X_Deadzone = 0x06
VPAD_L_STICK_Y = DS3_STICK_L_Y
VPad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Deadzone = 0x06
VPAD_R_STICK_X = DS3_STICK_R_X
VPad_R_Stick_X_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_X_Deadzone = 0x06
VPAD_R_STICK_Y = DS3_STICK_R_Y
VPad_R_Stick_Y_MinMax = 0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Deadzone = 0x06

VPAD_BUTTON_L = DS3_BUTTON_L1
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = DS3_BUTTON_L2
VPAD_BUTTON_R = DS3_BUTTON_R1
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = DS3_BUTTON_R2

PAD_COUNT = 0x01

Last edited by WaveSmash,

b0rd2dEAth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else just praying for that Rumble Update? Wii U Gamepad's rumble sucks, I hear it but barely feel anything. If Maschell can get something like

VPAD_RUMBLE_A = DS3_RUMBLE_A
VPAD_RUMBLE_B = DS3_RUMBLE_B

working that would be epic af. BOTW would just feel so much better.. Awesome work, keep it coming Maschell, you're already a legend. Become a god!!

Last edited by b0rd2dEAth,

b0rd2dEAth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, for some reason whenever I try running HID to VPAD v0.9b I keep getting a black screen. I got v0.2 working with my DS3, does anyone know why I'm getting just a black screen on v0.9-v0.9b?

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up or not. There are a lot of pages to search through. I doubt this would work, but if it could it would be very f@cking cool. Is it possible that at some point we could get the Nvidia shield tablet to connect as a game pad? Im typing this on one. I repair electronics for a living and therefore i am lucky enough to own a lot of pc's, laptops, and tablets. Out of all of them this shield tablet rocks. The game controller for it won't win any beauty contests, but is also one of the best i have ever used. It has a TouchPad, headphone jack, other common shit like that, but where it really shines is it's button mapping. So say you are playing an android game where all the controls are via touch screen. You can set any button, stick or trigger to work as a touch on the screen, or as a swipe, or repeat fire. It really changes how you play emulators on an Android. This tablet as nvidia put it awhile back as them showing off what they were capable of. We now know that it was them showing Nintendo what a tablet was capable of doing. The thing even has hdmi out with 4k upscaling. I know it would be a lot of work to get it to connect as a gamepad screen, or if it would even be possible. I'm also sure that not a lot of people in the scene who even has one. But it would be so ironic and fitting to get a shield tablet to work on a WiiU.

b0rd2dEAth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up or not. There are a lot of pages to search through. I doubt this would work, but if it could it would be very f@cking cool. Is it possible that at some point we could get the Nvidia shield tablet to connect as a game pad? Im typing this on one. I repair electronics for a living and therefore i am lucky enough to own a lot of pc's, laptops, and tablets. Out of all of them this shield tablet rocks. The game controller for it won't win any beauty contests, but is also one of the best i have ever used. It has a TouchPad, headphone jack, other common shit like that, but where it really shines is it's button mapping. So say you are playing an android game where all the controls are via touch screen. You can set any button, stick or trigger to work as a touch on the screen, or as a swipe, or repeat fire. It really changes how you play emulators on an Android. This tablet as nvidia put it awhile back as them showing off what they were capable of. We now know that it was them showing Nintendo what a tablet was capable of doing. The thing even has hdmi out with 4k upscaling. I know it would be a lot of work to get it to connect as a gamepad screen, or if it would even be possible. I'm also sure that not a lot of people in the scene who even has one. But it would be so ironic and fitting to get a shield tablet to work on a WiiU.

It's probably possible don't think using a tablet to control the Wii U gamepad button input would really work well. This particular software does not in any way emulate the Wii U gamepad screen either. I highly doubt someone has coded such software otherwise people would be using their laptops as a Wii U gamepad already. All HID_to_VPAD does is let you use a USB controller on your Wii U as if it was the Wii U gamepad. What I personally do is use my Cronusmax Plus + Bluetooth Dongle to emulate a DS3 controller and play wirelessly with my DS4.

Anyone get v0.9 working? It keeps just giving me a black screen when I launch it from the Homebrew Channel. It's not a huge issue, I can use v0.2 but it's still a bit frustrating.

Arkade789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

If it isn't much of bother, I would like to ask someone for help. I'm trying to configure my Hori mini fightpad 4 using HID to VPAD. My main purpose is to play Smash WiiU with a fightstick (just for the lolz). So far, I've successfully configured the right-hand buttons to a comfortable format.

The issue I'm running into however is mapping the stick itself to the VPAD's left stick. The stick compartment uses hat-switches; I can successfully map it to VPAD's dpad, but in Smash WiiU, that only produces taunts. Is there any way to map the hat-switches to the VPAD's left stick without bugs? After attempts, I can only have the game constantly move Up-Left when the stick is at the neutral position.

Thanks in Advance!
Arkade789

PS:Any way I can upload the .ini file? Just thought it'd be nice to share it in case some folks would like it.

Alchemist_Koen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Maschell
Thank you for this homebrew app.

Could you please provide us with the default.ini files implemented in the app?
Several users have reported problem with only the left analogue stick of their DS3 controller.
I want to reassign the position and values for the X & Y-axis of the left analogue stick.
It would be really helpful if I have the default.ini, because all the other buttons + R stick are working fine.

Last edited by Alchemist_Koen,

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Maschell
Thank you for this homebrew app.

Could you please provide us with the default.ini files implemented in the app?
Several users have reported problem with only the left analogue stick of their DS3 controller.
I want to reassign the position and values for the X & Y-axis of the left analogue stick.
It would be really helpful if I have the default.ini, because all the other buttons + R stick are working fine.

look at https://github.com/Maschell/control...1da4937e9b518961f374d7f0693874bf1/pad_const.c
or
https://github.com/Maschell/control...b518961f374d7f0693874bf1/controller_patcher.c

and you will see whats defined for DS3 or 4 controller
but when changing settings, you can change single settings for any predefined controller you dont have do redefine all good settings only the ones you want to change

Last edited by FunThomas,

Alchemist_Koen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
look at https://github.com/Maschell/control...1da4937e9b518961f374d7f0693874bf1/pad_const.c
or
https://github.com/Maschell/control...b518961f374d7f0693874bf1/controller_patcher.c

and you will see whats defined for DS3 or 4 controller
but when changing settings, you can change single settings for any predefined controller you dont have do redefine all good settings only the ones you want to change

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction @FunThomas.

I'll give it a try.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Is there a way to use aim mode with just a mouse and no keyboard besides recompiling the code? I don't have a wired keyboard handy and I can't get the code to build no matter what I did.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

If it isn't much of bother, I would like to ask someone for help. I'm trying to configure my Hori mini fightpad 4 using HID to VPAD. My main purpose is to play Smash WiiU with a fightstick (just for the lolz). So far, I've successfully configured the right-hand buttons to a comfortable format.

The issue I'm running into however is mapping the stick itself to the VPAD's left stick. The stick compartment uses hat-switches; I can successfully map it to VPAD's dpad, but in Smash WiiU, that only produces taunts. Is there any way to map the hat-switches to the VPAD's left stick without bugs? After attempts, I can only have the game constantly move Up-Left when the stick is at the neutral position.

Thanks in Advance!
Arkade789

PS:Any way I can upload the .ini file? Just thought it'd be nice to share it in case some folks would like it.

Would you mind looking at the values I posted and let me know how I'm supposed to convert them to a usable state for the ini file?

Arkade789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you mind looking at the values I posted and let me know how I'm supposed to convert them to a usable state for the ini file?

I wouldn't mind, but I can't view your profile, hence I cannot see your previous posts.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, so my DPAD unpressed value is 0x08 and the pressed values are 0x04, 0x00, 0x06 and 0x02. What do I put in the config for these values?

So the original value is 0x08. What do I input in this form to get the OR ?

http://www.miniwebtool.com/bitwise-calculator/
It looks as though this is an 8-directional switch. You will get values 0x01, 0x03,0x05,and 0x07 by pressing up-right, down-right, down-left, and up-left respectively. You will want to use something like the following
DPAD_MODE=DPAD_HAT
DPad_MASK=0x08
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_N=0x05,0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NE=0x05,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_E=0x05,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SE=0x05,0x03
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_S=0x05,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SW=0x05,0x05
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_W=0x05,0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NW=0x05,0x07
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NEUTRAL=0x05,0x08

DPAD_MASK may vary, but this should work. This will map your inputs to the gamepad's d-pad.

Last edited by Arkade789,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: