Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
My wii u gamepad is almost dead, keeps freezing after few seconds so I barely can load hid to vpad. But after loading it either ds3 or ds4 dont work, I think because my dead gamepad, what can I do to play with ds3 controller without gamepad turned on? Is it even possible?

[edit]
Oh sorry, there is a beta with pro controller support. To map my controller as Pro controller do I need to create specific ini or smth? Sorry guys, I could just try but it took me almost 2 hours to enter HBL with gamepad in current state :D

[edit2]

Everything works perfectly ( tried in botw with DS4), thank You very much for your work, You literally save my ass :)

you got it to work without the gamepad? please tell me which version you used and thanks is advance

tempname9966

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you got it to work without the gamepad? please tell me which version you used and thanks is advance

Yes, I downloaded version from post on page 34, then enter HBL with both wiimote and broken gamepad(hard as hell). Choose first pro controller and map DS4. In menu I remove battery from gamepad, and thats it. Start botw and press button on DS4 at warning about not connected gamepad, will show "playing as pro controller", thats all. But I have another problem, after few minutes console dim my screen because of inactivity, dont know why. Anyone knows? Sorry about my english mates :D

Oshidoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have you tried the example config provided at the bottom of the controller mapping wiki page and changing it around a bit for botw?

I'll show you how I tried to make a config. I tried to swap the dual start button and make that a single button, just plus on the gamepad. Then my idea was to swap it by making the Y button on the gamepad also function as the A button, both bound to the gamecube's Y button, So I am able to use the ingame button combination, which is ZL + A. I can't use this combo because gamecube button A is gamepad right stick click when pressing the double use button gamecube button Z.

[vid=0x057e,pid=0x0337]

//Settings buttons that are not double used
VPAD_BUTTON_X = GC_BUTTON_X
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = GC_BUTTON_START

//Acitvate double using
DOUBLE_USE = true
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_ACTIVATOR = GC_BUTTON_Z

//Setting buttons for GC Y
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = GC_BUTTON_Y
VPAD_BUTTON_A = GC_BUTTON_Y

//define which button will be used at which state
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_1_PRESSED = VPAD_BUTTON_A //Value when the acitvator is pressed
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_1_RELEASED = VPAD_BUTTON_Y //Value when the acitvator is released

I also tried to use the default config and edit it, like so:

[vid=0x057e,pid=0x0337]
[IgnoreDefault] //Ignoring the built in default values

//Settings buttons that are not double used
VPAD_BUTTON_X = GC_BUTTON_X
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = GC_BUTTON_START

//Setting dpad
DPAD_MODE = GC_DPAD_MODE
VPAD_BUTTON_LEFT = GC_BUTTON_LEFT
VPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT = GC_BUTTON_RIGHT
VPAD_BUTTON_UP = GC_BUTTON_UP
VPAD_BUTTON_DOWN = GC_BUTTON_DOWN

//Setting the sticks
VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_X = GC_STICK_L_X
VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_Y = GC_STICK_L_Y
VPAD_BUTTON_R_STICK_X = GC_STICK_R_X
VPAD_BUTTON_R_STICK_Y = GC_STICK_R_Y

//Acitvate double using
DOUBLE_USE = true
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_ACTIVATOR = GC_BUTTON_Z

//Setting buttons for GC Y
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = GC_BUTTON_Y
VPAD_BUTTON_A = GC_BUTTON_Y

DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_1_PRESSED = VPAD_BUTTON_A //Value when the acitvator is pressed
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_1_RELASED = VPAD_BUTTON_Y //Value when the acitvator is released

//Setting buttons for GC R
VPAD_BUTTON_R = GC_BUTTON_R
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = GC_BUTTON_R

DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_2_PRESSED = VPAD_BUTTON_ZR //Value when the acitvator is pressed
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_2_RELASED = VPAD_BUTTON_R //Value when the acitvator is released

//Setting buttons for GC L
VPAD_BUTTON_L = GC_BUTTON_L
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = GC_BUTTON_L

DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_3_PRESSED = VPAD_BUTTON_ZR //Value when the acitvator is pressed
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_3_RELASED = VPAD_BUTTON_R //Value when the acitvator is released

//Setting buttons for GC A
VPAD_BUTTON_A = GC_BUTTON_A
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L = GC_BUTTON_A

DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_4_PRESSED = VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_A //Value when the acitvator is pressed
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_4_RELASED = VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L //Value when the acitvator is released

//Setting buttons for GC B
VPAD_BUTTON_B = GC_BUTTON_B
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R = GC_BUTTON_B

DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_5_PRESSED = VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_B //Value when the acitvator is pressed
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_5_RELASED = VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R //Value when the acitvator is released

//The adapter has 4 ports.
PAD_COUNT = 0x04

I am probably doing something wrong, I'm not really good at understanding these configs

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I downloaded version from post on page 34, then enter HBL with both wiimote and broken gamepad(hard as hell). Choose first pro controller and map DS4. In menu I remove battery from gamepad, and thats it. Start botw and press button on DS4 at warning about not connected gamepad, will show "playing as pro controller", thats all. But I have another problem, after few minutes console dim my screen because of inactivity, dont know why. Anyone knows? Sorry about my english mates :D

thank mate, gonna try that out.
you need to disable burn in reduction in system settings.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
If this works with the switch pro controller... LOL
Umm... i tried it again with the Switch Pro Controller, but i have 2 problems
I cant see nothing until i press the SYNC button (maybe all buttons work but i didn't test it)
And in some positions there are values that i haven't seen never but without pressing any button, but if i press any button no one value changes, they are the same all the time
Do you know how to solve it @Maschell ?
Bye!
Ya lo intente yo y nada
I have tried it and nothing

Last edited by victormr21,
D

Deleted User

Switch Pro Controllers becomes HID-device only when you connect it via Bluetooth.
Use ChronusMax and see if that works.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@Maschell just wanted to report that neither cod: black ops 2 or cod: ghosts work when my DS3 is set as pro controller or gamepad in your latest beta
bo2 freezes on black screen after splash screen and ghosts freezes on splash screen
hope you can fix these issues in a future update and thanks for all the work you've done

Last edited by aljpn91,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been trying to get a Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad to work. The hidtest program works, but when I use my configuration for the controller the A,B,X,Y and the DPAD UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT are messed up. The DPAD (no matter which direction I press) registers as "X" and A,B,X,Y does nothing at all. They all use the 0x05 base offset. Might that be what's wrong? The rest of the buttons work fine.

Here is the .ini I created ...

Code:
//LogitechWirelessF710Gamepad
//[email protected]

[vid=0x046D,pid=0xC219]

DPAD_MODE=DPAD_Absolute_2Values

VPAD_BUTTON_LEFT=0x05,0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT=0x05,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_UP=0x05,0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DOWN=0x05,0x04

VPAD_BUTTON_A=0x05,0x48
VPAD_BUTTON_B=0x05,0x28
VPAD_BUTTON_X=0x05,0x88
VPAD_BUTTON_Y=0x05,0x18

VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS=0x06,0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS=0x06,0x10

VPAD_BUTTON_ZR=0x06,0x08
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL=0x06,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_L=0x06,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_R=0x06,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L=0x06,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R=0x06,0x80

VPad_L_Stick_X=0x1,0x80
VPad_L_Stick_Y=0x2,0x7F
VPad_R_Stick_X=0x3,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_Y=0x4,0x7F

VPad_L_Stick_X_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_X_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_Y_MinMax=0x00,0xFF

VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert=true
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert=true

I'd really like to get this working as a wireless solution would be ideal. Any ideas on what I can do to get it to work?

Last edited by cots,

Omar2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a ds4 fully working with the default .ini. The problem is that deadzones are too little and when I'm playing BOTW, link walks slowly by just putting my tumb in the stick... Can anyone help me?

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is that directed at me? If so what am I doing wrong? (Example please)

For example this doesn't look right:
Code:
VPAD_BUTTON_A=0x05,0x48
VPAD_BUTTON_B=0x05,0x28

This should probably be:

Code:
VPAD_BUTTON_A=0x05,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_B=0x05,0x20

I have a ds4 fully working with the default .ini. The problem is that deadzones are too little and when I'm playing BOTW, link walks slowly by just putting my tumb in the stick... Can anyone help me?

https://github.com/Maschell/control...figurate-the-Dualshock-4-controller#example-1

Last edited by Maschell,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example this doesn't look right:
Code:
VPAD_BUTTON_A=0x05,0x48
VPAD_BUTTON_B=0x05,0x28

This should probably be:

Code:
VPAD_BUTTON_A=0x05,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_B=0x05,0x20

I'm using the values given by the hidtest app. How are they not right?

Omar2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Switch Pro Controllers becomes HID-device only when you connect it via Bluetooth.
Use ChronusMax and see if that works.
I think no because in the compatibility page says that the Wii U Pro Controller is supported in a few consoles but other console controllers are not supported on Wii U (or they forgot to write it)
Bye!

Alchemist_Koen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried the default values for the DS3 in BotW. Everything works fine except for the left analogue stick. It seems like the y-axis on my DS3 controller is mapped to the x-axis of the vpad. I tried to swap the x and y axis for the left stick but it didn't work.

My attempt:
[vid=0x054c,pid=0x0268]
//Setting the sticks
VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_X = DS3_STICK_L_Y
VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_Y = DS3_STICK_L_X

I also have a DS4 (new version). But that one doesn't work at all.

I also bought a generic bluetooth USB adapter from ebay. Is it possible to get that to work? Do I need to find the correct 'vid' and 'pid' for the bluetooth controller en map the buttons?

Last edited by Alchemist_Koen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Funky Kong has one of the worst hidden stat totals of all Mario Kart Wii characters, and the...